Wilson or Luck?

Mr. WEO

131 members have voted

1. 1. who do you take on your team right now?

• Wilson
    • Luck

Well I would never call Luck a straw man. I am not a big fan but do recognize that he is big and strong and hardly made from straw.

Anyway, my point is that everyone is saying that his results stink because everyone around him stinks.....he needs a better team....blah blah blah....if he is so great like the hype machine says why does he need that? Which is it? And it is not Wilson's fault that he has a good team around him.

I don't think that you understand what strawman means in this case lol

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. I may get heat for saying this, but I think Wilson demonstrates a higher on field football intelligence, which is what you are saying, I think. He is calm--icy, actually. He does what he needs to do and does it well. He isn't asked to throw 57 times a game, but he is expected to drive them down the field. He sees everything (ironically, and with all possible disrespect to the "professional" who run NFL FO's, for a guy who is 2 inches "too short" to play in the NFL) and takes care of the ball.

HE steps up in big games.....

Yep, that's exactly what I am saying. Wilson has that "it" and from college to the pros Luck hasn't demonstrated it yet. I don't want to use too much hyperbole but Luck has a lot of Peyton while Wilson has a lot of Brady (at least at this point). Obviously you would love to have either but I just think that Wilson is a better winner if that makes sense.

Anyone that has followed Seattle this year has to realize that he isn't the "game manager" that some think. He has absolutely carried them at times.

I dont think either one would be as successful in Buffalo as they have been on their respective teams. I think Luck would still get the hype here that hes gotten, but think about Luck as a Bill facing Tom Brady twice a season.

Wilson would not have gotten the hype had he been drafted here, and i cant honestly say i think his carreer would be going quite as swimmingly as it has as a Bill.

Theyre both in the first quarter of their carreers and clearly Wilson has an advantage b/c of the team hes on. Coaching and surrounding talent. I think Wilson will end up with the better carreer, i think Wilson has far more advantages than Luck also.

Id take Luck

I chose Luck, but for a very poor reason.... He's got such a sweet deep ball and I enjoy watching a deep throw offense.

If I were to reall sit down and consider who will ultimately have a better career..... I just dunno...

Russell is very efficient and rarely makes errors. Luck throws for tons of yards, and picks.

Russell probably will win more over his career

Yep, that's exactly what I am saying. Wilson has that "it" and from college to the pros Luck hasn't demonstrated it yet. I don't want to use too much hyperbole but Luck has a lot of Peyton while Wilson has a lot of Brady (at least at this point). Obviously you would love to have either but I just think that Wilson is a better winner if that makes sense.

Anyone that has followed Seattle this year has to realize that he isn't the "game manager" that some think. He has absolutely carried them at times.

Yes, but they're both great players. Luck is saddled with a much worse defense and a much worse cast of RBs, and that should be factored in. That said, Wilson is a great player.

This is just like making an argument that Jeff Hostetler > Jim Kelly because one QB has a Super Bowl ring and the other doesn't . Have to back it up with something more meaningful.

Are Luck's 7 turnovers in 2 playoff games lat year meaningful or just part of the emperor's fine wardrobe? I'll give Luck this, if it weren't for KC stinking out loud and being stupid in the 2nd half of their game with Indy, Luck would have cut down on his turnover number by losing at home in the first round.

Wilson's Championship Rings: 1

Luck's Championship Rings: 0

Meaning what? Are you seriously suggesting Seattle wouldn't have won the SB if Luck was their QB?

One guy has the league's #1 defense and Marshawn Lynch running the ball.

One guy has the league's #19 defense and Trent Richardson running the ball.

Meaning what? Are you seriously suggesting Seattle wouldn't have won the SB if Luck was their QB?

One guy has the league's #1 defense and Marshawn Lynch running the ball.

One guy has the league's #19 defense and Trent Richardson running the ball.

One team had the opportunity to trade a loser's kid for 5 #1 draft picks, Russell Wilson and Peyton Manning. One team is smart.

• 2 weeks later...