Marrone Hackett Seal Their Fate

coltrane34

I can't say the Defense is great. Front four got NO pressure, I don't see one sack in the stat column against one of the greatest statues at QB in NFL history. DB's lack a lot to be desired as seen this season. Get Kiko back and the LB's are really solid.

We are a good defense, but far from Great.

That said, see my post on season record. I hope Pegula fires EVERYONE.

Its hard to sack a QB when your main focus is stopping the run and the QB is throwing quick passes. And it's not like we picked him off twice after great plays by our DBs

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't say the Defense is great. Front four got NO pressure, I don't see one sack in the stat column against one of the greatest statues at QB in NFL history. DB's lack a lot to be desired as seen this season. Get Kiko back and the LB's are really solid.

We are a good defense, but far from Great.

That said, see my post on season record. I hope Pegula fires EVERYONE.

Thanks for your post Mike Rodak. The Bills held Peyton to his worst day in 6 years, no TDs, 2 picks, and you write this? I wish you would pick another team to follow.

Orton threw for 355 yards. He wasn't the problem. The problem was 15 runs compared to 57 pass plays.

i respectfully disagree there, he got 355 of the worst looking yards ever obtained by a professional qb. the dink and dunk, overthrow, underthrow, off time throws were bad. don't get me wrong, there was plenty of awful sprayed around by just about everyone for most of the game. but in the end, the "we need a new qb" buzzer was going off mighty loudly at my house. i am not trying to blame this game on kyle orton, i am just saying that it appeared to me that we need a lot more out of that position going forward. how we get it....i have no idea.

I feel sorry for this great defense. Head and offensive coaches have no feel for the game. Hackett thought he was on fire with all of the reverse runs and screens. But continuously throwing for one yard is not illuminating. Going for it in the first quarter 4th and 6? Then not going fo it 4-1 in the 4th quarter down 14? Marrone/Hackett are trying to outsmart teams which is difficult when you are a college coach working in the NFL. This defense holds manning to his worst game in a long time only to have our offense defeat itself? These coaches must go. We finally have legit players. Now we need better that college JV coaches to lead this team. Pegula please clean house.

As I predicted. the sky is falling.

Orton threw for 355 yards. He wasn't the problem. The problem was 15 runs compared to 57 pass plays.

JC he threw a pick in the red zone! moves the ball down the field and choked badly on the throw. He also took the early dive on a critical 3rd down scramble. Finally, call me crazy, but had I not watched the game, looking at the bills drives in the 4th quarter, I'd have thought WE were milking the big lead. He played just well enough to have us lose by 7.

Statistically, that was Peyton's worst game in six years. This defense is great.

He's failing to take into account that a large part of the Bronco's offensive gameplan was to not give our Dline time to get to him. Shorter routes and less called passes. The defense did very well. Offense failed yet again.

I get your point, but Orton's accuracy is pretty much just as bad if not worse. Orton couldn't hit plenty of open receivers today.

It pains me to no end to read Orton backers on this page. He is brutal. He missed so many wide open receivers today, most on over throws. And the fetal thing he does where he turns his back and hunches over preparing to be hit....FREAKING PANZY. A complete wasted season with him behind center. We don't have a thing to show for it....NOTHING. UGGG I honestly believe Tuel could have had a comparable season with this defense. I won't bring up the other guy because apparently he is inaccurate?!

How about orton sliding? One yard to get and sliding? I Miss Fitzy

The slide was terrible. His two give up sacks in the pocket were equally terrible. Orton was awful today. Not getting Sammy involved early was criminal again by the coaching staff. Benching Hughes like this is college was terrible and cost the team seven, if not ten points! Today was frustrating on many, many levels but that slide summed up everything I needed to know about Orton.

I feel sorry for this great defense. Head and offensive coaches have no feel for the game. Hackett thought he was on fire with all of the reverse runs and screens. But continuously throwing for one yard is not illuminating. Going for it in the first quarter 4th and 6? Then not going fo it 4-1 in the 4th quarter down 14? Marrone/Hackett are trying to outsmart teams which is difficult when you are a college coach working in the NFL. This defense holds manning to his worst game in a long time only to have our offense defeat itself? These coaches must go. We finally have legit players. Now we need better that college JV coaches to lead this team. Pegula please clean house.

I am not a Marrine fan but I will be surprised if he gets fired. The team is making progress and is still in the hunt with 3 games to go. Hackett on the other hand should and I think will be replaced.

Funny you mention going for it in first but not fourth quarter. I've been saying for weeks this team has a Jauron feel to it and that's exactly a Jauron way of thinking. Aggressive in first half sometimes going for it fake punts fgs etc but never in the second. This is classic coaching not to lose so when you do lose its not bc of a key decision you made.

Edited by Max997

Those 2-3 bad calls changed the whole game. Bottom line.

I usually do not go with the bad calls story but today's game is different. This totally changed the outcome of the game. The talk about the integrity of the shield but I have to say that I am beginning to really question how some teams/players seem to get all the big calls. I stopped watching boxing when I began believing that the results were manufactured and I must say I'm beginning to feel that way about the NFL.

D was fabulous...No pressure was possible with the quick throws being utilized. Went down the field deep once and got picked. Completed one other mid range pass.

yeah, but...i really would have liked to see manning hit, hurried, or at least pressured...once. i recognize, understand, and respect the game plan. but i would have liked to have seen him have to pick himself up off the turf...once.

Orton was really bad. Embarrassing at times. I don't know what was most responsible for this loss, but it's between Orton and the Marrone Hackett offense. We have a bunch of playmakers. Get them the freaking ball. A lot of it, or half of it I blame on Orton. But it would be simple for the coach or OC to tell his QB get the ball downfield. Our best players are Sammy and Woods and Freddy. They wasted half the game on three yard plays. Even the TD to Hogan was a four yard pass and only reason it worked was a semi pick by Sammy and then a good block by him. We did that all day.

I have seen no innovation from this offense regardless of the bad Qbs we have. Didnt help to re-live the bills drafting TJ Grahm instead of Russel Wilson on ESPN this morning.

I just finished watching highlights of the Seattle/Philly game. If only I had a DeLorean with a flux capacitor.

Statistically, that was Peyton's worst game in six years. This defense is great.

Thanks for your post Mike Rodak. The Bills held Peyton to his worst day in 6 years, no TDs, 2 picks, and you write this? I wish you would pick another team to follow.

So ya think Denver's game plan had any influence on Manning's numbers? Using your logic, the Bills should have won this game easily because they were better in every critical OFFENSIVE statistic....well, they had twice as many penalties/yards as Denver too. Is this y'all's first year watching NFL football? LOL