mike lupica piece - Marrone is Richie Kotite redux

There are thirty two head coaching jobs in the NFL. Marrone had one, maybe the Jets hire him and maybe they don't. If they don't I find it very unlikely he gets another shot.

Pretty sure he could have the Raiders job if he really wanted, but I agree with your post. There is a decent chance that phony Marroney made a really bad decision.

makes me dislike Lupica even more

I hate him too. I remember him saying it would be impossible for the Bills to beat the Raiders in the AFC championship game. :oops:

If this article in even a small way prevents Marrone from landing with the Jets I will be so mad.

Yeah, this may end up falling through. I could see that happening.

Well, they are talking to other people but it seems to be a rush job. Flying to Seattle to interview 3 guys? Seriously?

There are thirty two head coaching jobs in the NFL. Marrone had one, maybe the Jets hire him and maybe they don't. If they don't I find it very unlikely he gets another shot.

I don't think his agent would have let him quit B'lo ($4M or no $4M) unless he thought it was a pretty sure bet his client could double-dip this year

This may not end well for him, and unless there's a piece of the story missing, he may deserve it.

Good grief if he can't handle Jerry Sullivan and the Buffalo press poking him for conservative fourth-down punts...

As I see it, he also has a one in four shot unless the job was already guaranteed to him prior.

Yeah and I really can not believe Ron Wolf, of all people, would look at Marrone's Resume and say:"Slam Dunk we can stop looking now".

I hope Marrone lands flat square on his ass with no job at all. Take your 4 million and go home because you will never be a HC again in this league Dougie.

Almost all of the potential outcomes are hysterical....

No job: See Thurman's twitter

Jets: See Thurman's twitter and triple it.

Bears: Cutler and Marrone.....OMG

SF: Can't wait for Stevie's first take on that

Raiders: Less funny but still

Atlanta would be pretty boring

Edited by 4merper4mer

Meanwhile "Hondo" in the Post had this to add : The Jets reportedly are enthused at the possibility of hiring ex-Bills coach Doug Marrone, who had a 15-17 record with no playoff appearances in two years in Buffalo — seems like a perfect fit for Gang Green. By the way, Rex Ryan is scheduled to meet next week with the 49ers, or as he likes to call them, the Feety-niners.

Good luck Dougie these guys in Buffalo were pussycats