Rex Ryan Has Cleaned His Desk Out / UM Reps in the Bay area pursuing H

boyst

http://profootballta...-jets-gm-coach/

Charley Casserly, the former Redskins and Texans general manager who’s now working as a consultant for Jets owner Woody Johnson, is already contacting candidates to be the Jets’ next head coach and next general manager.

That’s the word from Dom Cosentino of NJ.com, who reports that the Jets are moving quickly on the idea that head coach Rex Ryan and General Manager John Idzik both figure to be fired after Sunday’s season finale.

Ryan hasn’t been told he’s fired, but that move is so clearly coming that Ryan has already reportedly cleared out his office. Idzik’s firing hasn’t been seen as quite the sure thing that Ryan’s is, but given the lack of talent on the roster, and particularly Idzik’s inability to find a franchise quarterback, it’s easy to see why Idzik would get the boot as well.

&

http://www.nfl.com/n...ls-this-weekend

According to NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport, University of Michigan officials, including interim athletic director Jim Hackett, will be in the Bay Area this weekend following the 49ers' finale to speak with Harbaugh face-to-face for the first time. Many believe that a return to Michigan is in the cards for the former Wolverines quarterback ever since a reported six-year, $48 million offer was made to the embattled head coach by the school earlier this month, but Harbaugh has refused to elaborate on his future in recent weeks.

Michigan won't be the only suitor in the mix for Harbaugh this weekend either. According to Rapoport, Oakland Raiders officials will also be nearby (or at least closer than they already are) and planning to speak with Harbaugh about their head coaching vacancy.

Edited by jboyst62

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's never been successful in his career.

He made it to the playoffs with a top-tier D. Any coach (other than Douglas Marrone) can do that.

He's over-hyped, in my opinion. Just like his scumbag brother, who has ruined two very good defenses on back-to-back jobs.

Harbaugh is another story. If he goes to the Jets, it's not going to be pretty in the AFC East.

He's never been successful in his career.

He made it to the playoffs with a top-tier D. Any coach (other than Douglas Marrone) can do that.

He's over-hyped, in my opinion. Just like his scumbag brother, who has ruined two very good defenses on back-to-back jobs.

Harbaugh is another story. If he goes to the Jets, it's not going to be pretty in the AFC East.

Harbaugh has had a much more talented team. He won't win anything in New York. Not right away at least.

Every coach needs talent. The Jets owner and front office ruined a contender.

I'm such a huge Rex fan. He is going to win a Superbowl one of these years. I really think he was sabotaged by a poor owner and two poor GMs - the guy can flat-out coach. He'll probably go to Chicago or Atlanta and I have no doubt he'll be successful.

As a DC I assume.

The guy gets high praise but he was subpar as a HC and is as conservative as Marrone is. He is a bad clock manager and his teams are only prepared for great teams because I believe he believes his mere presence can beat "lesser" opponents. If I'm not mistaken he has yet to win a game after a bye week.

Then there is his off-the field persona, where he talks to much, he inflates his players talents and that puts his GM or owner in an bad position to do their jobs.

Edited by Fixxxer

Although I like Darrell Bevell, Frank Reich or Todd Bowles as our possible new head coach, I wouldn't mind seeing Rex Ryan as our HC with Mark Trestman as OC. Bring in Mark Sanchez and then let him battle it out with EJ Manuel.

If you hate Orton, you will really hate the Sanchise. At least Orton goes three and out, allowing us to punt and gain field position. The Sanchise is a walking turnover waiting to happen.

If you hate Orton, you will really hate the Sanchise. At least Orton goes three and out, allowing us to punt and gain field position. The Sanchise is a walking turnover waiting to happen.

Like I said, I have other HC candidates in mind, but if they did go with Ryan/Trestman my hope would be that Trestman could get Manuel to be a better QB than Sanchez and so he would win the job. Sanchez would be plan B like Orton was. There are not any great options out there for the Bills at QB. Looking at the draft option, I would think that the 2nd rd pick will be a OG or TE and maybe they take a chance on a QB in the 3rd rd and hope for a Russell Wilson success story? Slim chances of that happening. Sign the best FA guard, get a better TE and then have a professional OC come in and hopefully show that the problem with the Bills offense was Marrone and Hackett, not the talent.\\

Edited by 1billsfan

Idzik may be fired because he couldn't find a franchise QB. That's never happened with the BILLS.

Manuel still might be the guy. Way too early to tell.

Any GM responsible for having Vick and Smith as the top 2 QBs on his team has no business being a GM.

So the Jets "figure" that Ryan and Idzik will be fired by the Jets--and they are moving fast on "the idea" that that might happen?

Wow. Awesome reporting there. I bet next week we'll hear that the Jets were correct in the idea that the Jets were going to fire the HC and GM after the season ending game.