Ex Syracuse assistant coach rips Marrone.

Tipster19

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny, the second Marrone quit he rose to the top of the list of available head coaching candidates. With each day since there seems to be more dirt surfacing to the point where he may end up getting blackballed like Ted Nolan did. Maybe 20 years from now a new owner will buy the Bills and Marrone will get re-hired.

With apologies to Clint Eastwood for using his material, Doug "it's all about me suckers" Marrone is a legend in his own mind.

In his mind, if anyone can coach all 32 teams to a Lombardi Trophy it's him (will the HOF have enough room for the bust of his big head?)

What I find interesting is that, to my knowledge, no one has come out and defended him or said that he was a good guy. It seems that it has all been negative. I am beginning to believe that this was a blessing in disguise for us.

There's no disguise, it was a huge blessing.

FWIW this strikes me as 100% sour grapes. I lived in the Syracuse area and have some insight into this. Casullo has had previous stints as an assistant coach at Syracuse without her head coaches and is typically been let go. He was simply a barely competent wherever he has been. Marrone fire him because he was bad at his job. In my opinion Casullo has embarrassed himself with this report. He says nothing at all about Marrone. While at Syracuse there were no issues whatsoever regarding his alleged self-centeredness, etc. In my opinion this is basically all crap. Why do you think Casullo hasn't been able to get a coaching job since? All of his other assistant coaches sang his praises. For him it was just a matter of putting together the best coaching staff he could to win games.

This stuff has gotten way out of hand. Take it with a grain of salt would be my suggestion .

Fred Jackson:

"No, he's just gonna be another guy," Jackson said. "Obviously, we'll want to beat him when we play him. But it's not going to fuel or motivate us in any different capacity. He's just another guy now. He's not somebody that we're worried about what he's doing."

Cold blooded!

FWIW this strikes me as 100% sour grapes. I lived in the Syracuse area and have some insight into this. Casullo has had previous stints as an assistant coach at Syracuse without her head coaches and is typically been let go. He was simply a barely competent wherever he has been. Marrone fire him because he was bad at his job. In my opinion Casullo has embarrassed himself with this report. He says nothing at all about Marrone. While at Syracuse there were no issues whatsoever regarding his alleged self-centeredness, etc. In my opinion this is basically all crap. Why do you think Casullo hasn't been able to get a coaching job since? All of his other assistant coaches sang his praises. For him it was just a matter of putting together the best coaching staff he could to win games.

This stuff has gotten way out of hand. Take it with a grain of salt would be my suggestion .

While what you say may be true but it doesn't change my persception of Marrone. Everything that Casullo said is what I think of Marrone from his time as the Bills' HC. He strikes me as a thin skinned arrogant SOB. It burns my ass that this ahole gets 4M from the Bills just to walk away after what I perceive him under accomplishing this last season. In hindsight though if that's what it takes to get rid of him then I guess it's worth it then.There were a few games where we were lucky to win and a couple of them that we lost that very unfortunate (Houston & KC). When it was all said and done we were a .500 team. We have been hovering around that mark forever and a day. The only difference in this team from our past teams is this year we were a top defense! I give more credit to Schwartz than Marrone for that. Our offense at times were downright embarrassing, so what did Marrone accomplish here other than fleecing 4M??! If anything the guy brought some dissension to this franchise.

When did Doug's agent start an account here at 2BD?

Doug can go **** himself. I hope he ends up blowing all his money in lousy real estate deals and ends up homeless like George Constanza's gym teacher.

Tipster, at least as one poster noted, I have argued my support of Marrone and the coaching job he did elsewhere on the board. I'll just say this. The Bills were 9-7 which was the best record they had in 10 years. Marrone gets the lion's share of the credit for this. That's how it works for a head coach for better or for worse. He did not under accomplish by any means whatsoever. Go ahead, you get the last word.

Tipster, at least as one poster noted, I have argued my support of Marrone and the coaching job he did elsewhere on the board. I'll just say this. The Bills were 9-7 which was the best record they had in 10 years. Marrone gets the lion's share of the credit for this. That's how it works for a head coach for better or for worse. He did not under accomplish by any means whatsoever. Go ahead, you get the last word.

Whoa, I'm not trying to get the last word with you or disagree with what you're saying. All I'm doing is expressing that I don't like the guy and stating my opinion. I meant no disrespect to you for your input.

I think you are confusing the credit he will get in the media vs credit deserved for accomplishments (good or bad). 9-7 is good but this was a team that with average coaching should've been 8-9 wins based on their talent. They were also very healthy all things considered. Top notch coaching probably has them in the playoffs