Fred Jackson discusses Marrone vs. Hackett

5 Wide

Helps Hackett's case a bit, but still don't want him back. And I'd be interested to see if Marrone hires him for his new team.

If any one goes by his resume to this point (as the Bills should have) he should not get another HC ing job until he has more experience because what we hired him on is all he has as far as HC ing history . After seeing the way he left here i think he will be like Mularkey nothing more than a second thought when it comes to being a HC until this memory fades .

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The course of action someone with class would have taken:

"Gentlemen, I've gathered you here tonight in this locker room for the last time. As much as we all love our game, it is a business after all. New ownership has decided my demands couldn't be met, so given all the present openings around the league for a HC, I believe it's in my best interests to put myself out there while there's some positive energy flowing around and about what we managed to accomplish here this season with great defensive play and special teams play. I've scheduled a presser afterwards to coincide with meeting with you guys, and will therefore make it official to the world in a few, but felt you guys deserve to hear this first, up close and in person akin to the way classy human beings treat and respect one another. Thanks for a remarkable run this year. All the best to you guys."

Instead, here's a forwarded text for all that you guys have given over the last 17 weeks...

Edited by Lombardi1

The course of action someone with class would have taken:

"Gentlemen, I've gathered you here tonight in this locker room for the last time. As much as we all love our game, it is a business after all. New ownership has decided my demands couldn't be met, so given all the present openings around the league for a HC, I believe it's in my best interests to put myself out there while there's some positive energy flowing around and about what we managed to accomplish here this season with great defensive play and special teams play. I've scheduled a presser afterwards to coincide with meeting with you guys, and will therefore make it official to the world in a few, but felt you guys deserve to hear this first, up close and in person akin to the way classy human beings treat and respect one another. Thanks for a remarkable run this year. All the best to you guys."

Instead, here's a forwarded text for all that you guys have given over the last 17 weeks...

He may not have had the opportunity, though. Hell, not all the players were even in town.

He may not have had the opportunity, though. Hell, not all the players were even in town.

A text beforehand or an impromptu web or phone conference would have sufficed had I been a player. Hearing second hand is insulting. Edited by Corp000085

This almost reminds me of Bobby Pintero with the Falcons minus having a job in college already secured

CBF

YES!!! He just entered the Petrino, Saban club!

Marrone has an abrasive Brooklyn personality and his exit looked very consistent with that.

Yeah, except he's from the Bronx

A good point, DC Tom, but with a major announcement like that, and given the means and resources of highly paid players, he could have rallied the men one last time for an impromptu meeting face to face to exhibit some class, while bringing them all up to speed with a measure of respect. Didn't their 17 week commitment mean more than a mere forwarded text?

At this point, he and the Jets may be looking nervously over their shoulders to see if tampering charges are in the works. What's that old adage about the grass on the other side...

A text beforehand or an impromptu web or phone conference would have sufficed had I been a player. Hearing second hand is insulting.

Well said

You know, at the end of the day if you're in a subordinate position but the organization's goals are not being met, you have to call the question.

You have to go to your boss, shut the door, and lay out the facts.

And if the situation doesn't change, GTFO because staying there is career suicide.

I can't absolve Hackett, sorry. He's the ijit that wanted to go up-tempo with a rookie QB who needed more time to process what he saw and feel comfortable in his play call, not less. He's the ijit that thought he could be an NFL OC for the first time with a rookie QB and no QB coach.

Wasn't it written somewhere the reason the Super Bowl Bills went to the no huddle was because Jim Kelly had problems deciphering certain defenses?

The article states he is still under contract with the Bills? NOOOOOO!!

All our coaches are retained atm, which is a good thing. Get the new HC in here and let him decide who stays and goes. Hopefully we can keep the defensive side all together.

Wasn't it written somewhere the reason the Super Bowl Bills went to the no huddle was because Jim Kelly had problems deciphering certain defenses?

Absolutely not. They went to the hurry up after using it in one game vs the Oilers I believe and it worked so well they started using it but not full time until close to playoffs. It's funny they started using it though bc Levy hated it and even complained about Bengals using it

Kelly always said going to USFL and playing in run and shoot taught him how to read defenses.

Edited by Max997

The word is he didn't even do that. Bills players said they did not receive a text directly from him. He texted a guy in the personnel dept. and told that guy to fwd to team.

Haha - i actually believe that 100%. Who here thinks that Marrone would dedicated a solid 15 minutes to add all the contacts to a mass text? No way, Vince Lombardi sh*t for brains is too busy for that.

Nate may be getting the shorter end of the stick, but as a team, he and Marrone designed the Syracuse offense that started clicking in their 4th year.. and as a team, he and Marrone failed to find a way to get the Bills offense moving without a top flight QB.. not with great field position.. not with diverse talent at RB.. not with a capable TE.. not with an O line that the HC personally mentored.. and not with some very good WRs..

i've been preaching accountability with these two since last season.. the buck stops with both Yogi and Boo Boo.

he could have at least called the captains, IMO. Fred, Kyle, Mario, Graham, wood and Spikes.

Oh well - he can use his 4 mill to buy himself some character.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Now that is just wrong. I can understand mass texting everyone something like "Hey, guys. I just resigned. Sorry for the text, but I wanted you to find out from me before it hit the media. Call me with any questions."

But having someone else do it on your behalf is just cowardly.

Maybe he didn't have all their phone numbers.

No revisionist musings here. Time to move on and that has to include Hackett. If he is an offensive genius, it must be with Madden because it sure as hell isn't with real players.

This :thumbsup:

He could have been far more innovative in the run game besides 71% up the middle runs, or run run pass with the same plays over and over. Hackett was born hamstrung by his own arrogance, and self importance.