Marrone/Whaley season ending PC today @3PM

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are really adept at saying nothing.

ever listen to other PC's by other organizations?

Most of the stuff you hear from teams like Dallas, New York Jets, Miami, Denver are because the reporters go out on a limb. Evrything you hear about Seattle is 100% fabricated bull ****

At least Marrone seemed like he was happy and having a little fun - remember when he was the most contentious coach in the league somewhere in the middle of the season?

An interesting observation I agree with now that you mention it. I wonder if this means he feels confident that he will be returning next year, based on conversations already held with the Pegulas and everyone else.

Translation: we are clueless, and analytics is simply a buzz word here on OBD.

Alt translation: We don't want to tell you.

TBD should have a full conspiracy forum, the simplest explanations are never accepted here! :D

Thanks for taking the time to post all that jboyst62

Q will coaching staff return? assistants?

M: for me right now, we just got done with players, we'll sit down, doug and russ and look at all situations

:censored:

Really disappointing everything stays the same in the FO, coaching staff. A new owner with no clue...

why was WR Mike Williams was benched after catching a TD after the Texans game? You judge.

http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Mike-Williams-We-Adjusted-a-Little-Too-Late/2229d307-9410-4b01-bdbb-c911b4607d09

use internet explorer to watch it.

Agreed. Yet, fans will take one simple word in a sentence and use it to draw a number of ridiculous conclusions. It's good for the message board industry, thats about it.

(pan to SDS sitting quietly in server room, rubbing hands together and licking his chops....)

ever listen to other PC's by other organizations?

Most of the stuff you hear from teams like Dallas, New York Jets, Miami, Denver are because the reporters go out on a limb. Evrything you hear about Seattle is 100% fabricated bull ****

I'm just sayin' -- if our offense was as well coached as these two at giving press conferences, we'd be in the playoffs.

Nothing surprising at all. I did think that Marrone left the door open to not retaining Hackett, although I doubt it is going to happen.

I didn't like Marrone's answer about Mike Williams at all. Basically said that Williams beat out Woods early (even though Williams wasn't at full speed), and that Woods then beat out Williams, and they just decided all along to play Hogan in the slot. That's an awful decision if true.

He also said Henderson was played good for 15 games. That is crazy.

There was a lot I liked about what Marrone said, and a lot I didn't like, which is how I feel about him as a coach. he isn't great, he doesn't suck. He does somethings well and others not so well. Whether that tradeoff is worth it is debatable.

Not what he said about MW listen again.

He's told us this before in a few different ways throughout the year... :

MW is an outside WR. - He doesnt run crisp enough routes for slot

Their 1st idea was to use him outside and try Woods in the slot.

They then found that Woods was better suited not in the slot and was developing before our eyes outside (we all saw this) so Woods goes outside as the #2 (like he should) to the point where he plays over MW out there and MW has nowhere to go because he can't play slot WR, so slot goes to Hogan.

You will seemingly take this cause of yours re: MW to the grave with you. :)

You are one of my favorite posters and otherwise usually make a lot of sense.

Let it go my friend. Let it go...

He's right IMO. Moving a tackle to guard limits his space and shortens his reaction time. It also exposes a "prototype" OT build (long, lean) to the rigors of having to face lower, stouter DTs.

So why was Pears playing over Urbik all year? Marrone continues to make comments that contradict his previous decisions

Marrone says he would have given different thought to the situation had he been aware Orton would retire.

Marrone had no sense of this, not by the way they were preparing. He was not looking at the game thinking Orton was going to be gone.

That is so weird. I would have bet money that Marrone and Whaley both new days if not weeks ago. I mean, Orton must have known some time ago in order to do it this morning.

Gotta respect him for doing it now though instead of holding out for a roster bonus or whatever next season. This gives the Bills as much time as possible to find a starter.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Alt translation: We don't want to tell you.

TBD should have a full conspiracy forum, the simplest explanations are never accepted here! :D

Then why did they announce they had a shiny new analytics department? Do you know what's not a conspiracy? 15 straight seasons without a playoff appearance. Maybe a lot of people rightfully think they're inept.

That is so weird. I would have bet money that Marrone and Whaley both new days if not weeks ago. I mean, Orton must have known some time ago in order to do it this morning.

eric wood just said (on schopp) that he knew orton was going to retire beforehand, but wouldn't say exactly when he found out.

Edited by Dirtbag

Really disappointing everything stays the same in the FO, coaching staff. A new owner with no clue...

How did you read the quote you posted and get out of it that things might not change? We're done with the players, now we'll look at everything else...

Then why did they announce they had a shiny new analytics department? Do you know what's not a conspiracy? 15 straight seasons without a playoff appearance. Maybe a lot of people rightfully think they're inept.

Yes, but just because they announced it, doesn't mean they have to tell YOU what they're doing with it. But you're right, it was probably the lack of analytics that made us miss the playoffs - not the QB, OL, RB group and OC...

Not what he said about MW listen again.

He's told us this before in a few different ways throughout the year... :

MW is an outside WR. - He doesnt run crisp enough routes for slot

Their 1st idea was to use him outside and try Woods in the slot.

They then found that Woods was better suited not in the slot and was developing before our eyes outside (we all saw this) so Woods goes outside as the #2 (like he should) to the point where he plays over MW out there and MW has nowhere to go because he can't play slot WR, so slot goes to Hogan.

You will seemingly take this cause of yours re: MW to the grave with you. :)

You are one of my favorite posters and otherwise usually make a lot of sense.

Let it go my friend. Let it go...

I know everything you said but that is not what happened at all. Hogan didn't even play the first four games. Everyone here went nuts because WRs were running wild in the Houston secondary and EJ wasnt looking or throwing to them. Williams caught an 80 yard TD in that game. They were using Woods in the slot. And they were switching him back and forth with Williams on the outside in the first four games. then and only then, out of nowhere, does Williams disappear.