Jim Harbaugh

If Kim and Terry are truly determined to deliver us a winning franchise there is no reason why going after Harbaugh shouldnt be in the fold.

Jim Harbaugh may be a jerk and an obnoxious guy to watch on the sidelines but you cannot argue with his success and his philosophy for building a team through strong defense and running game. Its not very often you get a coach of his caliber hitting the open market and IMO there is no reason why the Bills shouldnt make every effort available to court him to our town.

You cannot argue with 3 straight NFC championship appearences and 1 play away from a superbowl title.

Thoughts?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He would be my number one choice, but there's two things that say it's not going to happen:

1. Marrone isn't getting fired.

2. We wouldn't be his number 1. Might not even be in his top 5.

I think your logic for #2 applies to every other bills team of the last 15 years but not to this team.... There are a couple attractive things we have now:

1. Stable Ownership (most important factor)

2. May be willing to offer him full control over personell

3. Talented defense with depth and plenty of young talent

4. Pegula can afford to pay him

5. He would be a god in this town the day he signed.

I think your logic for #2 applies to every other bills team of the last 15 years but not to this team.... There are a couple attractive things we have now:

1. Stable Ownership (most important factor)

2. May be willing to offer him full control over personell

3. Talented defense with depth and plenty of young talent

4. Pegula can afford to pay him

5. He would be a god in this town the day he signed.

I'm not interested in offering him personnel control in the slightest. There's absolutely nothing to suggest that he has any clue about personnel. He may also not be interested in that.

He already has a contract. If he's in the NFL he's likely not getting a gigantic raise over what he already has.

old adage "Money talks, and nobody walk" what you pay a coach is not part of the salary cap, MR.P wants him, money will be about the last thing he would be worrying about, I am sure of that, being a business man, he under stands the concept of risk vs reward, extremely well

If your argument for Harbaugh is for strong defense and running game, we already got one without him. As to the running game, you need players both at RB and O-line. Not that I think Marrone is a better coach, but based on your reasoning, leaves little reason to make a change as Marrone gave you one of two and second one isn't on him as much as on players

No to Harbaugh. It's a fools errand to chase after him as an NFL coach. Guy can't work with people, even when successful. You think he'd work any better with Reggie McKenzie in Oakland or Doug in Buffalo? What's the point of hiring a coach with such a short shelf life?

His personality is for the college ranks ala Saban. I personally think he'll go to a college other than Michigan but college nonetheless.

no way hoe say.

the dude is ridiculously overrated.

Yeah, what has he done besides: 3 titles games, 1 SB appearance with 2 different Qbs, and made A doormat like Stanford a national power?

Yeah, I'd want no part of that. We have a Pinstripe Bowl winner and Paul Hackett's son!

Harbaugh ain't coming here but you're crazy if it won't be an amazing hire. He would maximize Manuel or any qb we get. He is about as good of a coach there is in football. He may be a d bag too.

Yeah, what has he done besides: 3 titles games, 1 SB appearance with 2 different Qbs, and made A doormat like Stanford a national power?

Yeah, I'd want no part of that. We have a Pinstripe Bowl winner and Paul Hackett's son!

Harbaugh ain't coming here but you're crazy if it won't be an amazing hire. He would maximize Manuel or any qb we get. He is about as good of a coach there is in football. He may be a d bag too.

I know he won't be coming.

He is overrated. He has good coordinators, is a good coach but he's not all that. His teams overachieved the past few years and have underachieved just as much. They'll never get far in the West as it is.

The 9ers remind me of the Eagles last decade.

did you watch any 49'ers football recently?

he took mike singletary's talent, did some good things, then ran that team into the ground.

thank god you mentioned this....took over a loaded teams with #1 picks all over the field - he's a descent coach but he's not gonna out coach anyone, he's looking to be the coach/gm with total control ....not here bud.

AND he's available why again??????