The QB of the Future

maverick544

I love the posters who continually post that EJ couldn't have done as well as Orton this season. Yet the team was .500 when he was benched. What's the team going to be to end the season?

What's also puzzling is that fans think Marrone and Hackett's offense is stupid, yet they think Orton is the guy that should start because Marrone knows best. You can't fix stupid. You can't have a stupid head coach become smart with his most important decision which is who's his starting QB. Marrone doesn't know anything about NFL offenses or the practice of putting his players in the best position to have success and he's riding the coat tails of his top NFL defense. Since Marrone is so stupid, I see no way that he keeps his job and I think that him staying with Orton after his performance nose-dived was probably the wrong one because he just doesn't have a clue in what he's doing.

I hope that the Bills will be smart and hire Frank Reich as their next head coach. The guy knows offense, he's been an NFL QB, he's been a member of a team that went to four Superbowls, he learned under Marv Levy, he knows the Bills, he's ready to be our head coach and get EJ Manuel in the proper position to be a successful. Reich did a masterful play calling job in that SD/49er game the other night. I see no way the new owners keep such a clueless man in Marrone as their head coach. He may be a good college head coach, but he is lost as an NFL head coach. Remember when Marv Levy made adjustments during half times? This guy Marrone can't make an adjustment after 15 games of something not working.

Edited by 1billsfan

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cut Orton NOW go with EJ

I have no problem with Marrone starting Manuel now to give him a little more experience, particularly if they still think Manuel has a chance of being a decent player. But what would be the reason for cutting Orton now? Like it or not (and I don't), Orton may end up being the best choice for the Bills at QB next season as well given the upcoming draft situation and probable free agents.

i get the venom, but be realistic. Whaley isn't paid to 'sell' the team to the public, Brandon is - and as much as Cutler's efforts on the field are despised by NFL fans everywhere, Russ the magician will market his acquisition as the missing ingredient to a team that's ready to win now. The last chance coaches will say all the right things, and another season will appear and disappear before they're all tossed over the falls.

You know, a few years ago I would have been right on board with your line of thought. I really thought the Bills front office had to give fans something to be optimistic about in order to sell season tickets and sell out games. But this year changed my line of thinking. Coming into this season this year, ticket sales were very robust and the only real selling point was stadium renovations and EJ 2.0. Neither of those should have sold squat for tickets. I think that the NFL has become so popular in Ontario Canada, that the Bills are going to sell more tickets to Canada each year regardless of whether they have a winning team or any reason at all for local fans to be optimistic. There really are that many Canadians at the game. It seems like each game there are more and more. Bills ticket sales will be just fine even if we went into next year with zero changes. Even if the local fans were revolting. This franchise is set.

Kyle ain't all that great, but with the abysmal "pass protection" he gets and the complete lack of a running game, we're toast owith EJ or Kyle or Tuel Time for that matter. Yeah, with Big Ben we may have been able to win. But we don't have a QB LIke that and likely won't next year either.

Not to mention Kyle is running a Pop Warner offense that is simple and predictable.

+1. He's not Rodgers but with his statuesque mobility, you need an OL and this OL is two guards away from being a good MAC OL.

If Orton is the QB next year, I'll be watching other things on TV during my Sundays. Not gonna sit through another 17 weeks of mediocrity. Pegula needs to clean house. I'm sick of the revolving door at QB, head coach, defensive coordinator, offensive coordinator etc....I'm not gonna deal with futility and football purgatory anymore. 15 years is enough. I mean the freaking Arizona Cardinals even figured it out.

So you want TPegs to clean house yet complain about the revolving door that has been going on for 15 years. Yeah that's it, makes total sense. Let's fire the best HC we have had in 15 years and start all over again. :wallbash:

+1. He's not Rodgers but with his statuesque mobility, you need an OL and this OL is two guards away from being a good MAC OL.

First we need the new offensive line coach. Greg Roman or Tony Sparano, then 2 Athletic Guards & step 3 is Cordy & Henderson getting into the gym. C & H both need great off seasons. These 2 guys need some more strength and conditioning. There both to big they need to lose at least 20lbs each. Cordy might need to lose 30lbs. These 2 tackles are horrible in space and can't push anyone in the run gm..

no way they keep Orton next year at $7 mil. he gets cut or gets a new deal at backup pay.

whaley will try to sign another best available veteran free agent QB, depending on who becomes available.

EJ stays no matter what. he will get every chance to be the starter.

keep the talent you have at a reasonable price, if your going clean house clean it out all the way, from GM on Down get a coaching staff that runs this team from locker room out with fire and passion

I, don't like him but bring In Rex Ryan and give him the keys, and let him drive the bus, right now this team has nothing to lose and eveything to gain

who is the only coach to challenge the Pats this year and over the last 5- Rex Ryan

Listened to Russell Wilson last night post game, he came across over and over Seattle overcomes, "because the whole team believes in each other, from the coaches on down can't say that for the Bills

I hate the idea of Orton but where is the available upgrade. This really sucks

That's exactly how I feel.

I know this is wrong but I need a laugh today

next Bills QB

Chad "machine gun" Kelly

Haha - I hadn't noticed how literal he got!

draft O line and qb's next year. Nothing else. I want two new qb's, Orton gone, EJ competing in camp to win his job back from the rookies.

All free agent qb's are garbage, it's why they're free agents. Cutler is no good anymore, he's really bad and has a ****ty locker room vibe.

Our only hope now is to draft a few qb's and hope we get a mid round steal like NE and Seattle did.

We know what we have with Orton & it isn't good enough so there isn't any reason to keep him. EJ is still young so we need to see if the coaching staff has been able to develop him. We also still have Tuel, who has a good arm & footwork so the cupboard isn't empty yet.