Islamic Terrorism

B-Man

Sure, and the mini mo Quataris. But the bearded bosses try and keep it under control IMO. They like money as much as they hate the Shia. And they periodically crown the crazies with ashtrays whenever they jump up and down too much - just as the Turks used to do back in the good old days of the Ottoman empire.

The bolded is where you are incorrect. They pour hundreds of millions (of western money) into promoting extremism, not to mention how they restrict the freedoms of their own people to a barbaric degree. You should re-read that article above.

Shakespeare couldn't spell either.

For sure they don't like Shias, but the crazies give them more trouble than they are worth these days. 700 years ago it was a deal the House of Saud had to make.

I think the Wahhabi sect is more like 200-300 years old

The bolded is where you are incorrect. They pour hundreds of millions (of western money) into promoting extremism, not to mention how they restrict the freedoms of their own people to a barbaric degree. You should re-read that article above.

They are not absolved of course but the impetus comes from the clerics they likely regret being in partnership with, as well as the unwashed masses.

Don't forget their rule is fragile and thats probably why the age old compact perists.

Picture them trying to ride a two ton Bramah bull.

I think the Wahhabi sect is more like 200-300 years old

No, the House of Saud allied itself with Mr Wahhabi himself in the early 14th century in order to consolidate their hold on theArabian Peninsula.

Except you're oversimplifying things. Saudi Wahhabism is not traditional Wahhabism is not neo-Salafist jihadism is not a dozen other splinter beliefs. A large number of current extremist groups believe the Saudis are infidels, and have for the past 25 years.

(Side note: 25 years ago yesterday that Desert Storm kicked off, which is why the neo-Salafists consider the Saudis apostate.)

They are not absolved of course but the impetus comes from the clerics they likely regret being in partnership with, as well as the unwashed masses.

Don't forget their rule is fragile and thats probably why the age old compact perists.

Picture them trying to ride a two ton Bramah bull.

No, the House of Saud allied itself with Mr Wahhabi himself in the early 14th century in order to consolidate their hold on theArabian Peninsula.

Are you confusing C.E. time with A.H. time? Mr Wahhabi was born 1703 Calendar era

Except you're oversimplifying things. Saudi Wahhabism is not traditional Wahhabism is not neo-Salafist jihadism is not a dozen other splinter beliefs. A large number of current extremist groups believe the Saudis are infidels, and have for the past 25 years.

(Side note: 25 years ago yesterday that Desert Storm kicked off, which is why the neo-Salafists consider the Saudis apostate.)

No doubt I am oversimplifying things. But are we quibbling. Saudi Arabia is also home to it in its most primitive aspect and Saudi Arabians, like Bin Laden, amongst its principal exponents. My point was that the people who run the country are not to be confused with them. If they were one and the same there would be an official policy for the extermination of all Shia Moslems, even Saudi citizens, since fundamentalist Wahhabism regards non-conforming Moslems as more contemptible than infidels, and clearly they don't do that.

Besides the extremists in Saudi Arabia are a threat to the Royal Family and their mortal enemy. Hardly surprising that "official" Wahhabism looks to distinguish itself from them.

OTOH, note that the Saudis are in no hurry to eliminate ISIS because they are a Sunni bulwark against Shia Iran and therefore they serve their regional interests.

No doubt I am oversimplifying things. But are we quibbling. Saudi Arabia is also home to it in its most primitive aspect and Saudi Arabians, like Bin Laden, amongst its principal exponents. My point was that the people who run the country are not to be confused with them. If they were one and the same there would be an official policy for the extermination of all Shia Moslems, even Saudi citizens, since fundamentalist Wahhabism regards non-conforming Moslems as more contemptible than infidels, and clearly they don't do that.

Besides the extremists in Saudi Arabia are a threat to the Royal Family and their mortal enemy. Hardly surprising that "official" Wahhabism looks to distinguish itself from them.

OTOH, note that the Saudis are in no hurry to eliminate ISIS because they are a Sunni bulwark against Shia Iran and therefore they serve their regional interests.

I meant "you" in the plural sense, btw.