$15 Minimum Wage Battle Moves To Other Industries

Tiberius

Your trolling attempts are weak and pretty pathetic. It's sad, but hey if that's what makes you believe you're important, so be it.

I know I will regret this but, Can you explain to me how it's trolling to draw a parallel between drug dealers and turf wars? And you want to talk about weak attempts???

All those guns killing people in all those drive-bys and turf wars? Quick! Call for them to be banned!

Nanny statist liberal.

No genius, there are already laws on the books for using a firearm in a drive by shooting.This wouldn't affect a law abiding citizen.

Edited by Very wide right

Call me anything............anything but THAT!

Tom I think you're confused again,you know, like when you saw a missle take out the pentagon on 9-11.

You are really, really bad at insults. Go trade barbs with gatorman. He's more your level of witless repartee.

You are really, really bad at insults. Go trade barbs with gatorman. He's more your level of witless repartee.

Have you ever noticed that we really don't see them too much at the same time?

I know I will regret this but, Can you explain to me how it's trolling to draw a parallel between drug dealers and turf wars? And you want to talk about weak attempts???

No genius, there are already laws on the books for using a firearm in a drive by shooting.This wouldn't affect a law abiding citizen.

Go on...

Tell me more about your various aguments, lacking any semblance of logical consistency.

I haven't seen anything about this in this thread even though it is NY and happening by 2021.

http://www.syracuse.com/state/index.ssf/2015/07/new_york_raises_its_fast-food_wage_to_15_an_hour.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/23/nyregion/new-york-minimum-wage-fast-food-workers.html?_r=0

They even pulled a Grandmother out there to tell her story of forced labor:

Flavia Cabral, 53, a grandmother from the Bronx who works part-time in a McDonald’s for $8.75 an hour, pointed out the scars where fry baskets had seared her forearms. “At least they listened to us,” she said, referring to the panel. “We’re breathing little by little.”
Edited by What a Tuel

I haven't seen anything about this in this thread even though it is NY and happening by 2021.

http://www.syracuse.com/state/index.ssf/2015/07/new_york_raises_its_fast-food_wage_to_15_an_hour.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/23/nyregion/new-york-minimum-wage-fast-food-workers.html?_r=0

Because at $15 an hour those grease burns are easier to take.

$15 fast food wage in Buffalo might make it cheaper to drive to Erie for a burger.

My burrito goes up 60 cents in price, and the workers behind the counter have a better quality of life?

I'm ok with that. :)

What about the workers that are no longer behind the counters because either the boss can no longer afford them or because the store is now out of business because a bunch of self righteous kunts who never ran a business, never made a payroll, and never crunched the numbers took as cavalier an approach as you did about placing a mandatory price on labor that far exceeds market value?

I have a friend who owns 2 pizza places, works 80 hours a week, and can barely afford to pay his own bills, which are modest, while paying his inside staff $8-10/hr. I'll make sure to tell him not to worry if that **** comes here and raises his labor costs (which account for almost 1/2 his variable costs) by 50+% because some moron on a message board said adding $0.60 per pizza will cover the difference and he'd be willing to pay it. I'm sure it'll set his mind at ease.

Come to think of it, he's white, so Fu©k him anyway. Hard to feel anything for a guy who came from nothing and worked his fingers to the bone to get somewhere in life when all along he had the white privilege of knowing a lot of other people who look kind of like him are doing well.

Fare-thee-well $15 an hour fast-food helpers. Fare-thee-well!

McDonald's new Kiosk ordering stations... very popular and efficient are being introduced to US markets.

http://www.macon.com/2015/07/23/3855902/several-mcdonalds-are-in-middle.html

"McDonald’s selected 24 Middle Georgia restaurants as part of a test market for customer-ordering kiosks.

Customers can use the kiosks -- labeled as “create your taste” -- to order and personalize their burger or chicken sandwich by selecting various toppings from a touch screen kiosk."

I'm genuinely curious about the impact of kiosks on employment.

As it is, at my local McDonalds, its usually two registers. Both of them have to QC orders before handing them to the customer.

If a kiosk switch is made, I could see one register switching to someone who's main job is to assist people with the machines, and another who's main job is to now QC orders before giving them to customers. Unless the QC person ends up also being the kiosk support... not sure. On the other side, kiosk IT would require some more jobs as well.

From McDonalds perspective... does this cut down on returned meals from registers entering things incorrectly? Therefore net saving on wasted product?

While your curiosity may attempt to convince you kiosks won't change employment of people, rest assured that when a company is faced with being forced by a government that knows nothing about running a business to do something that will make the company less profitable and, subsequently, less efficient, the company WILL find alternate options.

You can't force people or companies to do things just because it strikes you as a good idea and expect everyone to comply.

What about the workers that are no longer behind the counters because either the boss can no longer afford them or because the store is now out of business because a bunch of self righteous kunts who never ran a business, never made a payroll, and never crunched the numbers took as cavalier an approach as you did about placing a mandatory price on labor that far exceeds market value?

I have a friend who owns 2 pizza places, works 80 hours a week, and can barely afford to pay his own bills, which are modest, while paying his inside staff $8-10/hr. I'll make sure to tell him not to worry if that **** comes here and raises his labor costs (which account for almost 1/2 his variable costs) by 50+% because some moron on a message board said adding $0.60 per pizza will cover the difference and he'd be willing to pay it. I'm sure it'll set his mind at ease.

Come to think of it, he's white, so Fu©k him anyway. Hard to feel anything for a guy who came from nothing and worked his fingers to the bone to get somewhere in life when all along he had the white privilege of knowing a lot of other people who look kind of like him are doing well.

Just tell him to cut his fat CEO bonus a little to make up the difference.

If you were half as curious about basic economics, this thread would have ended 10 pages ago.

I, and I am sure others, have already given you the answers. Now, instead of accepting them, you keep asking different questions. :rolleyes:

At what point do you accept that an artificial increase in wage directly leads to an artificial increase in price, or, removal of the worker entirely?

I mean, it's not like I do mobile software and kiosk applications for a living or anything. It's not like I've helped my clients sunset jobs by not hiring new people to replace those that leave/retire...because the applications/kiosks are more efficient anyway. And, it's not like I've been doing this kind of work for literally 20 years. I was doing Microsoft CE/Pocket PC when it first came out, and I was designing/writing C code for barcode readers in 1999.

I am an expert on the impact of kiosks on: employment, and, customer retention and interaction, and, cost of doing business, and, logistics, and, just in time accounting systems, and, anlaytics, and, ergonomic preferences.

So, I could literally tell you just about everything. But, I don't need to. I've already told you what you need to know.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

What can I say, I guess I'm the dumbest person here. :)

Advocating for a cause because of your good intentions while ignoring the direct effects doesn't make you stupid. It makes you fit for public office.

Edited by FireChan

Fare-thee-well $15 an hour fast-food helpers. Fare-thee-well!

McDonald's new Kiosk ordering stations... very popular and efficient are being introduced to US markets.

http://www.macon.com/2015/07/23/3855902/several-mcdonalds-are-in-middle.html

"McDonald’s selected 24 Middle Georgia restaurants as part of a test market for customer-ordering kiosks.

Customers can use the kiosks -- labeled as “create your taste” -- to order and personalize their burger or chicken sandwich by selecting various toppings from a touch screen kiosk."

I have the feeling that McDonald's, etc. would love to use kiosks and as much automation as possible. I also wonder if they have feared a backlash at cutting a major part of their workforce in lieu of technology.

But, now this whole thing has provided them the cover to do it. Talk about be careful about what you wish for!

I have the feeling that McDonald's, etc. would love to use kiosks and as much automation as possible. I also wonder if they have feared a backlash at cutting a major part of their workforce in lieu of technology.

But, now this whole thing has provided them the cover to do it. Talk about be careful about what you wish for!

And, you bet your ass we are bidding/sending out info on potential mobile solutions. If you could pre-order your food on the way to McDonalds...using our voice component...then, the drive through is a pick-up station. No waiting, and no "F'ing you at the drive though". :lol:

Understand, they are going to come to us anyway. So, we might as well bid, because at least with us, the workers get to choose how things work, and, while we can't save all the low-paying jobs, we do create some new, higher-paying ones.

As you say: companies consider doing this all the time. Especially banks(um who came up with the ATM? That stands for "Automated Teller". Or, "Teller...not gonna work here anymore"). The fear of backlash is what prevents them. But, if these idiots begin by lashing companies, the companies are already being hit, and they stop caring about backlash...my phone rings.

This is yet another example of liberals' ignorance of and disdain for basic economics coming back to bite them in the ass.

It doesn't take a genius to understand the concept of substitution, but it still manages to elude their base. They don't get how increasing the price of labor increases the value of replacing that labor anymore than they understand that exponentially increasing costs of an individual industry (with paper thin margins to begin with) will increase the price of its production relative to its alternatives. Of course, the handful that are smart enough to grasp that concept probably love that because they've been wanting to make fast food prohibitively expensive for poor and middle class people.

And knocking low end workers off the jobforce to inevitably land on the government dole just gets them another step closer to their final solution, so it's a win/win for them.

If you were half as curious about basic economics, this thread would have ended 10 pages ago.

I, and I am sure others, have already given you the answers. Now, instead of accepting them, you keep asking different questions. :rolleyes:

At what point do you accept that an artificial increase in wage directly leads to an artificial increase in price, or, removal of the worker entirely?

I mean, it's not like I do mobile software and kiosk applications for a living or anything. It's not like I've helped my clients sunset jobs by not hiring new people to replace those that leave/retire...because the applications/kiosks are more efficient anyway. And, it's not like I've been doing this kind of work for literally 20 years. I was doing Microsoft CE/Pocket PC when it first came out, and I was designing/writing C code for barcode readers in 1999.

I am an expert on the impact of kiosks on: employment, and, customer retention and interaction, and, cost of doing business, and, logistics, and, just in time accounting systems, and, anlaytics, and, ergonomic preferences.

So, I could literally tell you just about everything. But, I don't need to. I've already told you what you need to know.

All this and he has time to be on this site ALL DAY LONG!!

And, you bet your ass we are bidding/sending out info on potential mobile solutions. If you could pre-order your food on the way to McDonalds...using our voice component...then, the drive through is a pick-up station. No waiting, and no "F'ing you at the drive though". :lol:

Understand, they are going to come to us anyway. So, we might as well bid, because at least with us, the workers get to choose how things work, and, while we can't save all the low-paying jobs, we do create some new, higher-paying ones.

As you say: companies consider doing this all the time. Especially banks(um who came up with the ATM? That stands for "Automated Teller". Or, "Teller...not gonna work here anymore"). The fear of backlash is what prevents them. But, if these idiots begin by lashing companies, the companies are already being hit, and they stop caring about backlash...my phone rings.

Yeah the same ATMs that run out of cash or the check and cash deposit stations that get jammed on a Sunday afternoon and advise you to see a customer service representative.These machines are just not reliable and any fool that deposits cash in these kiosks deserves to learn the hard lesson that will be doled out.I personally would leave any bank that leaned heavily during normal business hours on this "technology".Any voice component drive through wouldn't get my business either.

All this and he has time to be on this site ALL DAY LONG!!

Yeah the same ATMs that run out of cash or the check and cash deposit stations that get jammed on a Sunday afternoon and advise you to see a customer service representative.These machines are just not reliable and any fool that deposits cash in these kiosks deserves to learn the hard lesson that will be doled out.I personally would leave any bank that leaned heavily during normal business hours on this "technology".Any voice component drive through wouldn't get my business either.

Sounds like someone's afraid of losing their job...

At $31,000 + per year per displaced worker, a franchise could put nearly $100k each year toward a robotic solution by letting go "three" workers.

Actually $31k is just the wages. Then there's 6.2% Social Security and 1.45% Medicare contributions the employer makes that they would be saving too.

We all know that most fast food workers are part time because the ACA mandated their employers give them HC insurance if they work more than 37 hours a week.

Man, the Delis next door to a "fast food" establishment are going to clean up.