Hard Knocks here we come?

Justice

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I recall, the league won't choose teams with a new coach, so that would eliminate the Bills. Since Pettine is in year two the Browns would be eligible (although the league could throw out the rules and pick a team).

I am not sure if the the rule is that they "won't pick" teams with new coaches, but rather, they will not force a team with a new coach to participate.

Notice how really successful franchises (like the Pats* for instance) don't use that logic? "Most likely nothing" means "possibly something". Does the team get anything positive (in the wins column) from appearing? Take a look at who participates in that show. With the exception of the Ravens, no team has won the Super Bowl since the show went on the air (and they appeared in 2001). That's not the company the Bills should be keeping. Act like a champ, not a chump!

Because they have had such a difficult time drawing teams to do the show over the past years, about 2 years ago, the NFL mandated that every team will be forced to participate at some time or another. No team in their first year with a new coach will be forced to participate, though, as I understand it, they could volunteer. I think too, they will not require a Super Bowl participating team to participate the following season. Also, no team will ever be forced to participate more than once within (I believe) 5 years. Like it or not, the Bills will be on it sooner than later. For those who have watched the series faithfully, I think most would agree, the Rex/Jets season was the most entertaining of all. Rex swears like a mother!@#$er. I loved hearing the pious Tony Dungy among others, get so upset with Rex.

Edited by Buftex

I am not sure if the the rule is that they "won't pick" teams with new coaches, but rather, they will not force a team with a new coach to participate.

This. The rule is that if no team volunteers the NFL can force a team but only teams that meet certain conditions like not having a new coach.

So the Bills could agree to be on there, but the NFL can't force the Bills to do it if no team volounteers.

If you look back you should see the Bills may not be eligible for Hard Knocks

well maybe some fans need a hard knock upside the head.... ;) ;) :devil:

FWIW according to this tread. It aint gonna happen forcibly at least

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24939058/redskins-giants-among-9-nfl-teams-eligible-for-2015-hard-knocks

The Giants, Redskins, Browns, Texans, Jaguars, Titans, Vikings, Buccaneers and Rams are all eligible to be compelled by the league to participate because they don't meet any of the three criteria

Here's the rest of the teams are exempt from being forced to appear on the show:

Playoffs Last Two Years: Patriots, Steelers, Bengals, Ravens, Colts, Broncos, Chargers, Chiefs, Cowboys, Eagles, Packers, Lions, Panthers, Saints, Seahawks, Cardinals

New Head Coach: Bills, Jets, Raiders, Bears, 49ers, Falcons

the Giants would probably get them the most viewers but I don't see any interesting story lines with that team. there's some drama with the Redskins and Gruden trying to pick a QB. that might be a selling point. Cleveland is kind of blah except for the Johnny Manziel stuff but Pettine has been on Hard Knocks in the past so the producers might be comfortable with him

From an unbiased point of view, between Rex, McCoy, Incognito, and new ownership, we would be the most entertaining team. If we volunteer for it.

they were just talking about the browns going on hard knocks on local sports radio in Cbus. All three guys on the show said the #1 team they would want to see on Hard Knocks this year is the Bills. And none are bills fans or have ties to Bflo. Pretty funny.

@viccarucci: The #Bills were asked by the #NFL if they'd be interested in being featured on HBO's Hard Knocks tthis summer, They said no.

I was just going to post the same thing. I'm glad.

Vic Carucci tweeted its looking like Browns.

he reported yesterday that they were a front runner. But Pettine said today that they would not volunteer for it. And ray farmer said they will request the nfl not make them do it because of they have a QB coming out if rehab and they don't want it splashed across TV. So the nfl will need to make them do it - probably not a good look for the league if they do.

LeBron will no doubt make an appearance

Showing off that dome about to get some of that Bosley and Rogain cash.

Boo! Love me some Hard Knocks - that would have made training camp even more must watch TV (you know, if you consider the videos posted on bb.com "tv").

This. Would have been some great must see TV.

• 1 month later...

If this is true, we need to sign Michael Sam and assign him to room with Incognito.

Too late. He'll be doing things the French way now. :lol:

@TomPelissero

Michael Sam has signed with the CFL's Montreal Alouettes, per one of his agents, Joe Barkett. It's a one-year deal with an option for 2016.