$15 Minimum Wage Battle Moves To Other Industries

Tiberius

Walmart closing 269 stores. Forward! I'm sure that if only they paid their workers more, this wouldn't have happened. :o

Another bricks and mortar shop going the way of Blockbuster.

The closures have more to do with Walmarts business model than the minimum wage. Closing smaller stores that are in proximity to larger stores and shifting shifting to ecommerce

The closures have more to do with Walmarts business model than the minimum wage. Closing smaller stores that are in proximity to larger stores and shifting shifting to ecommerce

I get that. Amazon is knocking them in the gnads. But as I said, the $15 minimum wage could have prevented these closings... no? That's the mentality of the left.

I get that. Amazon is knocking them in the gnads. But as I said, the $15 minimum wage could have prevented these closings... no? That's the mentality of the left.

I doubt it. Retail has really shifted the past 5 plus years. I bought zero Christmas gifts at a brick and mortar this year.

it is so convenient to blame Walmart for being evil but people have wisened up their ways shopping at brick and mortars. used to be target had better quality than walmart and it would be the place to go for slightly better products; now they sell the same exact things. people only go to walmart and such places for household items - groceries and cleaning products for example. the occasional impulse buy sneaks in there, too.

but, honestly, why bother going to a store for anything but milk, eggs and beer?

I doubt it. Retail has really shifted the past 5 plus years. I bought zero Christmas gifts at a brick and mortar this year.

it is so convenient to blame Walmart for being evil but people have wisened up their ways shopping at brick and mortars. used to be target had better quality than walmart and it would be the place to go for slightly better products; now they sell the same exact things. people only go to walmart and such places for household items - groceries and cleaning products for example. the occasional impulse buy sneaks in there, too.

but, honestly, why bother going to a store for anything but milk, eggs and beer?

exactly

brick and mortar stores are morphing into more immediate needs in stock with the ability to purchase other items online and ship to the store for pickup at the consumers convenience.

exactly

brick and mortar stores are morphing into more immediate needs in stock with the ability to purchase other items online and ship to the store for pickup at the consumers convenience.

which is why dollar general, dollartree, etc are doing so well. no one is going to pay premium for crappy goods.

you can go to amazon and order jelly belly or go to the dollar store and get the jelly belly rejects they rebrand as belly flops

CALIFORNIA UNION SUBMITTED 600,000 SIGNATURES TUESDAY IN AN EFFORT TO GET ITS $15 MINIMUM WAGE BILL ON THE NOVEMBER BALLOT.

We’re they signed via auto-pen? Because that would be appropriate;

California is already learning the hard way that the true minimum wage is always zero.

china_robot_waitresses_1-6-16-1.jpg

I cringe whenever liberals point out that they make more money than the average conservative. It's only because you raised the cost of living to idiotic levels... to the point where everyone is leaving

I know someone who is moving to Santa Barbara because she was offered a (secretarial) job with better pay (a demotion). She didn't believe me when I told her that instead of her 4 bedroom house, she will only be able to afford a studio apartment there.

I showed her a website that said she would need to raise her pay 86% to maintain the same standard of living. She didn't care. To her, more money is more money...

I cringe whenever liberals point out that they make more money than the average conservative. It's only because you raised the cost of living to idiotic levels... to the point where everyone is leaving

I know someone who is moving to Santa Barbara because she was offered a (secretarial) job with better pay (a demotion). She didn't believe me when I told her that instead of her 4 bedroom house, she will only be able to afford a studio apartment there.

I showed her a website that said she would need to raise her pay 86% to maintain the same standard of living. She didn't care. To her, more money is more money...

Hell a secretary couldn't afford to live here in Oakland let alone SB.

xb63t.jpg

It's not obfuscation to point out that YOUR MATH IS WRONG.

Fed not part of government, south didn't secede over slavery math is wrong. You need a new hobby. Arguing about anything makes you happy obviously and you do not care if you are right or wrong. You are pathetic