Head Coach candidate: Rex Ryan

YoloinOhio

Wrong side of the Ball. We need an offensive guy!

Eliminating half the field is stupid IMO. We need a head coach. You shouldn't care which side of the ball he's from. The best franchises hire the best coaches. The loser franchises do the offense HC/defense HC "see saw" thing every two or three years. The Steelers passed over their OC Whisenhunt for Tomlin because he was the best head coaching candidate.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Schwartz and Rex together wouldnt work. I cant see two defensive chiefs like these guys are cohabitating. No way.

Schwartz would have to go. And what would the point of that be? Rex Ryan in buffalo doesnt make much sense. Unless u guys want to let schwartz walk too..

the fact that a defensive peer of Schwartz is being considered as HC really, really concerns me.

hopefully this is just Brandon throwing red herrings to the media to make it appear they're considering more possibilities than they actually are - all, so Schwartz's agent doesn't fleece them.

it's very simple.. all we have to do is:

• keep our D intact and moving forward by naming Schwartz HC
  • hire a new OC to design an O that can leverage a strong armed QB, and the speed we already have at our skill positions

Rex HC and Sanchez QB works for me

<p>

the fact that a defensive peer of Schwartz is being considered as HC really, really concerns me.

hopefully this is just Brandon throwing red herrings to the media to make it appear they're considering more possibilities than they actually are - all, so Schwartz's agent doesn't fleece them.

it's very simple.. all we have to do is:

• keep our D intact and moving forward by naming Schwartz HC
  • hire a new OC to design an O that can leverage a strong armed QB, and the speed we already have at our skill positions
How much though was the defense success about the players versus the coach? I liked Schwartz most of the year, but when Dareus went down in the raiders game and we couldn't adjust I started questioning Schwartz value.

Methinks our talent on D would do just fine with Rex at the helm and a DC he hires, assuming Schwartz doesn't stay on

I like Rex. I also like Schwartz.

I think that Rex is a good HC and a great defensive mind. I also like the fact that he already does not like the Pats and there is now no love lost with the Jets.

Why does anyone have love for Rex Ryan? Maybe you think he's a good guy, a players coach? I look at his record and say please don't bring him here.

I expect there will be excuses - but aren't we getting tired of those in these parts?

2009 9-7

2010 11-5

2011 8-8

2012 6-10

2013 8-8

2014 4-12

In the last 4 years, it all looks too familiar.

Eliminating half the field is stupid IMO. We need a head coach. You shouldn't care which side of the ball he's from. The best franchises hire the best coaches. The loser franchises do the offense HC/defense HC "see saw" thing every two or three years. The Steelers passed over their OC Whisenhunt for Tomlin because he was the best head coaching candidate.

Agreed.

Rex HC and Sanchez QB works for me

I liked Schwartz most of the year, but when Dareus went down in the raiders game and we couldn't adjust I started questioning Schwartz value.

Yup, one of our our best run defenders (and all around Defensive players this year) goes out and we can't stop the run. Must be the coach...