$15 Minimum Wage Battle Moves To Other Industries

Tiberius

Have you seen a cable bill recently? And cell phone bills! Who can afford to pay for that stuff?

You're not kidding. Obviously we need the Federal gubmint to take over management of these services because the corporations are ripping us off and while they're at it, the Feds can control the content so that we all get consistent information.

Washington Post columnist Catherine Rampell wrote Monday of the defects of raising the minimum wage, which raises the question, “How the hell did this much sense get into the Post?”

Bernie Sanders, Martin O’Malley and a host of other well-intentioned liberals want to hike the federal minimum wage to $15 an hour.

This is a badly misguided idea. . .

In some parts of the country, where the cost of living is relatively steep, a $15 minimum wage might put more money into the pockets of workers while eliminating relatively few jobs. Think of cities such as New York, San Francisco, Chicago, Los Angeles, Seattle and the District, all of which have either proposed or already adopted a $15 minimum.

Even in these expensive cities, though, don’t be surprised if you see fewer busboys, grocery baggers and other low-level jobs. The higher wage floor will make at least some such positions cost-prohibitive.

I
n other, lower-cost parts of the country, however, a $15 minimum — which, remember, is more than double the current federal level — would likely throw many, many more people out of work. . . doubling the federal minimum in one fell swoop would hurt many of the workers it’s intended to protect.

I've always been a strong advocate for the mandatory sterilization as a condition of using public assistance to take care of their kids.

It also addresses the liberal mindset that people are not responsible for their actions and that others will come to their rescue when they make bad decisions.

It also addresses the liberal mindset that people are not responsible for their actions and that others will come to their rescue when they make bad decisions.

Oh, she certainly didn't think she was, though her demand that "someone be held accountable" was cringe worthy.

I've always been a strong advocate for the mandatory sterilization as a condition of using public assistance to take care of their kids.

Her fiance was arrested and put in jail? That's an outrage.See, this is why Obama has to let all these non-violent people out of jail now!!

Hey was a pharmacological entrepreneur

As long as he was only a drug dealer that's fine because that's non-violent.It's not like he would be responsible for people dying from overdoses or anything.............oh wait

Is there anyone here who doesn't think Very wide right is an idiot?

Yes, those who work for a living and those who are north of 20 years old.Hey Tom, Have you seen anymore missles hitting the Pentagon lately? LOL what a tool.

Another high level argument.Sucks when your whole ideology falls apart doesn't it? :thumbsup:

Yup, you're still an idiot.

And no, he wasn't responsible for anyone overdosing. Anyone who purchased his product and overdosed is responsible for themselves and their own choices. Any other argument is an argument in favor of nanny state liberalism. I suppose your next argument will be that guns kill people. And therefor should be banned.

As long as he was only a drug dealer that's fine because that's non-violent.It's not like he would be responsible for people dying from overdoses or anything.............oh wait

Yes, those who work for a living and those who are north of 20 years old.Hey Tom, Have you seen anymore missles hitting the Pentagon lately? LOL what a tool.

Sorry, I work for a living and am north of 20 and I think you're an idiot.

Yup, you're still an idiot.

And no, he wasn't responsible for anyone overdosing. Anyone who purchased his product and overdosed is responsible for themselves and their own choices. Any other argument is an argument in favor of nanny state liberalism. I suppose your next argument will be that guns kill people. And therefor should be banned.

Once again ,do some research.Drug dealers often are engaged in turf wars,that's right, these non-violent folks murder people and perform drive by shootings in an effort to protect their turf.

Sorry, I work for a living and am north of 20 and I think you're an idiot.

Sorry,I left out complete tools.

Is there anyone here who doesn't think Very wide right is an idiot?

I'm wondering if it's Rich in Ohio back from the dead. Maybe he figured if molson could do it via gatortard then we should have equal representation on the right.

Once again ,do some research.Drug dealers often are engaged in turf wars,that's right, these non-violent folks murder people and perform drive by shootings in an effort to protect their turf.

Sorry,I left out complete tools.

Your trolling attempts are weak and pretty pathetic. It's sad, but hey if that's what makes you believe you're important, so be it.

All those guns killing people in all those drive-bys and turf wars? Quick! Call for them to be banned!

Nanny statist liberal.