Head Coach Candidate: Bill Cowher

bmur66

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PR canpain will be simple, Polian comes in advises hiring former Bills hero to be HC as the band plays "Glory Days" by the Boss

as Bills Alumni of former players stand and cheer, tear jerking moment, and all gullible Bills fans eat it up

http://www.foxsports...-in-2014-010314

http://www.zimbio.co...ures/pro?Page=3

To combat bill Cowher is in buffalo threads

The one article is almost a year old so things might have changed. Also, the Bills ownership and location situation is settled now, where it was a large unknown a year ago. I would love to see proven winners like Dungy or Cowher take on the challenge of the Buffalo Bills. This has been a disfunctional team for so long it may be a challenge they could not pass up.

Do not like Dungy at all

You can add Cowher as well to my, NOT a fan wishlist...I'll pass!

I'd much prefer someone ahead of the curve that will add ingenuity ala the first intro of the west coast offense, K-Gun etc...just think out of the box!

Oh! Someone who can identify & develop a QB...think someone like Holmgren, Reid, McCarthy etc. Go Bills!!!

You can add Cowher as well to my, NOT a fan wishlist...I'll pass!

I'd much prefer someone ahead of the curve that will add ingenuity ala the first intro of the west coast offense, K-Gun etc...just think out of the box!

Oh! Someone who can identify & develop a QB...think someone like Holmgren, Reid, McCarthy etc. Go Bills!!!

Some people thought that Hacket was that guy. I recall that, when he was hired, some here were worried that we might lose him after his first year.

It is so hard to tell whether any of these guys who have never been head coaches and are the new flavor of the month (whether college HC or coordinator) will ever be a good HC.

Some people thought that Hacket was that guy. I recall that, when he was hired, some here were worried that we might lose him after his first year.

It is so hard to tell whether any of these guys who have never been head coaches and are the new flavor of the month (whether college HC or coordinator) will ever be a good HC.

who thought Hackett was that guy? All I can remember was everybody hating him the second he was hired and that hatred growing once we saw him coach

Really? I can always have incorrect memories, but I recall that concern about Pettine - not about Hackett.

What I recall about Hackett was a lot of head-scratching that Marrone prated about bringing in someone with real NFL experience and then gave the nod to his Syracuse bud

PS count me as one who was NOT traumatized when Pettine left for the Browns gig and all smiley once Schwartz came in

Edited by Hopeful

Don't understand why everybody is infatuated with these old retread or old retired coaches. Isn't it still true that NO head coach has ever won a Super Bowl with 2 different teams? And only a small handful have ever even taken a second team to the Super Bowl? It scares the beejeezus out of me when there seems to be interest in the old retired guard. That hasn't worked well in the past with the likes of Shanahan, Gibbs, Parcells, Levy as GM etc. The game evolves and changes and the longer these guys are out of the loop, the more it affects them and their relearning curve is larger if and when they come back.

Edited by old school

I think they take their time on this one. We will see the obvious coaches get scooped up by 49rs (Ryan) Falcons, (Bowles) Chicago.(Quin) Honestly, the best candidate is already in the building. I'm hoping we make him the coach. Schwartz should be the coach. move Pepper Johnson to DC and if Polin does come here, tm hoping he can convince Reich to be our OC. Make the lateral move and give him an assistant HC title. That would work for me.

But if they decide to hire Reich as the HC. I'd be ok with that too. He is a smart guy. And Someone who the team would back right away.

I think they take their time on this one. We will see the obvious coaches get scooped up by 49rs (Ryan) Falcons, (Bowles) Chicago.(Quin) Honestly, the best candidate is already in the building. I'm hoping we make him the coach. Schwartz should be the coach. move Pepper Johnson to DC and if Polin does come here, tm hoping he can convince Reich to be our OC. Make the lateral move and give him an assistant HC title. That would work for me.

But if they decide to hire Reich as the HC. I'd be ok with that too. He is a smart guy. And Someone who the team would back right away.

I don't like Schwartz as head coach but if they did that I would hope he hires a top flight OC and promotes Pepper Johnson and is hands off, just sits back and navigates the ship.

Edited by old school

Don't understand why everybody is infatuated with these old retread or old retired coaches. Isn't it still true that NO head coach has ever won a Super Bowl with 2 different teams? And only a small handful have ever even taken a second team to the Super Bowl? It scares the beejeezus out of me when there seems to be interest in the old retired guard. That hasn't worked well in the past with the likes of Shanahan, Gibbs, Parcells, Levy as GM etc. The game evolves and changes and the longer these guys are out of the loop, the more it affects them and their relearning curve is larger if and when they come back.

Great post

+1000

Plus, the nostalgia brigade makes me nauseous. Please, don't hire Polian, don't hire Frank Reich.