Bills sign OL - Alex Kupper

GG

Upon receiving this notification on his phone (he forgot to delete the app) Marrone was overheard muttering, "now this was the guy I've been trying to get Whaley to sign."

6-3 and under 300Lbs? No way.

It is weird that this signing happens with all the talk of Shanahan's zone scheme is possibly on its way to Buffalo. He obviously is built for that system and a completely different body type we have added since Whaley and Nix.

Shanahan's zone system or not, the body type we had been bringing in certainly wasn't very successful.

Shanahan's zone system or not, the body type we had been bringing in certainly wasn't very successful.

That is an understatement. It is totally idiotic; get a bunch of heavy guys and try to push everyone forward? Then when we run those screens, we get to all laugh at how terrible our 360-pound linemen move in space.

I just don't see how anyone can see a signing like this as an indication of who our head coach will be next year or what our blocking scheme will be. This guy is purely a depth signing and he's probably just a body for training camp. Hey, I hope he works out and is a player for us, but c'mon, folks, let's be realistic.

That is an understatement. It is totally idiotic; get a bunch of heavy guys and try to push everyone forward? Then when we run those screens, we get to all laugh at how terrible our 360-pound linemen move in space.

And this is an example, possibly, of Whaley attempting to cater to what Marrone wanted -- with disastrous results. Old school, conservative, arrogant Marrone wanted a line that will bulldoze people and create massive holes up the middle.

And this is an example, possibly, of Whaley attempting to cater to what Marrone wanted -- with disastrous results. Old school, conservative, arrogant Marrone wanted a line that will bulldoze people and create massive holes up the middle.

The Titanic made a massive hole as it sank to the bottom of the ocean, so I've been told. That hole lasted about as long as any Maroon's OLine made this year too.

I just don't see how anyone can see a signing like this as an indication of who our head coach will be next year or what our blocking scheme will be. This guy is purely a depth signing and he's probably just a body for training camp. Hey, I hope he works out and is a player for us, but c'mon, folks, let's be realistic.

It's the off season and everyone is having fun trying to guess OBD's next move :doh:

Well he did actually. Only problem was that the massive holes were on passing plays when the opposing teams defense was running stunts.