Qualifications For the next Head Coach

1. Shows the ability to develop a young Quarterback. I believe the best thing to do is to stick with EJ Manuel and pick up Jake Locker. Have an open competition in camp, best man wins.

2. Creative offensive mind, an innovator not a follower, copy cat coach.

3. Develops a passing game to take advantage of Watkins, Woods and Hogan. Ten to fifteen yard passes, not two yard passes and hope they break a tackle.

4. Someone who will keep Schwartz as DC. Players love him, and results speak for themselves.

5. Players coach who respects the players. Marrone did not.

6.A coach willing to take chances, like going for it on 4th and one.When you have a stud defense, take a chance.

1. Shows the ability to develop a young Quarterback. I believe the best thing to do is to stick with EJ Manuel and pick up Jake Locker. Have an open competition in camp, best man wins.

3. Develops a passing game to take advantage of Watkins, Woods and Hogan. Ten to fifteen yard passes, not two yard passes and hope they break a tackle.

4. Someone who will keep Schwartz as DC. Players love him, and results speak for themselves.

6.A coach willing to take chances, like going for it on 4th and one.When you have a stud defense, take a chance.

I really like where you are at with this. It sounds like we are hoping for a similar guy.

I like where your head's at. I'd love for whoever they bring in to check off these boxes.

The first three don't have to be the HC, if we get an OC with those that'd be awesome. The HC needs to manage the team and coaches. Be aware of all of the rules, health and conditioning of the players. Make sure the players and schemes fit. Make sure the coaching staff is working together. Make sure the game plans are appropriate. Coordinate the practices and training camps. In game, manage the flow, clock, momentum, and morale of the players.

1. Give me a coach that is a great communicator. No more duds who can't be bothered informing media about player injuries because THEY messed up in the past and are insecure.

2. Develop an offense around the players that you have. Scheme doesn't matter as much as flexibility.

3. Work with your GM. Folks are bagging on Whaley, but I'm more than willing to defer to a guy that has seen how a winning franchise operates in the front office and on the field.

1. Give me a coach that is a great communicator. No more duds who can't be bothered informing media about player injuries because THEY messed up in the past and are insecure.

2. Develop an offense around the players that you have. Scheme doesn't matter as much as flexibility.

3. Work with your GM. Folks are bagging on Whaley, but I'm more than willing to defer to a guy that has seen how a winning franchise operates in the front office and on the field.

Yep all crucial.

Agree totally!

Must not listen to WGR on his way to work.

Funny, but, agree!

I thought it was sad when Marrone was against going for it on 4 th down...then the media ripped him and the next week he went for it on 4 th down!

What a joke!!

The first three don't have to be the HC, if we get an OC with those that'd be awesome. The HC needs to manage the team and coaches. Be aware of all of the rules, health and conditioning of the players. Make sure the players and schemes fit. Make sure the coaching staff is working together. Make sure the game plans are appropriate. Coordinate the practices and training camps. In game, manage the flow, clock, momentum, and morale of the players.

I slightly disagree. If we get a defensive HC we probably lose Schwartz.

Has a cousin who's best friend knows a guy who's brother who's uncle knew a guy that once had lunch once with Chip Kelly.

Ideal---the Gruden path. Great QB coach. Became an OC. Good football mind---not just x's and o's, but understands on gameday, his opponent, can take advantage of and expose weaknesses, utilize the strengths of his team, and gets everyone in the locker room from players to the assistants, the buck stops with him.

Darrell Bevell fits the background I want--that Gruden path.