Front office power struggle in Philly - (update: Chip given personnel

YoloinOhio

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd take Chip Kelly in a nano second.

And if Marriota is there at #3, I would have us trade any of our DL, this year's 2nd, and next year's 1st round pick to Jax to draft Marriota and have Chip Kelly run Oregon's offense.

And then I would wake up from my dream with wet underwear.

what does getting out of his contract mean, exactly?

i don't think kelly would end up coming to buffalo. but, it would be interesting. would schwartz be happy under kelly? would kelly take an OC role? would kelly be able to get reich as oc to join him and raise him?

Owner Pegs

GM Whaley

HC Kelly

OC Reich

DC Schwartz

Why would Kelly take an OC position when he can get just about any HC job he wants? Why would Reich leave SD for the same position with Bills and be overshadowed by Kelly who would obviously run his own offense and call his own plays?

Why would Kelly take an OC position when he can get just about any HC job he wants? Why would Reich leave SD for the same position with Bills and be overshadowed by Kelly who would obviously run his own offense and call his own plays?

This.

If you want Chip Kelly, you'll have to give him the car keys. I say do it at all costs.

There is zero chance that Reich comes here as an OC under Kelly, or under any HC for that matter. Reich does not have a system to run, or at least there has never been any indication whatsoever that he does to my knowledge. He's running McCoy's offense in SD. He's basically Curtis Modkins with playcalling, although he's highly respected as a teacher and motivator, which are completely different skills.

stranger things have happened. doubt kelly would go back to oc...

but reich working under kelly isn't out of this world crazy. reich is a bit unpolished and isn't exactly all that and a box of cupcakes. reich is a good coordinator but lacks long term experience. i could see him needing a few years to work his way up.

if i am whaley + buffalo, i tell reich we'd like you to come back to us, we'd like to look at grooming you to our future and if things work out and you find a chance to hc somewhere we'll encourage it but we want to work you with kelly we want to just go with someone used to hc'ing. we're not asking you to swallow your pride, we're hoping you'll come to buffalo and realize that in 4 or 5 years this will be a team we want you to lead.

There is zero chance that Reich comes here as an OC under Kelly, or under any HC for that matter. Reich does not have a system to run, or at least there has never been any indication whatsoever that he does to my knowledge. He's running McCoy's offense in SD. He's basically Curtis Modkins with playcalling, although he's highly respected as a teacher and motivator, which are completely different skills.

my expectation for reich under another hc with a system is that reich will get more experience with systems and hopefully earn the leash to develop a system of his own. mixing in chip kelly's fast paced balls to the wall possession offense with the san diego dink, dunk and chip off a chunk offense with conservative play calling could be very successful.

stranger things have happened. doubt kelly would go back to oc...

but reich working under kelly isn't out of this world crazy. reich is a bit unpolished and isn't exactly all that and a box of cupcakes. reich is a good coordinator but lacks long term experience. i could see him needing a few years to work his way up.

if i am whaley + buffalo, i tell reich we'd like you to come back to us, we'd like to look at grooming you to our future and if things work out and you find a chance to hc somewhere we'll encourage it but we want to work you with kelly we want to just go with someone used to hc'ing. we're not asking you to swallow your pride, we're hoping you'll come to buffalo and realize that in 4 or 5 years this will be a team we want you to lead.

Kelly runs the entire offense. There is no need for any OC with him, and anyone named is in title only. Reich doesn't have an offense. He's never run an offense that is his. He is going to be a manager as HC if he gets a job, he's not even going to use his offense, because he doesn't have one, unless he's been hiding it in folders somewhere.

Kelly runs the entire offense. There is no need for any OC with him, and anyone named is in title only. Reich doesn't have an offense. He's never run an offense that is his. He is going to be a manager as HC if he gets a job, he's not even going to use his offense, because he doesn't have one, unless he's been hiding it in folders somewhere.

i understand this. see my previous post. i think the genius of kelly + reich would be able to be successful. kelly calling the offense and reich managing it. reich tying loose ends, crossing t's doting i's and more importantly as a sort of quality control manager to gain experience.

kelly could benefit this by being able to focus his attention elsewhere with the team, focus on the supreme MO instead of meddling in lower responsibilities. a respected manager could bear some of the burden that kelly doesn't need to carry.

i understand this. see my previous post. i think the genius of kelly + reich would be able to be successful. kelly calling the offense and reich managing it. reich tying loose ends, crossing t's doting i's and more importantly as a sort of quality control manager to gain experience.

kelly could benefit this by being able to focus his attention elsewhere with the team, focus on the supreme MO instead of meddling in lower responsibilities. a respected manager could bear some of the burden that kelly doesn't need to carry.

Then you lose everything that separates Kelly. You want him to only concentrate on his offense and call all plays and keep him the hell away from the rest of the team. That idea spells disaster to me. I wouldn't even want him under those circumstances. Also, Reich has no experience in Kelly's kind of offense. It's a completely different animal.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

Wow…we're really getting out there now….

Chip Kelly is going to want the keys to the machine, but not OC as we're going to force fit Frank Reich under him….as if Chip Kelly just woke up this morning without a clue of who he would ask to be his next OC.

I know this is fun people…but we have matters to tend to here dammit!

Then you lose everything that separates Kelly. You want him to only concentrate on his offense and call all plays and keep him the hell away from the rest of the team. That idea spells disaster to me. I wouldn't even want him under those circumstances. Also, Reich has no experience in Kelly's kind of offense. It's a completely different animal.

I realize this is all left field out there kind of thing, but if Kelly can focus on the offense, focus on the total game and just carry out calling the plays while Reich manages the offensive roster - who's able to play, who's banged up, who's available, who's is winning matchups, who's who and giving that to Kelly to make the calls - I think it could work. It would give Reich an opportunity to learn offense, to maybe one day learn how to run an offense. It's all left field, but so is about anything else. I am seeing people say Gailey should come back as OC, this is not much crazier.

This report is worrisome. It probably means he ends up with the jets.

I am rooting against anything that would prevent Marrone from coaching the Jets next year. Although it would also be kinda funny if he ends up without any job.

This report is worrisome. It probably means he ends up with the jets.

god, i'd wet myself if that happened. laugh myself silly until i floor the house with piss. marrone bumped for chip kelly. marrone ends up in phili with hacket and that roster only to get sunk.

sweet!

I am rooting against anything that would prevent Marrone from coaching the Jets next year. Although it would also be kinda funny if he ends up without any job.

i would think he belongs in Chicago. I think he has the best opportunity there. he'd get another OC, he'd have talent on offense and a defense and team that needs discipline.

I realize this is all left field out there kind of thing, but if Kelly can focus on the offense, focus on the total game and just carry out calling the plays while Reich manages the offensive roster - who's able to play, who's banged up, who's available, who's is winning matchups, who's who and giving that to Kelly to make the calls - I think it could work. It would give Reich an opportunity to learn offense, to maybe one day learn how to run an offense. It's all left field, but so is about anything else. I am seeing people say Gailey should come back as OC, this is not much crazier.

Kelly is the only guy who knows the players that fit into his crazy system. That's why he takes guys like Foles and Sanchez and does wonders with them when other people can't. He's a wizard in his own little way, but you cannot under any circumstances find a guy that knows nothing of the system to try to find players to play in it, not that Kelly would ever even consider that. He may read this and find you and punch you in the mouth for even hypothesizing such blasphemy. ;)