Rex Ryan Has Cleaned His Desk Out / UM Reps in the Bay area pursuing H

boyst

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Idzik may be fired because he couldn't find a franchise QB. That's never happened with the BILLS.

that is one of many reasons idzik is being fired. It isn't nearly that simple. Visit the jets team website. It has a whole video narrative if his mistakes. Hope he ordered the u-haul.

I wouldn't mind seeing Rex Ryan as our HC with Mark Trestman as OC. Bring in Mark Sanchez and then let him battle it out with EJ Manuel.

I really hope this is all sarcasm

Edited by Max997

Like I said, I have other HC candidates in mind, but if they did go with Ryan/Trestman my hope would be that Trestman could get Manuel to be a better QB than Sanchez and so he would win the job. Sanchez would be plan B like Orton was. There are not any great options out there for the Bills at QB. Looking at the draft option, I would think that the 2nd rd pick will be a OG or TE and maybe they take a chance on a QB in the 3rd rd and hope for a Russell Wilson success story? Slim chances of that happening. Sign the best FA guard, get a better TE and then have a professional OC come in and hopefully show that the problem with the Bills offense was Marrone and Hackett, not the talent.\\

Yeah, Trestman had no offensive weapons in Chicago.

ANd Chip Kelly couldn't cure Sanchez, but Trestman will.

This is insanity encapsulated in a single post.

Yeah, Trestman had no offensive weapons in Chicago.

ANd Chip Kelly couldn't cure Sanchez, but Trestman will.

This is insanity encapsulated in a single post.

Relax, I want Darrell Bevell as both our new HC/OC. You are getting upset discussing Rex/Trestman which is my FOURTH option and that option is still a thousand times better than Marrone/Hackett. Trestman took a team to the Superbowl as an OC. He has always done a good job being in that position and he knows how to handle QBs who actually care about their job and want to learn.

So then, what’s your solution smarty pants? I gave you a fourth option, can you give us a first option?

You've got to be joking, I hope?

No I'm not joking. Rex Ryan and Mark Trestman would give this team the jolt that it needs to challenge the best teams in the AFC. The Jets have lost a lot of talent, it wasn't Rex's coaching that did them in.

Who do you want as the next head coach and OC?

He's never been successful in his career.

He made it to the playoffs with a top-tier D. Any coach (other than Douglas Marrone) can do that.

He's over-hyped, in my opinion. Just like his scumbag brother, who has ruined two very good defenses on back-to-back jobs.

Harbaugh is another story. If he goes to the Jets, it's not going to be pretty in the AFC East.

1) Marrone hasn't made the playoffs once. Ryan was a game away from the SB twice with Mark Sanchez. Ryan is a defensive coach while Marrone has been an offensive one. There is zero comparison.

2) His brother is completely overrated. Ryan is not. He is arguably the best defensive coach in the NFL.

3) Ryan is probably the 2nd best coach in Jets' history.

If Rex goes to a team with an established QB, he will be very good. Honestly, I would love him here except he would do nothing to improve the offense. IMO, Rex is a top 10 coach.

Relax, I want Darrell Bevell as both our new HC/OC. You are getting upset discussing Rex/Trestman which is my FOURTH option and that option is still a thousand times better than Marrone/Hackett. Trestman took a team to the Superbowl as an OC. He has always done a good job being in that position and he knows how to handle QBs who actually care about their job and want to learn.

So then, what’s your solution smarty pants? I gave you a fourth option, can you give us a first option?

No I'm not joking. Rex Ryan and Mark Trestman would give this team the jolt that it needs to challenge the best teams in the AFC. The Jets have lost a lot of talent, it wasn't Rex's coaching that did them in.

Who do you want as the next head coach and OC?

Love the Trestman idea, like the Brevell idea. As for Sanchez, KElly has maximized him. This is as good as Sanchez can be. He turns the ball over way too much to ever be a consistent NFL starter.

But yes, please get a real offensive mind to work with EJ.

1) Marrone hasn't made the playoffs once. Ryan was a game away from the SB twice with Mark Sanchez. Ryan is a defensive coach while Marrone has been an offensive one. There is zero comparison.

2) His brother is completely overrated. Ryan is not. He is arguably the best defensive coach in the NFL.

3) Ryan is probably the 2nd best coach in Jets' history.

If Rex goes to a team with an established QB, he will be very good. Honestly, I would love him here except he would do nothing to improve the offense. IMO, Rex is a top 10 coach.

It's funny how many Bills fans are scoffing at Rex Ryan. Unlike the last 10 or so head coaches we've had since Marv Levy, Rex Ryan has a great NFL head coaching resume.

It's funny how many Bills fans are scoffing at Rex Ryan. Unlike the last 10 or so head coaches we've had since Marv Levy, Rex Ryan has a great NFL head coaching resume.

Seriously. I think we have more talent on our defense than those Jets teams, Orton sucks but he was better than a turnover prone Sanchez, and Ryan nearly took them to the SB and we won 8 games.

Ryan>>> Marrone

Seriously. I think we have more talent on our defense than those Jets teams, Orton sucks but he was better than a turnover prone Sanchez, and Ryan nearly took them to the SB and we won 8 games.

Ryan>>> Marrone

It would be a bold move, but I would be totally on board if they hired him. Having said that, I think the perfect candidate is the OC from Seattle. Would love to see him turn EJ Manuel into the giant version of Russell Wilson...LOL We already have the "beast mode" back in Dixon.

I don't have an answer right now as far as HC and OC, but want NOTHING to do with Sanchez! He's the exact same QB we've had for the past decade: Turnover prone, poor decision making, inaccurate passer.

No thanks. I'm not that sold on Rex (or his fatass brother) either. They both command a ton of attention because of their last name, and the way they run their mouths.

I'm not big on the "look at me" persona, sorry.

Not sure how any of this matters, as we will still be looking for a quarterback. I checked out the Free Agent QB's for 2015, and there isn't much to be excited over.

Ryan Mallett and Mike Glennon are it. I am intrigued by Glennon, actually wanted the Bills to take him in the 2nd round, but they took EJ. Actually coulda taken both, considering the quandary the position was (still) is in.

I don't have an answer right now as far as HC and OC, but want NOTHING to do with Sanchez! He's the exact same QB we've had for the past decade: Turnover prone, poor decision making, inaccurate passer.

No thanks. I'm not that sold on Rex (or his fatass brother) either. They both command a ton of attention because of their last name, and the way they run their mouths.

I'm not big on the "look at me" persona, sorry.

Sanchez is really an afterthought. The Bills will need to sign a free agent QB and unfortunately he's one of the top two or three out there. My hope is that Manuel would beat out Sanchez and that he'd only be a backup plan like Orton was. I don't want Orton because he's not fully committed to playing football as everyone could tell by the slide a yard short of the marker play.

One thing that Sanchez has going for him is that he has proven he can be successful with a great defense like ours and a great running game which we hope to get one in the offseason. Also, he knows the division. I'd much rather have him than Orton.

Edited by 1billsfan

Idzik may be fired because he couldn't find a franchise QB. That's never happened with the BILLS.

that, and a BUNCH of other terrible moves by the Jets GM. Finding a franchise QB is more than just the QB. They have had some other brutal draft picks, along with letting Revis go, etc. We have a solid enough team now that we should be able to get a FA QB, whereas 5 years ago, NO QB would come here. Whaley has had some good picks, if he cleans up the offensive coordinator, (and possibly HC), and can use the new coordinator/HC to lure a QB here, we then draft OL and we should be set. Preston Brown, Kiko, Sammy, Robey, Searcy, A. Williams, etc. all great draft picks/UDFA acquisitions.

Sanchez is really an afterthought. The Bills will need to sign a free agent QB and unfortunately he's one of the top two or three out there. My hope is that Manuel would beat out Sanchez and that he'd only be a backup plan like Orton was. I don't want Orton because he's not fully committed to playing football as everyone could tell by the slide a yard short of the marker play.

One thing that Sanchez has going for him is that he has proven he can be successful with a great defense like ours and a great running game which we hope to get one in the offseason. Also, he knows the division. I'd much rather have him than Orton.

I'd also rather have Sanchez than Orton. Orton should be cut after tomorrow's game. In fact, he should have been cut after last week. The last two weeks have proven your point that he is not fully committed to playing football and winning. Sanchez has made two AFC Championship games. He can manage a game to success. If we get Sanchez, improve the O-line and get a power back, we should make the playoffs. (I would not "settle" for just taking Sanchez, we would also need a new OC, and another QB via trade or FA (Bradford, or my choice, Glennon).

It would be a bold move, but I would be totally on board if they hired him. Having said that, I think the perfect candidate is the OC from Seattle. Would love to see him turn EJ Manuel into the giant version of Russell Wilson...LOL We already have the "beast mode" back in Dixon.

I like Dixon, I would also like to see another power back brought in. A bigger back. Dixon is also decently quick with good hands. Would love to land someone like Gurley from GA.

Rex will easily get a DC job this season (assuming he doesn't want to wait for a HC opportunity to come up). It would be great to keep him in the AFCE. Maybe in Miami?

I heard from local sports radio that people close to Rex say he's not coming back to the NFL as an assistant/D-coordinator and if he's not given another HC gig, he apparently has a lucrative TV offer lined up. I believe every word of it.

At this point in his career, can anyone really picture Rex as a D-coordinator? He would be a larger character than any HC and would overshadow any HC pretty much just b/c of his persona - not a good dynamic, IMO.

Edited by bobobonators

After Schwartz gets a new gig as a HC somewhere, I'd love to have Ryan come in and be out DC. He may not get a job as a HC right away and he may be wanting to stick it to the Jets for firing him.

If love him as a DC. As a HC. No thanks.

I heard from local sports radio that people close to Rex say he's not coming back to the NFL as an assistant/D-coordinator and if he's not given another HC gig, he apparently has a lucrative TV offer lined up. I believe every word of it.

At this point in his career, can anyone really picture Rex as a D-coordinator? He would be a larger character than any HC and would overshadow any HC pretty much just b/c of his persona - not a good dynamic, IMO.

didnt most people say that about Schwartz?