Greg Roman for OC

BillsFanMike

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greg Roman is another guy players have raved about, and who was interviewing for HC positions. Great "get" by Rex for this staff. He must not be "scared" of working with EJ, either.

It seems like from the reports, Pegs asked Rex who he wanted as OC and they would go get him. Rex picked Roman - guessing he trusts him, has worked with him before, believes in his philosophy.

I'm not kidding, they were sitting at a table outside. My wife and I were walking by. Saw the Bills logo on Russ shirt realized who he was, so I introduced myself and told them that I am a Bills fan.

I live in Delray Beach FL, which is just north of Boca Raton.

No La Boheme on Atlantic, over near the beach.

I have absolutely no reason to but I do believe you.....

@ChrisTrapasso: Greg Roman wasn't popular in SF this year. But his exp. with athletic QB & especially his power running offense makes him logical for #Bills

Kapernick's play regressed this year under Roman/Harbaugh, which isn't a good sign.

Kapernick's play regressed this year under Roman/Harbaugh, which isn't a good sign.

I really don't completely understand this line of reasoning.

Year 1 Alex Smith greatly improves.

Year 2 Colin Kaepernick greatly improves.

Year 3 Colin Kaepernick greatly improves.

Year 4 Colin Kaepernick greatly regresses.

And the two years previous in college Andrew Luck greatly improves (he was going to be great anyway but he took the college game by storm)

All this together is a bad sign?

Any of this on Kaepernick?

Statistically it wasn't as big a drop off as some would have you believe. td/int ratio in 2013 21-8 in 2014 19-10 comp% actually went up from 58 to 61 and passer rating dropped all the way to 86 from 91. Whew Whew. the 49ers receivers are the biggest problem they had. They can't get open against teams like Seattle.

Greg Roman is literally exactly what Bills fans have asked for on offense since forever.

Power running.

Tons of playaction.

TE is a focal point.

The Bills will need to upgrade talent on OL and at TE, but -hey, would you look at that. These guys are UFAs from SF:

G Mike Iupati

TE Vernon Davis

Edit: Davis is a UFA next season, but may get cut this off-season.

Edited by BrooklynBills