Islamic Terrorism

B-Man

My parents never objected to my school decorating during Christmas or Easter. My parents even sent me to church for a few Sundays so I can better understand those that are different than I. I learned we are more similar than most realize. It was an important lesson and I recommend it to young students today.

Ignorance fuels intolerance and hate.

My parents never objected to my school decorating during Christmas or Easter. My parents even sent me to church for a few Sundays so I can better understand those that are different than I. I learned we are more similar than most realize. It was an important lesson and I recommend it to young students today.

Ignorance fuels intolerance and hate.

Did they require that you recite The Lords Prayer?

I think of someone wants to participate and learn about another religious service for personal growth and experience thats great, but they shouldn't be forced or graded to do so from a position of power unless it's a class you electively take.

To clarify what I mean is i am ok with students learning about other religions and being graded but they shouldn't be required to actively participate if it is against their beliefs.

I think of someone wants to participate and learn about another religious service for personal growth and experience thats great, but they shouldn't be forced or graded to do so from a position of power unless it's a class you electively take.

To clarify what I mean is i am ok with students learning about other religions and being graded but they shouldn't be required to actively participate if it is against their beliefs.

^this

Learning about other religions and cultures is one thing. Requiring an active declaration of faith is another

They taught us about the 5 pillars of Islam in the 5th grade. It was 1987, I believe, nobody seemed to care back then or put up a fuss about it.

By choice? Nobody forced me to say it. Muslims actually say the same thing just slightly different. Amen vs ameen. We have a lot of the same beliefs.

The point of my story was its good to learn about other people. It's important we do so.

Edited by Justice

They taught us about the 5 pillars of Islam in the 5th grade. It was 1987, I believe, nobody seemed to care back then or put up a fuss about it.

By choice? Nobody forced me to say it. Muslims actually say the same thing just slightly different. Amen vs ameen. We have a lot of the same beliefs.

The point of my story was its good to learn about other people. It's important we do so.

So do you say Allah Dammit!! a lot when you watch the Bills?

That makes us pretty much the same age.

You know what else I remember from back in those days? Having to say the Pledge of Allegiance every morning.

It wasn't optional either. But today it is. Some parents did not want their kids required to actively declare allegiance to something the parents took umbrage with. Some people were offended by Under God. Others just hate America.

There were plenty of other Arabic writings that could have been used for this class.

Did they make you repeat the shahada?

Again...it's roughly equivalent to being taught Christianity by performing a baptism.

Did they make you repeat the shahada?

Again...it's roughly equivalent to being taught Christianity by performing a baptism.

No, but words are just words when it comes to something like that. If you believe in those words then they mean something.

Watched a little bit of the special based on ISIS on CNN titled "Blinded: How ISIS Shook the World". Somebody needs to tell these "Muslims" they're supposed to all face the same direction and not just start their prayer with their heads on the ground. What a joke.

I remember those lessons as well which I'm fine with. I have no problem being required to learn about the world's major religions. But I don't think students should be required to participate in them. There is a difference. If you choose to participate sure great, but required, no.