Unsportsman like conduct

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

And Lawson got abused on a long bronc run. He was likely held but he was way too far inside to hold the edge.

He's lost contain a few times for major gains on the ground recently. But AW whiffing on that is much worse.

He's lost contain a few times for major gains on the ground recently. But AW whiffing on that is much worse.

Agree- but it was shades of wanny on that play. They didn't fit it up. Overpursuit upfront made it a tougher player on the safety and when the safety missteps it's a huge gain.

Agree- but it was shades of wanny on that play. They didn't fit it up. Overpursuit upfront made it a tougher player on the safety and when the safety missteps it's a huge gain.

I have watched the replay and I can't decide if Lawson overpursued inside or if his blocker just did a really good job. Didn't look like holding, but it did look like he may have been forced inside.

http://www.nfl.com/g...0484&tab=videos

watch Anderson's highlights on the 3rd rushing TD Hughes is the right DE, 3rd qtr 12' mark.

Thanks, I do see him there.

Edited by Big C

I have watched the replay and I can't decide if Lawson overpursued inside or if his blocker just did a really good job. Didn't look like holding, but it did look like he may have been forced inside.

Thanks, I do see him there.

I'm not sure how long it was. Guys on radio say it was a long time. He was in for a couple plays then out again.

if you are disturbed by strange official calls at even stranger points of a game, Maybe reading THE FIX IS IN, will help, it may explain what a lot of us suspect from time to time when it comes to the game being on the up and up, former pro Peter Gent's THE FRANCHIZE is another possibility

not a Browns fan but there was some questionable call in that game too, waiting to see Brown's head coach is fined for post comments about officials

Edited by rumblefish

if you are disturbed by strange official calls at even stranger points of a game, Maybe reading THE FIX IS IN, will help, it may explain what a lot of us suspect from time to time when it comes to the game being on the up and up, former pro Peter Gent's THE FRANCHIZE is another possibility

on the flip side, if you are convinced the fix is in I encourage you to enjoy a Sunday afternoon with friends and family partaking in something you will enjoy more than being on the losing side of a conspiracy.

It has become obvious to me that the NFL is becoming more and more like the WWF. It is not just the obvious bias of the refs, it is the TV networks not showing replays of the bad calls and those calling the game not calling out the refs about their bias in games.

Unfortunately it is in the NFL's and the network broadcasters' best interest to get the right demograhic matchups in the post season with the teams, players and matchups that will be the most popular and generate the highest viewership and post regular season revenue. There is a real bias in the way the refs and the rules are helping to mold the flow of the game toward the best playoff/Superbowl matchups.Like the WWF the game is becoming more and more about being an entertaiment product to be maximized for business purposes, and less and less about it being a true sport.

Edited by simpleman

It has become obvious to me that the NFL is becoming more and more like the WWF. It is not just the obvious bias of the refs, it is the TV networks not showing replays of the bad calls and those calling the game not calling out the refs about their bias in games.

Unfortunately it is in the NFL's and the network broadcasters' best interest to get the right demograhic matchups in the post season with the teams, players and matchups that will be the most popular and generate the highest viewership and post regular season revenue. There is a real bias in the way the refs and the rules are helping to mold the flow of the game toward the best playoff/Superbowl matchups.

What bad calls didn't they show a replay of yesterday? The only one I can think of is the holding call on Corey Graham. Every other call was replayed at least twice.

Unfortunately it is in the NFL's and the network broadcasters' best interest to get the right demograhic matchups in the post season with the teams, players and matchups that will be the most popular and generate the highest viewership and post regular season revenue. There is a real bias in the way the refs and the rules are helping to mold the flow of the game toward the best playoff/Superbowl matchups.

I don't think there's any formal policy of bias in the league but its obvious that individual officials and crews, along with league officials have established an informal culture to hold different teams and different players to different set of standards. Seattles secondary can climb all over receivers all the way down the field for the entire play and not get called for illegal contact but the Browns or Bills cannot. Gronkowski can push off the defender to get separation on every single play but Candler cannot. Hughes gets called for taunting but JJ Watt does not. And on and on.

When we had the replacement officials a couple years ago I liked the fact that their mistakes were at least unbiased. Only when a marquee team got screwed in a pivotal game did the league look to bring back the regular officials. That said it all to me at the time and spoke loud and clear of the need to restore the bias immediately.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

What bad calls didn't they show a replay of yesterday? The only one I can think of is the holding call on Corey Graham. Every other call was replayed at least twice.

they even called out the gilmore one pretty openly.

they didnt show all the penalties, but i cant say that makes them bad calls and a hidden agenda though.

they even called out the gilmore one pretty openly.

they didnt show all the penalties, but i cant say that makes them bad calls and a hidden agenda though.

Agreed.

There were some very bad calls yesterday--the Gilmore and Robey penalties among them. There were also some criminally stupid plays by the Bills, like Pears' PF penalty and another Jerry Hughes unsportsmanlike conduct penalty after a play.

Officials have sucked for years. The guy in the booth should have power to overturn the $h!tty calls they make throughout the course of the game. And to make calls they miss. Like the guy (Lee Snith) who doesn't have a helmet on getting heabutted by a guy with a hemet on? Probably should have been a penalty. But what do I know....

Did you think Robey committed a penalty? The Gilmore call was a crucial one. The two penalties on the INT returns took them out of great field position--I don't think they ever showed replays of those, so I can't judge. Those are minimum 6 points taken away from the Bills and two scores given to the Broncos.

That was absolutely no penalty and it set the tone for the game.

Seeing the ticky tacky illegal contact call which kept Denver's first scoring drive alive and then watching Kyle Williams get mugged on the 38 yard pass to Welker left a pretty bad taste in my mouth early. It seems that stopping Denver on 3rd down is illegal.

Regarding the Pears personal foul.... Go back and listen. His hit came well before the whistle and was against a guy pursing the play. Complete bull.

NFL needs to implement electronic and audible whistles.(one device) Totally feasible w/ todays technology. Then, bs calls like the one on Pears could be reviewed. since 99% of fans can't hear the whistle...either in the stands or on TV...this would make the game more understandable. Kind of like the fake yellow lines on the field for the TV broadcast.....a visible indication of "end of play" which is what the whistle is intended to tell players.