Front office power struggle in Philly - (update: Chip given personnel

YoloinOhio

@ProFootballTalk: Plugged-in league source senses there could be "something big" going on in Philly in the aftermath of Tom Gamble's departure.

I can't wait for the Eagles organization to be slammed as 3rd rate by the national press if Kelly bolts. I'll be holding my breath for it.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On the surface, I would love it. Chip Kelly as HC with Schwartz on defense would get this team in the playoffs this year. I have no doubt about that.

Kelly, however, is a dick and ego maniac to rival Marrone. I'm not sure what his demands would be. If it's to bring in Gamble and that means get rid of Whaley who I like a lot, I may not be on board.

But getting Kelly, the next couple years may be really fun. We would be instantly back to relevance. It may be worth a 2-3 year trial.

IF Whaley were to hire Kelly, I would be doing cartwheels, because that would mean they somehow came to an agreement about power. It may not last but that would be awesome.

im sensing a theme from the recent hot college guys-- they sure do like autonomy. but i suppose when that is what you are used to....

they are used to being able to control the personnel side because they recruited who they wanted and ran the show. Carroll has been successful because he has a dual FO executive/HC role IMO.

Chip Kelly + Jim Schwartz

:)

Edited by YoloinOhio

He's going to come here immediately after our HC left prematurely for reasons that reek of a power struggle with mgmt?

I have the under and taking all bettors.

Maybe they make changes for him that they didn't want to make for Marrone. Oh, and $$$$

And we play the NFC east next year!!!!

@DarrenDegaetano: I have been told #Eagles head coach Chip Kelly has expressed interest in getting out of his contract.

what does getting out of his contract mean, exactly?

i don't think kelly would end up coming to buffalo. but, it would be interesting. would schwartz be happy under kelly? would kelly take an OC role? would kelly be able to get reich as oc to join him and raise him?

Owner Pegs

GM Whaley

HC Kelly

OC Reich

DC Schwartz

I wonder how much it would cost. Probably a bounty of picks.

Well, not if he is fired. It sounds like a Harbaugh situation. He has time left on his deal, but he doesn't want to be there and they don't particularly want him there. The Eagles would not be in a very good negotiating position with a team that wanted to hire Kelly. If they come to a mutual agreement to let him walk, they get out from under the remaining years of the contract. If they fire him, they don't.

So we should forget about his his performance during first two seasons as a Bill? :lol:

You can have an open mind that he might fit into a different scheme better than Hackett/marrone. The mere fact Kelly was after him means he thinks he does fit and would be successful. Marrone did not believe in him and refused to change. Edited by YoloinOhio