Head Coach candidate: Rex Ryan

YoloinOhio

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just a gut feeling I have. I think he is what they are looking for in a HC

CBF

I would love to believe this. On the other hand, if he does not get a HC job, I would not be surprised if SD brings in another OC.

Of all the guys that the Bills are interviewing, is there anyone who would fit right in as a "Buffalo" guy more than Rex?

Trivia: As I recall, Rex lived in Buffalo when he was a kid when Buddy was an assistant coach with UB.

P.S. I know some of you guys will say Reich because he played with the Bills. Nevertheless, if you were to hang out with the two of them over beers for an hour and were asked which one was a Buffalo guy, I am sure most of you guys would guess Rex.

I've always thought this as well. Rex looks like the guy at the end of the bar in Tonawanda at 3 pm on a Tuesday, muttering to himself (sitting two stools away from the Andy Reid-looking character). He'd be such a legend in this town. It's a great fit. Again, it all comes down to his OC.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

Seems like Rex is on track for Atlanta as they are calling him back for a second interview. It will be funny if the Ryan's are a package deal like the Shanahans may be a package deal.

I like Ryan but he should go to Atlanta. He won't have to worry about the offense and he will make that defense good. They could be a SB contender with Ryan. It would be a great fit.

I'd take him. He's had some playoff success and knows how to beat the Pats. Tough guy who players seem to love and respect. He suffered from a terrible QB situation in NY, but get him a good one and the sky is the limit. Strong personality is fine by me. Top D, solid O-line and power running game would be a given. Gotta have those things to win in Buffalo in December.

This is the guy I would hire, he is the only coach with great success against Brady.Everyone talks about if we lose Schwartz, just look at the first game against Brady, our defense could not get one stop in the second half of that game.I still remember how Bill talking about Schwartz's defense a few days before the game and that he only will rush 4 and do not take chances (yea Brady had all day to throw the ball in the first game we played them).Ryan is not afraid about going up against Bill & Tom and we would waste another 2-3 hiring one of these no experience coordinators.How much success has that brought to the Bills over the past 15 years?

Rex scheduled for Thursday in Buffalo.

The Bills have a D. They need an offensive minded HC

Top eight offenses in the NFL this year? The majority of those teams have head coaches who are former defensive coordinators.

What is his HC lifetime against the Pats?

Rex Ryan is 4-9 against the Pats

He beat them in playoff game in NE a few years ago and should have won the first game in NE this year(no other team in this division has given them more problems and I will take that over what we have done against them).How many wins do the Bills have against Brady?

I would love to believe this. On the other hand, if he does not get a HC job, I would not be surprised if SD brings in another OC.

I don't see how we could hire Reich as HC without losing Schwartz. He will be (rightfully so, imo) very miffed to not get a shot to be the HC w Reich as OC if anything.

I don't see how we could hire Reich as HC without losing Schwartz. He will be (rightfully so, imo) very miffed to not get a shot to be the HC w Reich as OC if anything.

I think that you are correct. Unless we hire Schwartz or a HC with some stature, I presume that Schwartz will be "super" miffed.

I think that you are correct. Unless we hire Schwartz or a HC with some stature, I presume that Schwartz will be "super" miffed.

He can be miffed, but he'll still coach his tail off because he is under contract and will want a HC shot in 2016.

He can be miffed, but he'll still coach his tail off because he is under contract and will want a HC shot in 2016.

True. Honestly, I'd want Schwartz as HC and someone like Reich as OC and Rex as DC if he doesn't land a HC job. He might love the opportunity to coach against the Jets and also Belichek.