Marrone Hackett Seal Their Fate

coltrane34

I feel sorry for this great defense. Head and offensive coaches have no feel for the game. Hackett thought he was on fire with all of the reverse runs and screens. But continuously throwing for one yard is not illuminating. Going for it in the first quarter 4th and 6? Then not going fo it 4-1 in the 4th quarter down 14? Marrone/Hackett are trying to outsmart teams which is difficult when you are a college coach working in the NFL. This defense holds manning to his worst game in a long time only to have our offense defeat itself? These coaches must go. We finally have legit players. Now we need better that college JV coaches to lead this team. Pegula please clean house.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't say the Defense is great. Front four got NO pressure, I don't see one sack in the stat column against one of the greatest statues at QB in NFL history. DB's lack a lot to be desired as seen this season. Get Kiko back and the LB's are really solid.

We are a good defense, but far from Great.

That said, see my post on season record. I hope Pegula fires EVERYONE.

I can't say the Defense is great. Front four got NO pressure, I don't see one sack in the stat column against one of the greatest statues at QB in NFL history. DB's lack a lot to be desired as seen this season. Get Kiko back and the LB's are really solid.

We are a good defense, but far from Great.

That said, see my post on season record. I hope Pegula fires EVERYONE.

Statistically, that was Peyton's worst game in six years. This defense is great.

Just because Orton sucks doesn't mean that the coaching staff doesn't suck as well.

Coaching staff and QB equally must be replaced.

I won't argue that there have been games where questionable coaching calls have hurt us. But this game, no. Orton didn't find his heart til it was too late.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

I actually think Orton/Ej have been told to check down. How do you explain two completely different QBs playing the same way? Granted EJ culdnt hit an open reciever, But both seem to have Trent Edwards disease. Today was the most innovative we have seen this offense. And they rode those plays all day.

How do you explain two completely different QBs playing the same way? Granted EJ culdnt hit an open reciever,

I get your point, but Orton's accuracy is pretty much just as bad if not worse. Orton couldn't hit plenty of open receivers today.

Orton threw for 355 yards. He wasn't the problem. The problem was 15 runs compared to 57 pass plays.

Nope that wasnt it. Lots of those pass plays were well designed movement plays to the backs (evidenced by FJ's 10 catches) and were effectivielty running plays. They were also down 21-3 so....

Orton threw for 355 yards. He wasn't the problem. The problem was 15 runs compared to 57 pass plays.

That's what happens when you're down two scores early. We were running the ball and controlling the clock until the end of the second quarter. Orton threw two TERRIBLE interceptions. One cost us a touchdown.

this along with the complete and total absence of any and all pressure on peyton manning are why i will be in a foul mood for at least a little while.

D was fabulous...No pressure was possible with the quick throws being utilized. Went down the field deep once and got picked. Completed one other mid range pass.