Islamic Terrorism

B-Man

Philly hasn't had a good mayor since Rendell. There's no point spending any time on any of the corrupt, multi-fail hacks that have held the office since.

Agreed...just thought it was interesting we have uniformed police officers being attacked by ISIS sympathizers in the name of Islam, it pretty much gets ignored and the mayor makes outlandish statements that this attack has no relation to Islam.

Since this is the generic Islamic terror thread thought this was the most appropriate to post.

Agreed...just thought it was interesting we have uniformed police officers being attacked by ISIS sympathizers in the name of Islam, it pretty much gets ignored and the mayor makes outlandish statements that this attack has no relation to Islam.

Since this is the generic Islamic terror thread thought this was the most appropriate to post.

As this thread's author..............I approve..... :thumbsup:

I find it impossible to take seriously the statements of the mayor of a city that once carpet-bombed itself.

I find it impossible to take seriously the statements of the mayor of a city that once carpet-bombed itself.

This is also the city that thought putting 10k unarmed, volunteer civilians on the street was a good way to fight crime. It only took a few deaths to end the policy, and they never even approached 10k volunteers. I thought they would hold out for at least 20 deaths, but, clearly one of the myriad of professional leftists who live in Center City got to the mayor's office in time to make it stop.

It's fascinating really. In Philly you have the makings of a formidable city...but their constant act of playing the little brother of NYC makes them fail much more often than they should. That's the real problem: Philly policy emanates from NYC, not City Hall.

As I said above: the only time it didn't was when Rendell was mayor. Rendell would have called the attack on the police officer what it was.

This guy is either insane or a hero: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/01/13/american-folk-singer-hopes-peace-concert-for-isis-will-win-over-terror-group.html?intcmp=hplnws

James Twyman, of Portland, Ore., told FoxNews.com he feels a "calling" and believes he can soften the hearts of the Islamist army known for beheading Westerners, throwing gays off of buildings and summarily executing innocent women and children.

“It’s going to be pretty powerful,” Twyman said, referring to his plan to have those attending and others around the world sing and pray for peace at the same time. “When people come
together and focus on something in a positive way…there’s scientific evidence that it can change things for the better.”

This guy is either insane or a hero: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/01/13/american-folk-singer-hopes-peace-concert-for-isis-will-win-over-terror-group.html?intcmp=hplnws

James Twyman, of Portland, Ore., told FoxNews.com he feels a "calling" and believes he can soften the hearts of the Islamist army known for beheading Westerners, throwing gays off of buildings and summarily executing innocent women and children.

“It’s going to be pretty powerful,” Twyman said, referring to his plan to have those attending and others around the world sing and pray for peace at the same time. “When people come

together and focus on something in a positive way…there’s scientific evidence that it can change things for the better.”

He's from Oregon, and he can't sing Y'all Qaeda out of an empty building, But he'll get ISIS out of Palmyra?

I think I'll go with "insane."

They came in peace.

Burkina Faso attack: Dozens freed, at least 23 dead in hotel siege

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/16/africa/burkina-faso-hotel-terrorist-attack/index.html

Am I the only on who has never heard of Burkina Faso? I looked it up thinking maybe it was a more familiar named country that recently changed its name. Well it was know by another name, The Republic of Upper Volta. What the?!?! Sounds like the name of a country from a Three Stooges short.

But anyway more news brought to you by the Religion of Peace®

Edited by Chef Jim

Saudi funding of Islamic extremism should be a self-correcting problem, given that the extremists are almost universally against the Saudis to begin with. :wacko:

Except for the Saudi extremists of course, of which there are many.

In fact they are institutionalized, and therefore legitimized, as the state religion.

Shakespeare couldn't spell either.

For sure they don't like Shias, but the crazies give them more trouble than they are worth these days. 700 years ago it was a deal the House of Saud had to make.

The Saudis are the primary exporters of fundamental extremism in the Muslim world. The sooner the West accepts that the better off everyone will be.

The Saudis are the primary exporters of fundamental extremism in the Muslim world. The sooner the West accepts that the better off everyone will be.

Sure, and the mini mo Quataris. But the bearded bosses try and keep it under control IMO. They like money as much as they hate the Shia. And they periodically crown the crazies with ashtrays whenever they jump up and down too much - just as the Turks used to do back in the good old days of the Ottoman empire. Edited by starrymessenger