Head Coach candidate: Greg Roman

YoloinOhio

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This seems like a weird strategy. Why not start with a list of 20, then narrow it down to X who will get interviews, and Y to get final interviews? You don't need to interview everyone, do you?

Normally, sure. But why the hell not at this point. Get to know lots of people. Get the right person. If we get beat on a hire, OK.

This seems like a weird strategy. Why not start with a list of 20, then narrow it down to X who will get interviews, and Y to get final interviews? You don't need to interview everyone, do you?

It isn't like they're flying off the shelves, so we have time to do our due diligence. Might as well.

Normally, sure. But why the hell not at this point. Get to know lots of people. Get the right person. If we get beat on a hire, OK.

It isn't like they're flying off the shelves, so we have time to do our due diligence. Might as well.

I guess so. My concern is that when you see 30 different people, it all probably seems to blend together. Hopefully, a few will really stand out, and we will not be late getting our guy.

Two years ago we left no stone unturned by spending a few days in Arizona conducting interviews with a few guys. This time around we're circling the country talking to everyone Whaley can think of. I guess I can't complain but I hope we make the right choice this time.

I think they are doing exactly what has been alluded to by some, picking the brains of some of the best minds in the game to assess what they see as issues with the team, what they would fix it etc. In the end they will have gathered a good collection of ideas from some very knowledgable coaches who are looking at it from a view outside the organization. Pretty smart if you ask me.

One thing i'm fairly positive of is that regardless of who they hire; they're bound to have interviewed someone who will be later identified as a better coach for another team than the one they ultimately chose.

It's pretty much an inevitability based on the sheer number of coaches they're interviewing.

I think they are doing exactly what has been alluded to by some, picking the brains of some of the best minds in the game to assess what they see as issues with the team, what they would fix it etc. In the end they will have gathered a good collection of ideas from some very knowledgable coaches who are looking at it from a view outside the organization. Pretty smart if you ask me.

Much cheaper than hiring a czar. Gotta make back that 4m somehow.

Umm.."Pegula is cheap!"?