Unsportsman like conduct

Did you think Robey committed a penalty? The Gilmore call was a crucial one. The two penalties on the INT returns took them out of great field position--I don't think they ever showed replays of those, so I can't judge. Those are minimum 6 points taken away from the Bills and two scores given to the Broncos.

Did you think Robey committed a penalty? The Gilmore call was a crucial one. The two penalties on the INT returns took them out of great field position--I don't think they ever showed replays of those, so I can't judge. Those are minimum 6 points taken away from the Bills and two scores given to the Broncos.

Robey did NOT commit a penalty. That sort of neglible contact happens on virtually every play. It was a horrible call that gave the Broncos 4 extra points and vacated a great defensive play by Robey.

Regarding the Pears personal foul.... Go back and listen. His hit came well before the whistle and was against a guy pursing the play. Complete bull.

That was totally the right call. Inexcusable play by Pears.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

How? Peyton needs an unfettered playoff berth to be interesting in the markets eyes.

If your supposition is a fixed game would have favored the bills, well I just don't see it.

is denver with a 2 game lead in the division as compelling to watch the next 3 weeks? they can clinch the division two weeks early. is buffalo eliminated good for the oakland or NE matchups? and additionally the possibility of the wild card getting sorted out earlier for teams?

having a scrum down the stretch where ANYTHING could happen is pretty good for ratings coast to coast. yea, denver as a 1 seed is good too, but i dont think theres a very high incentive to screw us here

I didn't like the call for the hit on Sanders at all when I saw the replay, BUT in real-time, the hit cause a very loud click that only happens when one helmet hits another. I'm convinced the refs called the hit largely based on the sound.

I didn't like the call for the hit on Sanders at all when I saw the replay, BUT in real-time, the hit cause a very loud click that only happens when one helmet hits another. I'm convinced the refs called the hit largely based on the sound.

that wasnt even the call - it was PI, which is why they accepted the hughes personal foul (more yardage). gilmore got there early, not high.

that wasnt even the call - it was PI, which is why they accepted the hughes personal foul (more yardage). gilmore got there early, not high.

You're right. But I couldn't, and still can't really get my head around it. Except for the hit being more brutal than the NFL would like, I didn't see anything wrong at all. The timing looked perfect to me. I still think they threw the flag first, then talked about it and maybe decided the hit was legal after discussion.

Am I just a homer, or did he really get there early?

You're right. But I couldn't, and still can't really get my head around it. Except for the hit being more brutal than the NFL would like, I didn't see anything wrong at all. The timing looked perfect to me. I still think they threw the flag first, then talked about it and maybe decided the hit was legal after discussion.

Am I just a homer, or did he really get there early?

watch the replay -- the best still frame i could get gilmore seemed to hit between the ball and the receiver (ie im trying to describe that it seemed like he interrupted the path to the ball), but it was very close. it looked a tiny bit early, but with a DB, "perfect timing" is at high risk of a flag.

E Sanders takes a hit in the shoulder rips his own helmet off while rolling on the ground,lays there like he's dead then gets up prancing and giving the toss the flag sign finally bowing to the home crowd

Now if all that is not unsportsmanlike, then Jerry must have really gave an earful to the zebra to deserve his call.

Honestly, I just logged on to post about this, and there is already a thread. I don't understand the NFL anymore.

watch the replay -- the best still frame i could get gilmore seemed to hit between the ball and the receiver (ie im trying to describe that it seemed like he interrupted the path to the ball), but it was very close. it looked a tiny bit early, but with a DB, "perfect timing" is at high risk of a flag.

So, stupid question: by the rules, does a DB need to wait for the ball to get to a WRs fingertips, or further before making contact? I always assumed it was at any touch the ball "got to the WR" and they are fair game to hit/disrupt.

So, stupid question: by the rules, does a DB need to wait for the ball to get to a WRs fingertips, or further before making contact? I always assumed it was at any touch the ball "got to the WR" and they are fair game to hit/disrupt.

just rewatched, and got a freeze of gilmore contacting and the ball far from arrived (used loosely as even a yard or two from the receiver is fractions of a fraction of a second). id post, but i assume i would have to print screen upload it to a file sharing account then link?

its right at 27 seconds here:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2014120710/2014/REG14/bills@broncos#menu=gameinfo|contentId%3A0ap3000000440541&tab=videos

Edited by NoSaint

The Robey call was close but a bad call. The Gilmore call was very close but a bad call. The Gilmore one was somewhat understandable because at real speed it looked like he took his head off. On replay it was clearly a bad call. But both were close. We were killed by the two blocks in the back but we never saw replays. We can't say at all if they were bad calls. It's impossible to believe in a conspiracy though.

You would like to think that if the calls are too close to call that they would exercise overall judgement.

I could understand that if this was a call made somewhere down the field in first down territory and the ref believes that there was a decent chance that there was a penalty that he would feel the need to call it. But on this particular play, where the receiver had NO shot of making the first down and that a "maybe so, maybe not" penalty such as this extends the drive on what was a drive killing third down play, to give Denver a second opportunity is from my view point, maddening.

BTW, just watched the first the first INT return, and not only does it look like KW is in fact holding right at the 50, there is a block in the back on Sanders by, i think Searcy, that was not called at about the 36. I would not have called it either, but there is contact with his back from behind.

For those with DVR, please look, pretty clear

Edited by plenzmd1

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/rulebook/pdfs/11_Rule8_ForwardPass_BackPass_Fumble.pdf

It is pass interference by either team when any act by a player more than one yard beyond the line of scrimmage significantly hinders the progress of an eligible receiver’s opportunity to catch the ball. Pass interference can only occur when a forward pass is thrown from behind the line of scrimmage, regardless of whether the pass is legal or illegal, or whether it crosses the line.

llegal, or whether it crosses the line.

is denver with a 2 game lead in the division as compelling to watch the next 3 weeks? they can clinch the division two weeks early. is buffalo eliminated good for the oakland or NE matchups? and additionally the possibility of the wild card getting sorted out earlier for teams?

having a scrum down the stretch where ANYTHING could happen is pretty good for ratings coast to coast. yea, denver as a 1 seed is good too, but i dont think theres a very high incentive to screw us here

I'm not sure I agree. Watching manning win is what the average NFL warher wants to see. A very small fraction of the NFL universe cares about the bills playoff chances.

I'm not sure I agree. Watching manning win is what the average NFL warher wants to see. A very small fraction of the NFL universe cares about the bills playoff chances.

my point was its not just the bills - its the bills, it might make several denver games less meaningful down the stretch, it likely helps make the wildcard a little less exciting, the chiefs now have no shot at the division.... the ripples in a bills win extend further then buffalo vs oakland.

i wont even argue bills win is better for them, but that its not the landslide that many think

When one reads the NFL rulebook, it appears that the PI call is incorrect. See Section 5 (Pass Interference) Article 3 (Permissible Acts by both teams while the ball is in the air), Note 2:

Acts that do not occur more than one yard beyond the line of scrimmage are not pass interference, but could bedefensive holding (see 12-1-6).

The pass was clearly thrown behind the LOS.

Not a penalty.

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/rulebook/pdfs/11_Rule8_ForwardPass_BackPass_Fumble.pdf

The Robey call was close but a bad call. The Gilmore call was very close but a bad call. The Gilmore one was somewhat understandable because at real speed it looked like he took his head off. On replay it was clearly a bad call. But both were close. We were killed by the two blocks in the back but we never saw replays. We can't say at all if they were bad calls. It's impossible to believe in a conspiracy though.

I get it. It was a close call. But it almost seems that people think Gilmore was called for unnecessary roughness. It was pass interference. And he got there a second early. Hughes got the personal foul. I dont understand what difference it makes where he hit Sanders or Sanders reaction. It just matters if her were early. Which he was. But I loved the play

I get it. It was a close call. But it almost seems that people think Gilmore was called for unnecessary roughness. It was pass interference. And he got there a second early. Hughes got the personal foul. I dont understand what difference it makes where he hit Sanders or Sanders reaction. It just matters if her were early. Which he was. But I loved the play

Surprisingly, that's not what the rule says (see above)

Calls are always subjective by refs. Of course if you are the new england patriots and a call cost you points then the competition committee immediately starts talking about a new rule change next season. Call in question, helmet to helmet that wasn't. resulting fumble and return for td disallowed. Only the patriots get new changes when wrong is done by officials .think tuck rule.