Front office power struggle in Philly - (update: Chip given personnel

YoloinOhio

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"On Monday, Kelly called Gamble "an outstanding football man'' and said he did a "great job." During that same press conference, Kelly said Roseman was good at handling the salary cap.

According to people inside the organization those quotes "infuriated'' Roseman. The general manager — who has never been a scout, played the game or coached — has worked to overcome the image of being solely a salary-cap guy."

How the F does these limp d!ck weenies like this twatt and Russ Brandon get into these roles??? Seriously!?!?! This Gamble guy apparently built the totally stacked roster out in San Fran and Chip Kelly is a football Genius. But this guy thinks he is smarter? good luck with that.

Lets hire this Gamble dude and Chip Kelly right away. If I was Chip I wouldn't want to be stuck with a roster built by this idiot.

Kelly to Buffalo?

With this defense playing opposite?

And Pegula's stax to fill in the blanks?

It would be the biggest move for the franchise since the last great Kelly signed on.

Absolutely, This would be huge. But most likely will not happen. Pegula could handle the salary demands. kelly most likely wants veto power on player acquisitions. Whaley is apparently tasked with finding a new HC. Just one reason why unless printed in blood, I don't see Kelly as a fit. Unless Pegula is familar with his style and since Whaley is not his hire, maybe he could accept Kelly's demands. And let Whaley go.

Chances are slim but Chip Kelly in Buffalo would have some pieces he desires in running back and maybe even in EJ. certainly in receivers. if it was my money I would throw him 8 mil a year and the keys. really Kelly as HC is way more than I would ever expect to coach the Bills. But crazy stuff happens. Two days ago Maroon was still coach

Edited by Best Player Available

It would be tremendous. Instant contender and instant relevance.

Instant is definitely the word.

And good business.

Dollar wise this guy is probably the most valuable coach in the NFL.

He can get $20M production from cheap and multiple QB's and that's just the start. He makes everyone else on your offense that much more effective.

You would need defensive depth, but that is clearly the side of the ball that Whaley is best at evaluating.

Instant is definitely the word.

And good business.

Dollar wise this guy is probably the most valuable coach in the NFL.

He can get $20M production from cheap and multiple QB's and that's just the start. He makes everyone else on your offense that much more effective.

You would need defensive depth, but that is clearly the side of the ball that Whaley is best at evaluating.

It's really a great fit. Schwartz wouldn't be pissed. Pegula can make him the highest paid coach in the league. Suddenly Sammy and Woods and Goodwin and Hogan and CJ even are valuable. I wouldn't even doubt if he can make EJ into a decent player.

It's really a great fit. Schwartz wouldn't be pissed. Pegula can make him the highest paid coach in the league. Suddenly Sammy and Woods and Goodwin and Hogan and CJ even are valuable. I wouldn't even doubt if he can make EJ into a decent player.

Straight up would become AFC contenders, if not dark horse Super Bowl contenders in 2015, regardless of how the draft and UFA shake out. It'd be too perfect.

considring that Whaley is in charge if hiring the coach and his legacy rests on EJ and Sammy I'm guessing this intrigues him. He's one coach I think EJ would thrive with.

considring that Whaley is in charge if hiring the coach and his legacy rests on EJ and Sammy I'm guessing this intrigues him. He's one coach I think EJ would thrive with.

The problem is what Chip Kelly would want as far as control, as well as a job for his buddy Gamble. If Kelly leaves Philly, it's only because Howie Rosenbergowitzenheimerstein fired Gamble. So Kelly would probably want some control as well as Gamble to come along. If that meant Whaley goes, I almost would agree with that, and I love Whaley as a GM. IF Whaley could convince Kelly and Gamble to split the duties, and it's something Whaley could deal with, I would be ecstatic. That may be unlikely though.

The problem is what Chip Kelly would want as far as control, as well as a job for his buddy Gamble. If Kelly leaves Philly, it's only because Howie Rosenbergowitzenheimerstein fired Gamble. So Kelly would probably want some control as well as Gamble to come along. If that meant Whaley goes, I almost would agree with that, and I love Whaley as a GM. IF Whaley could convince Kelly and Gamble to split the duties, and it's something Whaley could deal with, I would be ecstatic. That may be unlikely though.

I'd be fine with dumping Whaley if it meant Chip Kelly was coming. It would be a risky move, but no guts no glory.