Head Coach Candidate: Frank Reich

yeah Frank is clueless and has no idea how a team is run even though he played for best Bills teams ever and saw how Marv and Polian did things and continued to work in successful organizations.

So because I was a janitor at Microsoft, another software company should hire me to program their new OS?

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Chargers averaged 0.4 points and 23 more yards per game than the Bills with Phillip Rivers as their QB. If that is a good job, then I don't know what you'd call a bad job. Especially considering that was a 3.4 point and 52 point drop off from the previous season.

Their Oline was as bad as ours and no team can with a bad line, something whaley failed to recognize by letting it deteriorate and then stating that guards weren't important.

See ya Whaley, good riddance.

Their Oline was as bad as ours and no team can with a bad line, something whaley failed to recognize by letting it deteriorate and then stating that guards weren't important.

See ya Whaley, good riddance.

The Indianopolis Colts say hello. Horrible oline.

He also saw how they lost. Why not hire Emmitt Smith then? What you just said applies to 1000 players. Watching how things are done right makes you a good choice for Head Coach?

Emmit has nevered coached brilliant, a great player doesn't mean a great coach. Those can't teach which is why he was as good as he was because he used his mind to overcome his shortcomings and he is mensa, he will figure it out

The Indianopolis Colts say hello. Horrible oline.

and is why they are average and will get bounced again from the playoffs. Luck is so good is there only reason for their success

So because I was a janitor at Microsoft, another software company should hire me to program their new OS?

yeah janitor is a totally equal comparison

and is why they are average and will get bounced again from the playoffs. Luck is so good is there only reason for their success

San Diego has Phillip Rivers. Reich was handed the reigns to the offense this year and took the 5th best offense and made them 18th. Sorry don't by the OL excuse. Maybe that would work in Buffalo where there is no QB, but great QBs, Rivers is one of them, don't need great lines. Luck doesn't need one, could he use one? Of course but he's still able to win. The Pats* made all sorts of oline changes this year. Brady was still Brady. Peyton under a horrible oline is still putting up big numbers.

The Chargers offense regressed with Reich calling the plays. That doesn't look good.

I love Reich but can't imagine hiring Frank as a HC. I think that would be a major mistake at this point. I'd be fine with him as an OC, if that's the direction they want to go. But I'd feel better about it if Frank had success, as an OC with a questionable QB. But perhaps he could help EJ. Overall, I think the Bills need to look for real experience at this point in time.

I love Reich but can't imagine hiring Frank as a HC. I think that would be a major mistake at this point. I'd be fine with him as an OC, if that's the direction they want to go. But I'd feel better about it if Frank had success, as an OC with a questionable QB. But perhaps he could help EJ. Overall, I think the Bills need to look for real experience at this point in time.

Pegula has put himself in a position to set the tone for his entire ownership. Will he pony up? Or is it more Ralph?

Hiring Reich would be same ol Bills, Ralph is cheap.

Pegula has put himself in a position to set the tone for his entire ownership. Will he pony up? Or is it more Ralph?

Hiring Reich would be same ol Bills, Ralph is cheap.

Well, Pegula has already demonstrated he isn't cheap. But even owners who throw money around make mistakes.

My fear is that Terry and Kim actually hire Reich. Pegula has a history of hiring people with previous franchise experience (Nolan, LaFontaine, now possibly Polian).

I hope the fact that Reich is a former Bill does not automatically make him the choice. if he's most qualified, then great. Otherwise I'd like to see other choices examined...

Serious question...why all the Reich desire? Is it just because he was a former Bill?

1 He has virtually no relevant experience to be a HC...

2 He was an OC one year and his offense wasn't very good

3 This team needs a proven leader, something Reich has yet to do

Nothing against him, but I don't get it. He could be great, but he's proven nothing...I don't want to hire a coach on a "hunch" he might be good at it because people like him. I want to hire a coach who has proven he can lead a team, make a significant impact, and command respect. Maybe as an OC, but please no as HC. Like I said, doesn't mean he will be a bad HC, but I don't want to roll the dice with a team that is this close to being playoff relevant again.

Innovative and proven like Trestman?? (Gag).

"I think Frank, in his first year, did a very good job," Telesco said. "He's smart. He's detailed. He's prepared for this for a long time. He's a great teacher, a great communicator, and he can really handle a room as far as handling the offense. He did an excellent job, and I'm not surprised that some teams would have interest in him."

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2014/dec/31/chargers-frank-reich-bills-head-coach/

"I think Frank, in his first year, did a very good job," Telesco said. "He's smart. He's detailed. He's prepared for this for a long time. He's a great teacher, a great communicator, and he can really handle a room as far as handling the offense. He did an excellent job, and I'm not surprised that some teams would have interest in him."

http://www.utsandieg...lls-head-coach/

All good stuff. But do you think that makes him the best candidate for a HC at this time?

http://www.utsandieg...lls-head-coach/

Sounds like he is trying to get rid of him.

I kid. I kid.

The Chargers offense is all Mike McCoy. This is a good explanation of it at the beginning of the season. Reich isn't even mentioned.