Lacanfora: extension was in place for Marrone (update:8 figures)??

YoloinOhio

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are the rules

http://prostarcoaching.net/library/NFL_Contact_Rules.pdf

he has a source somewhere at OBD and it started with the ST Doug article

Good link, thanks. Man the NFL is so not in the real world :)

I suppose it would still depend upon the conditions of the "opt out", but assuming Marrone was still considered under contract the NFL would consider it "tampering".

Edited by CodeMonkey

Haha when is the last time tampering charges happened? It goes on all the time

Not with coaches. It does with FA players. Owners are very careful about this with coaches. Mark Davis in Oakland refused to even comment about Harbaugh because of the rules. Woody is so stupid and couldn't be more obvious about it.

Am I wrong in thinking that the offended team does not get the draft pick that was taken from the offending team, but it just goes up in smoke? I'm relating it back to the 1st rounder the Pats lost for Spygate, no one team got that pick... But perhaps that's because ALLEGEDLY No ONE team was effected by Spygate, but instead several/many?

This sounds completely agent induced to save face and get Marrone the Jet job. LaContorta is a stooge.

This times 1,000,000. I'm really getting sick of all the crap this guy puts out -- he will report absolutely anything one of his sources tells him, without fact checking a damn thing.

This is 100% from his agent trying to defuse the noise from Buffalo that Marrone was not wanted and is average.Why bring it up now (a day after New York daily news report on Marrone).His agent wants the fans & media to think we were begging for him to stay, almost as phony as the statement Russ Brandon made the day Marrone was hired "Marrone is a innovative and cutting edge coach" Yes we saw that every Sunday.

Edited by Niagara Dude

The closest example I can think of is Bill Belichick quitting as HC of NYJ on his first day on the job, then immediately becoming the head coach of the Pats.

There was never any tampering charges against the Pats, and Belichick swears that he didn't already have the HC job lined up for the Pats, he just "wasn't comfortable with the situation in New York" (wink wink, nudge nudge).

"It's like the National Enquirer," Brandon joked " It's agent-on-agent crime, basically, listening to all the nonsense that's out there." .... "It's hard in our business not to get caught up in the noise, but it's just that. It's noise,"

http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2014/12/russ_brandon_bills_on_2014_season_team_president.html

The was no tampering because there was never any extension offered, all fabricated by his tramp of a agent.Think about it for one minute, if you ask for an extension and get everything you want and you know your man Bill Polian who supported you in the media is coming in why would you leave? You leave because Pegula heard all the noise the building about you being a jerk and saw for himself all your poor gameday decisions said no thank-you on your request for extension.

I could care less if Marrone gets the Jets HCing job or not, and I only hope he hires Nate Hackett.

Whats more disconcerting to me is that Pegula agreed to an extension with Marrone. Meaning that St Doug and his staff would have been back for 2015. :sick:

We have heard conflicting reports, so don't know which is true. Graham said he asked for one and was denied. JC said he had one in place, The timing of this leak to JC makes me think it is from his agent. But hoping the real story is shared soon.

The was no tampering because there was never any extension offered, all fabricated by his tramp of a agent.

There can still be tampering without an extension offered. I don't think there was an extension offered, except by Marrone himself, which was turned down. That's what was reported and that seems the most reasonable. But he still under contract with the Bills until he chose the opt out. I personally don't care about the tampering because I think it happens all the time. The only reason why I would like to see it investigated is to put more stench on Marrone than there already is to show the kind of guy he is, not that we need any more.

I can believe Pegula wanted to ensure an extension to maintain continuity. I can also see how back channels conversations went on to get Marrone locked up informally, but put on this facade with an open interviewing competition.

Bottom line. Marrone wasn't afraid of Polian. They like each other. This is all about money. With the ability to double dip, Marrone can make$8-9 mil this year, and an additional $5 mil possibly the next two years. I can't wait to see how pissed he gets on a weekly basis to NY reporters. This is going to be comedy.

The bright side is we lose Hacket, we may upgrade at the HC and OC positions. Hopefully, Pegula does not interfere with continuity with Whaley. We have to wait and be patient this could end up a nice positive for all as i don't see Schwartz getting a HC job anywhere else but here, meaning our defense will stay in tact no matter what.