Pick a QB, any QB...who in 2015?

Gugny

Does anyone know anything about Bo Levi Mitchell who has done well playing for Calgary in the CFL? His stats look good. I have no idea if that translates to the NFL though. I think Jeff Garcia made it to the NFL through the CFL.

So did Warren Moon and Doug Flutie

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No matter who they sign this board will blow up "oh god not him"

yes, because he won't be that great. Problem is, no great QB will be allowed to enter FA. It's the reality of the situation. They need to find a guy who can reasonably fit into this team and give him a lot of help. Edited by YoloinOhio

Austin Davis' stats (small sample) are better than Sam Bradford's. He had a nice stretch of six games before a 3-game road stretch against KC, SF, and AZ got him benched.

I could see the Bills bringing in Davis and letting him compete alongside EJ, and an incoming 2nd or 3rd round pick, in the mode of the Flynn/Jackson/R.Wilson tandem the Seahawks brought in for 2012.

Here you go:

Jason Campbell UFA CIN 32

Jimmy Clausen UFA CHI 27

Austin Davis RFA STL 25

Matt Flynn UFA GB 29

Blaine Gabbert UFA SF 25

Matt Hasselbeck UFA IND 39

Shaun Hill UFA STL 34

Brian Hoyer UFA CLE 29

Tarvaris Jackson UFA SEA 31

Josh Johnson UFA SF 28

Case Keenum RFA HOU 26

Ryan Lindley UFA ARI 25

Jake Locker UFA TEN 26

Ryan Mallett UFA HOU 26

Luke McCown UFA NO 33

Colt McCoy UFA WAS 28

Kellen Moore RFA DET 25

Matt Moore UFA MIA 30

Dan Orlovsky UFA DET 31

Christian Ponder UFA MIN 26

Mark Sanchez UFA PHI 28

Matt Simms RFA NYJ 26

Tyrod Taylor UFA BAL 25

Scott Tolzien UFA GB 27

Michael Vick UFA NYJ 34

Joe Webb UFA CAR 28

T.J. Yates UFA ATL 27

Cleo Lemon CFL TOR Over 25

Tommy Lucas HS West Seneca West 17

Chad Kelly JC New York State Department of Corrections 21

Saul Luckman (nephew of Sid Luckman) AARP League Shady Groves Rest Home 87

I don't know about you, but all I see here are last resorts and a couple serviceable mentors to EJ that we would hope never has to take the field for us..

You missed a few.

I would not mind bringing in Foles, but I don't believe Philly would trade him.

True, but everybody is tradeable for the right price. That said I don't think they would consider it unless they could guarantee themselves they would be able to get either Winston or Mariotta. either one of them fits Kellys offense better than Foles. You never know, lets hope Whaley is a shrewd and ruthless businessman and hopefully gets a good QB.

Austin davis, Keenum, locker probably worth digging into.

I'm always curious about Keller Moore. Despite his size he lost 3 games in his college career and always looks great in preseason

I think your answer about Moore may lie in your statement. He's small, his college performances haven't carried over to the NFL and he's not good enough to play in regular season games?

Did Matt Leinhart retire?

I would rather they try and trade for Nick Foles. I think Foles would be awsome in a Bills uniform. I don't think he is a good fit in Kellys scheme.

I think Foles would be a good fit here too. Since he can play in the cold as well, that's a plus.

I like Matt Moore. He lit up the Bills a few years back with a super performance. Can throw the deep ball.

MM would be an excellent addition to this team. First of all he wouldn't be shy about entering a QB battle. He's also a fiery leader with intestinal fortitude, the man plays loose and isn't afraid of the big moments. He has a solid arm and throws a nice deep ball and Wouldn't command much salary.

The last time MM played was 2011, he finished the yr for the Dolphins with a 6-3 record in which he lead them to scoring over 20pts 8 out of 9gms. 4 of those gms they scored 30 or more including that 35-8 beat down of our beloved Bills. MM did all this after his team started that season 0-7.

I live in Miami and remember his teammates saying on multiple occasions that he kept them together and showed an incredible will to win. I witnessed this first hand and believe it. Living in Miami me and my friends watch all our gms together. We have at least 4tvs going on Sundays to follow our teams and fantasy squads.

Im not saying MM is the answer to our franchise QB issues, what he is though is an excellent bridge. I think the Bills should sign MM and either trade for another QB like Nassib or sign another guy like Ryan Mallett. These moves will make things interesting going into next season with a full on QB battle between 3guys including EJ. All 3 would have something to offer and would make our team better.

Making these moves also wouldn't cost the Bills much salary cap space and should allow us to fill in pivotal holes on our roster like the oline, Te and RBs. Better team equals more production. The way I see it other then a unforeseen trade for a franchise QB like Brees or some other aging star this is truly the best way yo attack this off-season.

Go Bills!

It's possible that Bradford may be available yet, depending on who they bring in. The Rams said today that he has to compete for the starting job. I'm not sure why they would say that, unless there was a decent chance they weren't going to keep him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/30/rams-want-sam-bradford-to-compete-for-starting-job/

Here you go:

Jason Campbell UFA CIN 32

Jimmy Clausen UFA CHI 27

Austin Davis RFA STL 25

Matt Flynn UFA GB 29

Blaine Gabbert UFA SF 25

Matt Hasselbeck UFA IND 39

Shaun Hill UFA STL 34

Brian Hoyer UFA CLE 29

Tarvaris Jackson UFA SEA 31

Josh Johnson UFA SF 28

Case Keenum RFA HOU 26

Ryan Lindley UFA ARI 25

Jake Locker UFA TEN 26

Ryan Mallett UFA HOU 26

Luke McCown UFA NO 33

Colt McCoy UFA WAS 28

Kellen Moore RFA DET 25

Matt Moore UFA MIA 30

Dan Orlovsky UFA DET 31

Christian Ponder UFA MIN 26

Mark Sanchez UFA PHI 28

Matt Simms RFA NYJ 26

Tyrod Taylor UFA BAL 25

Scott Tolzien UFA GB 27

Michael Vick UFA NYJ 34

Joe Webb UFA CAR 28

T.J. Yates UFA ATL 27

I don't know about you, but all I see here are last resorts and a couple serviceable mentors to EJ that we would hope never has to take the field for us..

I would consider only Mallet, Locker, Moore and Sanchez.

It's possible that Bradford may be available yet, depending on who they bring in. The Rams said today that he has to compete for the starting job. I'm not sure why they would say that, unless there was a decent chance they weren't going to keep him.

http://profootballta...r-starting-job/

I noticed this too. it was definitely a statement from the Rams.

i am no where near qualified to which of this painfully extensive list of players that "might be able to" hold the Fort.

Till what exactly ?

We have our hopes riding on EJ to come around within the next TWO seasons.

Bills have really screwed themselves. and put a lot of effort i to get there. Over all these years , Bills finally draft a QB under Nix. Because the FO HAD too by then. fan base losing it and all.! But it is still light years fan wise. The QB issue may not be solvable this year and still mighty challenging the following year if we are drafting for" the guy " still.

Bradford has the most potential. lol, but really i think he might have the upside. His injuries have not let him reach his potential.

Mallett has the arm and has been pupil to Brady and The Evil one

Good topic for sure.

oh and NO to Sanchez. I would struggle watching games if he might start . I loathe him actually

Edited by 3rdand12

Bradford's stats in the 2 seasons he stayed healthy:

Year Games Yards Comp% TDs INTs QB Rating

2010 (1st) 16 3512 60.0 18 15 76.5

2012 (3rd) 16 3702 59.5 21 13 82.6

Unfortunately, only 17 games played in the other 3 seasons.

Unrelated comment: Does anyone know how to insert/create a good table in this editor? Geesh! WYS not = WYG

Edited by LittleJoeCartwright