Orton Retires (per twitter)

JimBob2232

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? Wow--that's pretty harsh.

Anyway, say goodbye to the only QB with a winning record with the Bills since Flutie and the only season winning record since Bledsoe.

I guess EJ gets to take off that knit cap now...

I don't get you. You bash Marrone but back Orton?

The guy has issues. I think this clearly shows his heart isn't into football at this time in his life. I find it to be incredible when most athletes play until they are forced to stop for one reason or another.

It is possible he realized that he isn't that good at QB either.

Also Orton seemed to realize Nate Hacket's DIII offense was Dead on Arrival.

Marrone: "Thanks for coming in Kyle for our season ending meeting . . . "

Orton: "(takes a swig of his handle of Jack) Save it Moron, is little Natie getting **** canned today?"

Marrone:"Well obviously . . . we obviously struggled ... we need to assess ..."

Orton "Obviously STFU! Yes or No, is your little buddy getting shown the door?"

Marrone "No"

Orton "I retire. Good Luck Moron. (downs the rest of the handle and burps)"

Edited by Why So Serious?

I think we all knew he wasn't the answer. If anything this puts pressure on Whaley to find a solution now instead of keeping on a band-aid in Orton.

At least he kept the season interesting into December, but it was clear his heart wasn't in it the last few weeks.

Anyone thinking this is good news is delusional.

This is good news. It forces the Bills to look at the QB situation realistically and not rely on a journeyman with no heart and no desire to play. To me this is the best news possible for the Bills to improve their future.

Edited by MarkAF43

Bunch of idiots on this board it seems sometimes. The only QB with a winning record since the Flutie-Johnson era and you guys are chasing him out of town.

Thanks Kyle. Wish you were sticking around.

The ONLY reason he had a winning record was because of the championship caliber defense the team had. Orton was, at best, a game manager, and at his worst (i.e. the last 6 games) a liability incapable of leading drives because he was more concerned about not getting hurt than he was winning football games.

Good riddance.

I know you're being sarcastic but the game was important just search comments by the players. Their opinion on whether the game was important to win is the only one that matters.

No doubt. A few of us feel that EJ could have put up Orton's requisite single touchdown drive and a few figgies, but I'm willing to admit I could be wrong.

I know you're being sarcastic but the game was important just search comments by the players. Their opinion on whether the game was important to win is the only one that matters.

How do you know that EJ couldn't have won that pseudo preseason game? If the coaches and players don't think he can win, then why is he still on the team?