Anyone else sick of Eric Wood?

GrizzlyAdams

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to hijack this awesome thread, but what's truly remarkable is that almost to a man, one could say that every player on the Bills' defense improved this season and every player on offense regressed.

That's coaching.

Agreed

He's one of the best Cs in the NFL. He is surrounded by dog poo and plays for a terrible OC. He's not even close to being a problem.

typically perennial pro bowlers are referred as "one of the best" Wood is not. A slightly above average center who early on missed a lot of games in his career.A team leader and a good one. But a guy who sucked this season.

He's one of the best Cs in the NFL. He is surrounded by dog poo and plays for a terrible OC. He's not even close to being a problem.

I've liked Wood, but he has been terrible this season. He was ragdolled a couple of times yesterday, and he should have been called for a blatant hold and takedown of Justin Tuck on the TD throw to Woods. Tuck was right to go ballistic, and he got screwed earlier in the game on a bad defensive holding call.

I've liked Wood, but he has been terrible this season. He was ragdolled a couple of times yesterday, and he should have been called for a blatant hold and takedown of Justin Tuck on the TD throw to Woods. Tuck was right to go ballistic, and he got screwed earlier in the game on a bad defensive holding call.

I said the same thing to by brother about Wood. I'm not sure his poor play is not related to the terrible gaurds he plays next to, but his play has been brought down to thiers. He may be constantly looking for which guard is going to be beat that he'll have to cover for or it's just that the injuries have taken it's toll. It's time to take a close look in Training came next year.

Joe B had him as the 31st best Bill after week 8. He hasn't played better since then, in my opinion: http://www.wgr550.co...4669?pid=436455 .

Eh, Joe B is a pretty good reporter but this really means nothing. How many people really study oline? Then you need to consider who is next to them. I'm willing to bet Wood covers up a lot for the poor Gs next to him.

Not to hijack this awesome thread, but what's truly remarkable is that almost to a man, one could say that every player on the Bills' defense improved this season and every player on offense regressed.

That's coaching.

It really is that simple. Thank you.

I, like most of you maybe, use to really like him. He said all the right things, took shots at opposing players to get the fans fired up, etc. But to hear his somber voice on WGR after every pathetic loss is sickening. On top of that, I'm also tired of seeing him get smoked by DT's on every single ALL-22 that comes out. He's not really a good player and he symbolizes the losing culture of this team. I think he needs to go and someone needs to come in here and find some talent for this O-line.

How long can we continue to blame our RB's and QB's when we can't get anything going? This line is brutal and it starts with the guys who have no stones. Get some hard nosed nasty MF'ers to come in here and change the culture of this team.

Wait....what.....

So you're saying that Marrone didn't change the culture of this team?

But what about what Brandon said?

You callin Brandon a liar?

We need some country strong athletic mean mofos on this line, I don't think anyone should be safe especially in the interior line.

This coming draft and free agency should have a heavy emphasis on rebuilding this whole unit even the bkups need to be replaced. Pears & Hairston will be free agents and Urbik & Williams should be cut.

The Bills need to draft Eric Wood replacement this yr and give him a chance to develop for a yr on the bench. EW gets over 4mil per and that's alot for a mid to lower tier center. He's definitely not top notch and if u think so ask yourself when was the last time u said what a block by Wood. He has no power and isn't as agile as he once was before he started getting injured. Let's surround him with 2 capable guards and a new experienced oline coach and we will see if he's the problem. If he is we should have his replacement ready by 2016