Offensive line is the Achilles Heel.

Nitro

The Offensive line, primarily the guards, has made this team hard to watch when they have the ball. Oakland imposed their will and the running game, no matter who ran the ball, was shut down. Orton had happy feet every time he dropped back to pass. Like in many games there was huge stretches where the offense was stagnant. Infusion of talent is needed. If you have a strong line, the offense will improve. Even QBs with erratic throwing tendencies.

While Orton had a rough game and the running backs did nothing running the ball the blame will not be placed on the OL. It will be placed on Orton for this INT. It will be placed on all of the mistakes Orton made, again.

The running game has been awful and the OL has been disastrous. Orton isn't our weakest link or the worst player on the team but he may be our biggest liability.

The O Line needs to be improved badly.

But the QB position is BY FAR the most important in NFL football and we don't have one.

Ya think that's maybe a bigger problem?

Does Orton's play improve marginally with a great O line? Probably.

Is it enough to transform this team's offense?

No.

We need a QB!

The Offensive line, primarily the guards, has made this team hard to watch when they have the ball. Oakland imposed their will and the running game, no matter who ran the ball, was shut down. Orton had happy feet every time he dropped back to pass. Like in many games there was huge stretches where the offense was stagnant. Infusion of talent is needed. If you have a strong line, the offense will improve. Even QBs with erratic throwing tendencies.

It will be going on three years now that this FO has failed to properly upgrade the line after letting LG Andy Levitre walk, and his backup at OG in Chad Rinehart who has been a solid starter in San Diego since he left.

Then the Bills offensive scouts have some serious issues when you consider that should the Bills have not been able to trade up for Sammy, they would have drafted Eric Ebron #1, and Cyrus Kounandjio #2. The #7 draft pick at OT is a starter, and the second rounder stinks. if the players drafted were switched, Kouandjio would have been cut long ago.

He called out the line in the post game news conference.

With good reason, as he wanted more changes at the OG position in the off season, and was told by the FO that the players he had on the roster were good enough.

Like I said its going to be three years since Andy Levitre, and still nobody even close to comparable to replace him. FO failure! Offensive scouts Failure!

Ive never seen a line that has absolutely no push---look at our redzone running struggles and are so un-athletic. Watching these guys block in space is like watching 300 lb drunks stagger out of a bar at closing time.

Edited by billsfan714

O line is terrible. Nate Hackett is terrible. Orton is not good. Unwatchable football. I think a better o coordinator could put a few more favorable plays together. Your O line is bad? How about some quick routes to your star WR, that attack the middle of the field? Constantly trying to throw for two yards in the flat to Hogan and Chandler. I just have no explanation for it. Hackett has absolutely no clue what he's doing. Not a clue.

With good reason, as he wanted more changes at the OG position in the off season, and was told by the FO that the players he had on the roster were good enough.

Like I said its going to be three years since Andy Levitre, and still nobody even close to comparable to replace him. FO failure! Offensive scouts Failure!

Levitre has been average.

For the life of me I will never understand Hackfuk's infatuation with calling screen passes when the line has no linemen capable of pulling and blocking for them.

You mean that amazing screen pass when Urbik got out in front to make his block and then fell flat on his face, with his T. Rex arms splayed out in front of himself? That to me summed up this offense.

You mean that amazing screen pass when Urbik got out in front to make his block and then fell flat on his face, with his T. Rex arms splayed out in front of himself? That to me summed up this offense.

Don't forget about the dozen plus times they try running Pears out on the same screen. Pears makes Ubrik look graceful on those pulls in comparison.

:P You're right, that's an image to sum up the entire offensive ineptitude this year. It was truly pathetic

The guard play this year was terrible, but I am not sure if Henderson or Wood was much better. Better o-line play would have helped with the running game, but neither Orton nor EJ are the answer at QB, and the offense will continue to have problems until we find a quality QB.