Islamic Terrorism

B-Man

Obama says he does not watch enough TV, and the New York Times sends it down the Memory Hole

I’m not sure which is more damning, the following passage

In his meeting with the columnists, Mr. Obama indicated that he did not see enough cable television to fully appreciate the anxiety after the attacks in Paris and San Bernardino, and made clear that he plans to step up his public arguments. Republicans were telling Americans that he is not doing anything when he is doing a lot, he said.

…Or the fact that at least at the moment, it’s since been expunged from the Times’ article, even though it was quoted last night by the Washington Post’s Erik Wemple, the Wall Street Journal’s James Taranto, and CNN’s Brian Stelter. And it was in the Google cache as of last night as well:

google_cache_obama_cable_tv_nyt_edit_12-

As for Obama not watching enough TV — for better or worse, throughout his tenure in office, our semi-retired president certainly appears to be a voracious consumer of at least the entertainment portion of the medium. And as Taranto notes, just imagine George Bush saying something along the lines of not watching enough cable television to fully appreciate the public’s anxiety after two near concurrent major terrorist attacks during his administration.

On the other hand, it was nice of Obama to live out the lede of Glenn’s latest USA Today article: “Democrats are supposed to be the party of compassion, but lately a lot of Americans are feeling as if the Obama administration doesn’t much care about them. The reason is terrorism and the way Obama and Hillary Clinton have responded to it.”

Our president needs television talking heads to help him relate to real people's concerns ? Really ?

Edited by B-Man

Obama says he does not watch enough TV, and the New York Times sends it down the Memory Hole

I’m not sure which is more damning, the following passage

…Or the fact that at least at the moment, it’s since been expunged from the Times’ article, even though it was quoted last night by the Washington Post’s Erik Wemple, the Wall Street Journal’s James Taranto, and CNN’s Brian Stelter. And it was in the Google cache as of last night as well:

google_cache_obama_cable_tv_nyt_edit_12-

As for Obama not watching enough TV — for better or worse, throughout his tenure in office, our semi-retired president certainly appears to be a voracious consumer of at least the entertainment portion of the medium. And as Taranto notes, just imagine George Bush saying something along the lines of not watching enough cable television to fully appreciate the public’s anxiety after two near concurrent major terrorist attacks during his administration.

On the other hand, it was nice of Obama to live out the lede of Glenn’s latest USA Today article: “Democrats are supposed to be the party of compassion, but lately a lot of Americans are feeling as if the Obama administration doesn’t much care about them. The reason is terrorism and the way Obama and Hillary Clinton have responded to it.”

Our president needs television talking heads to help him relate to real people's concerns ? Really ?

You have Obama Derangement Disorder

By what measure?

He's checking with his overlords on how to respond.

Probably something like he saved the country from the mess he inherited from his predecessor and prevented a great depression, gave out free phones (paid by tax payers) crushed his enemies with the IRS, made a red line in the sand, droned a bunch of people, blamed republicans and a guy on youtube, released but no detainees (ignore that they rejoined al Qaeda) made the world safer and saved the world from climate change. Best president ever

Edit- gitmo detainees

Edited by drinkTHEkoolaid

He's checking with his overlords on how to respond.

Probably something like he saved the country from the mess he inherited from his predecessor and prevented a great depression, gave out free phones (paid by tax payers) crushed his enemies with the IRS, made a red line in the sand, droned a bunch of people, blamed republicans and a guy on youtube, released but no detainees (ignore that they rejoined al Qaeda) made the world safer and saved the world from climate change. Best president ever

And he healed national racial tensions with beers on the White House lawn.

And he healed national racial tensions with beers on the White House lawn.

Forgot about that. Remember when Obama drank beers with cops....which how he ended up in that situation shouldn't surprise anyone with his irresponsible rhetoric that has grown the anti cop black lives matter bull **** to what it is today.

Having them face Mecca and pray is appropriate?

No one was having them face Mecca and pray. They were just writing out the First Pillar of Islam, the recitation of which is the only formal ceremony required for conversion to Islam.

So it's more akin to giving them an assignment of "pretend to baptize each other."

No one was having them face Mecca and pray. They were just writing out the First Pillar of Islam, the recitation of which is the only formal ceremony required for conversion to Islam.

So it's more akin to giving them an assignment of "pretend to baptize each other."

Yeah but imagine the uproar if there was a school assignment to write in Greek or Latin I am the Lord thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. Thou shalt have no other Gods before me.

By what measure?

Recent history

Yeah but imagine the uproar if there was a school assignment to write in Greek or Latin I am the Lord thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. Thou shalt have no other Gods before me.

I tried imagining it but no uproar turned up. Can't imagine there would be any uproar about that

Thanks for correcting me. I wonder why gator didn't? It's impossible to slow play anything here.