Lacanfora: extension was in place for Marrone (update:8 figures)??

YoloinOhio

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The closest example I can think of is Bill Belichick quitting as HC of NYJ on his first day on the job, then immediately becoming the head coach of the Pats.

There was never any tampering charges against the Pats, and Belichick swears that he didn't already have the HC job lined up for the Pats, he just "wasn't comfortable with the situation in New York" (wink wink, nudge nudge).

Wrong. No matter what Belichick claims, the NFL upheld the Jet's assertion that he was still under contract to the Jets when he had plainly negotiated with the Pats:

"Parcells and the Jets claimed that Belichick was still under contract to the Jets, and demanded compensation from the Patriots. NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue agreed, and the Patriots gave the Jets a first-round draft pick in 2000 in exchange for the right to hire Belichick.[13]

truth is a evasive thing, and there are three sides to truth, yours, mine, and of course the truth, will the truth come out, I doubt it, will the other two sides volley it back and forth, you betcha, till each side moves on, when you ask, who knows, till than volley on

it would be better if the nfl gave that pick to us, but, thats not gonna happen...

It would still be ironic if Marrone pitched a fit for giving up the 1st and the trade led to the downward spiral/power struggle... then he executed the move to the Jets and... bam... doesn't have a 1st rd pick

It would still be ironic if Marrone pitched a fit for giving up the 1st and the trade led to the downward spiral/power struggle... then he executed the move to the Jets and... bam... doesn't have a 1st rd pick

... which went to the team whose decision he disagreed with in the first place. Karma in the making ?