Marrone Hackett Seal Their Fate

coltrane34

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The team is going to end up 8-8 or 7-9. Overall this has been a season of hope - let's face it, the team hasn't had a meaningful game this late in the season since maybe the last century....I actually feel pretty good about next year with this defense....all of that tells me we're stuck with Marrone. Hackett could get the boot though....but TP's not going to can Marrone

So ya think Denver's game plan had any influence on Manning's numbers? Using your logic, the Bills should have won this game easily because they were better in every critical OFFENSIVE statistic....well, they had twice as many penalties/yards as Denver too. Is this y'all's first year watching NFL football? LOL

Please, man. It's not like Manning didn't get his shots. He took those shots and was picked twice. I'm not really sure what "logic" you are referring to, nor am I sure what you're trying to argue.

The team is going to end up 8-8 or 7-9. Overall this has been a season of hope - let's face it, the team hasn't had a meaningful game this late in the season since maybe the last century....I actually feel pretty good about next year with this defense....all of that tells me we're stuck with Marrone. Hackett could get the boot though....but TP's not going to can Marrone

I do feel like this has been a good season overall, with reasons for optimism. As long as we re-sign our key free agents on the defense, I like our chances next year. But we are in the present and I still want wins!

Edited by Big C

Orton was really bad. Embarrassing at times. I don't know what was most responsible for this loss, but it's between Orton and the Marrone Hackett offense. We have a bunch of playmakers. Get them the freaking ball. A lot of it, or half of it I blame on Orton. But it would be simple for the coach or OC to tell his QB get the ball downfield. Our best players are Sammy and Woods and Freddy. They wasted half the game on three yard plays. Even the TD to Hogan was a four yard pass and only reason it worked was a semi pick by Sammy and then a good block by him. We did that all day.

This really does summarize it. We don't have a QB on the roster who can play in this league, and the offensive scheme is simply amateurish. They are running a college offense featuring 3-yard out patterns, run by a QB who is a fat toad and who was sitting on his couch in August until $5 million big ones were dangled in front of his face. Some of Orton's throws were, indeed, embarrassingly bad, and his slide short of the marker on 3rd down sealed it for me - this guy is counting his money, he's not in it to win games in December (much less January). It's a perfect storm of idiocy at OBD right now. And it's a shame because this is a playoff defense whose talent and effort are being squandered.

I don't understand the optimism talk if they finish 7-9. They said they would be a playoff team this year. Whaley used it as the reason why giving up a 1st rounder next year was ok. They are realistically not going to the playoffs and losing the last 4 (or really even 3 of 4) games of the season would not be an optimistic end to the season no matter who they are playing against in those games. Who will be held accountable?

Edited by Pondslider

Lotta garbage time pileup in those numbers.

I expected that response, and to a small degree yes. However, they moved the ball well most of the time. Early on they stalled just as they were getting into Denver territory. Orton's first INT ruined a good drive (Chandler was open on that play). They moved ball pretty well against a good D in their house. This game turned on the Ref's calls.

I don't understand the optimism talk if they finish 7-9. They said they would be a playoff team this year. Whaley used it as the reason why giving up a 1st rounder next year was ok. They are realistically not going to the playoffs and losing the last 4 (or really even 3 of 4) games of the season would not be an optimistic end to the season no matter who they are playing in those games. Who will be held accountable?

Exactly. Realistically we have 1-2 more wins than last year. Not acceptable. Especially when their losses are due to poor execution, playcalling, penalties... Coaches must go. If Marrone wont fire Hackett and hire a legitt offensive cooridnator then he must go too.

Those 2-3 bad calls changed the whole game. Bottom line.

The refs were blatantly bias ! On the CJ Anderson TD that shouldn't have been a TD because his elbow was down before the ball crossed the line the refs fist bumped .

On a CJ Anderson run out of bounds before the end of the first half when Anderson was coming back in bounds one of the refs patted Anderson on the ass like a coach or same team player would do after a good play :huh: ...

WTF Someone needs to bring that to the NFL's attention . If they are going to give the game away at least do it under cover !!

I feel sorry for this great defense. Head and offensive coaches have no feel for the game. Hackett thought he was on fire with all of the reverse runs and screens. But continuously throwing for one yard is not illuminating. Going for it in the first quarter 4th and 6? Then not going fo it 4-1 in the 4th quarter down 14? Marrone/Hackett are trying to outsmart teams which is difficult when you are a college coach working in the NFL. This defense holds manning to his worst game in a long time only to have our offense defeat itself? These coaches must go. We finally have legit players. Now we need better that college JV coaches to lead this team. Pegula please clean house.

The defense is good not great. No coach is going to get much production with a bad online and no qb

Marrone and Hackett and Pettine/Schwartz have made the Bills relevant in December(and we still have a 41.6% chance if we win out) for the first time in 10 years.

And that means they've sealed their fate? :wacko::lol: :lol: Yet another dude trying to disprove the "Bills fans are the most knowledgeable in the NFL" adage.

Seriously. The go in as 9.5 dogs, and not only cover, but make it a game after making all sorts of execution(not coaching) errors, and you're talking about 4th down calls? :wacko: If Chandler goes up and gets the ball on 4th and 6? This is a different game. That was a great call, and we have to expect Chandler to make that play. Meanwhile with the game on the line, you want us to take a chance that if we miss, we have 0 chance, rather than punt, and still have a chance? We scored a TD right after punting. :wallbash:

So tired of this broken record/non-thinking about Marrone/Hackett. The man has done a hell of a job with at best average(right now) QBs and losing both his stud RBs for much of the season, and is playing WRs who haven't played for 3 years(used to be the rule that it takes that long for a WR to learn the game).

I don't know where in WNY this non-thinking originates, but if I find it, I will respond. Perhaps I will pay a farmer to drop 1 ton of manure there.

:lol:

This is what I mean when I say "The Bills are not your problem".

EDIT: We go in and give the best team in the league, and the best QB to ever play the game, hell, and his worst rating in 6 years, and that seals fates? :lol: Patently retarded.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

The refs were blatantly bias ! On the CJ Anderson TD that shouldn't have been a TD because his elbow was down before the ball crossed the line the refs fist bumped .

I think it wasn't a TD but I don't fault the refs on that. There was not a replay that showed he didn't get in. You can't use two replays to show what happened. If you could it would have shown he was down. But there wasn't one shot that showed it.

This really does summarize it. We don't have a QB on the roster who can play in this league, and the offensive scheme is simply amateurish. They are running a college offense featuring 3-yard out patterns, run by a QB who is a fat toad and who was sitting on his couch in August until $5 million big ones were dangled in front of his face. Some of Orton's throws were, indeed, embarrassingly bad, and his slide short of the marker on 3rd down sealed it for me - this guy is counting his money, he's not in it to win games in December (much less January). It's a perfect storm of idiocy at OBD right now. And it's a shame because this is a playoff defense whose talent and effort are being squandered.

The slide short was appalling......and okay I'm going to say it.....made me miss Fitzy.....he would have put that 48 on the Wonderlic head in harms way and got the first down!

Marrone and Hackett and Pettine/Schwartz have made the Bills relevant in December(and we still have a 41.6% chance if we win out) for the first time in 10 years.

And that means they've sealed their fate? :wacko::lol: :lol: Yet another dude trying to disprove the "Bills fans are the most knowledgeable in the NFL" adage.

Seriously. The go in as 9.5 dogs, and not only cover, but make it a game after making all sorts of execution(not coaching) errors, and you're talking about 4th down calls? :wacko: If Chandler goes up and gets the ball on 4th and 6? This is a different game. That was a great call, and we have to expect Chandler to make that play. Meanwhile with the game on the line, you want us to take a chance that if we miss, we have 0 chance, rather than punt, and still have a chance? We scored a TD right after punting. :wallbash:

So tired of this broken record/non-thinking about Marrone/Hackett. The man has done a hell of a job with at best average(right now) QBs and losing both his stud RBs for much of the season, and is playing WRs who haven't played for 3 years(used to be the rule that it takes that long for a WR to learn the game).

I don't know where in WNY this non-thinking originates, but if I find it, I will respond. Perhaps I will pay a farmer to drop 1 ton of manure there.

EDIT: We go in and give the best team in the league, and the best QB to ever play the game, hell, and his worst rating in 6 years, and that seals fates? :lol: Patently retarded.

Great Post

if their fate was returning for a third season ....your right on

why would such a wonderful coach possible get fired ???????

Because the world isn't governed by simple, black and white rules and there is a lot more that goes into coaching hiring and firing than raw competence or lack thereof.

Agreed

Meanwhile with the game on the line, you want us to take a chance that if we miss, we have 0 chance, rather than punt, and still have a chance? We scored a TD right after punting. :wallbash:

They did not score a TD "right after" punting. They scored a TD about 3 minutes after punting which left them with little chance to win anyway. By punting on 4th and 2 they traded 2 timeouts and about 1:30 of time to end up with almost the exact same field position and they had ANOTHER 4th down play to make anyway. The defense did a great job getting the ball back to the offense, but it was not the right call.

Wow. If you can't see that these coaches are over their heads then you are watching a different team. They displayed in the first quarter that this game is all or nothing. If they held to that standard all of their third down playcalls should have been different knowing that they were going to go for it on forth. Trying to screen or pull blockers in the same way every play is not innovative. They may have found a weakness but they tried to exploit it every play for 1-3 yards for 3 quarters. That is not going to win NFL Games. Gotta find the weakness and strike for td's. I admit it was better than watching rb dives up the gut all game. But if their fourth down calls we ok for you then their third down calls must have truly been their downfall.