A Few Passing Thoughts About The Denver Game......

I've kind of tuned football out into the background for the last two weeks, but you better believe I'll be up for this one. I think the Bills have a lot better chance than most think. That said, I'm not really expecting a win and I'll be okay with a loss as long as it's legit. But if this game, or a reasonable shot at winning the game, is stolen by a bogus call my head might explode.

I think ultimately in matchups against teams like the Pats ,Packers ,and Broncos its about taking advantages of your opportunities when they present themselves. These teams don't make a ton of mistakes so when they do you have to take full advantage.

We have the kind of defense that feasts on crap qbs. Great front four can shut down the run and make a team one dimensional. Unfortunately, our linebackers and secondary are very average in coverage, so they can easily be exploited by an elite qb. The crap QBs we've faced are either too inexperienced or just plain suck too much to get the o-line in the right protections and get rid of the ball to beat the rush. This won't be the case with Manning, Rodgers and Brady (as we've already seen). Given our anemic offense, I expect 10-20 point losses in each of these three games.

This is a game where we learn how good or bad this team is. In effect it is a playoff game. If the Bills want to be seen as a club who has truly taken a step forward they must show well and win this game. The balance of the season will also likely determine Marrone's future. If this team plays well over the next few weeks he likely gets another season. If they bomb out he is gone.

This is a game where we learn how good or bad this team is. In effect it is a playoff game. If the Bills want to be seen as a club who has truly taken a step forward they must show well and win this game. The balance of the season will also likely determine Marrone's future. If this team plays well over the next few weeks he likely gets another season. If they bomb out he is gone.

Agree. Agree. Agree.

This is a winnable game ... if the Bills can bring their A game and execute it.

I agree. In recent history, the Bills have come up small in big games. There have been countless times when a game has been hyped up and the Bills came out flat and just did not look competitive. No one part of the team can carry the other - the D has to slow down their O but for their part, the O has to put up points. Good field position resulting in just FG will equal a loss.

I agree that this is a winnable game. We just need an offensive game plan that works within the capabilities of the team. These past few weeks the game plan was clearly more of a passing based attack and although the team won, it was not because of the offense. Facing better offenses than the Jets and Browns will require a better Bills offense. The last Dolphins game was a good example.

Unfortunately the running game is not at its best given a hampered Freddy, a missing CJ and an OL that is still having trouble opening downfield running lanes.

Winning this one will require a perfect offensive game plan and will be challenging given the circumstances.

The Broncos' offense is nowhere as good as it was last year - they are averaging about 6pts/game less this year which is nuts if you think about it. Last year the Broncos offense was leaps and bounds better than the rest of the NFL - this year they're only 5th in pts/game and total offense.

I fully expect our defense to show up and play and keep this Denver offense at around 25/28pts in their house.

How our offense plays against their defense is the only concern. We're going to have to score close to 30pts to have a realistic shot at beating Denver in Denver.

I agree. In recent history, the Bills have come up small in big games. There have been countless times when a game has been hyped up and the Bills came out flat and just did not look competitive. No one part of the team can carry the other - the D has to slow down their O but for their part, the O has to put up points. Good field position resulting in just FG will equal a loss.

The thing is, in all of those hyped up games the Bills seem to come out flat, unprepared, and undisciplined, which really just pisses me off. If Denver comes out on Sunday and just flat out beats us up and proves they are the better team, I'll be bummed. But if the Broncos pummel us because we make stupid mistakes, play out of position, miss tackles, and waste golden opportunities, I'll be pissed.

I agree that this is a winnable game. We just need an offensive game plan that works within the capabilities of the team.

I don't mean to be over the top negative but honestly it is hard to game plan within the capabilities of the team when you don't have a very good run or pass game and your quarterback is so so. They have almost no explosive plays when Sammy is shut down. Last week they got 2 from Gray, likely because Cleveland had no idea what he would do. Against a very good team like Denver, I do not expect them to be able to sustain long scoring drives in a number sufficient to keep up with Denver. Denver averages over 30 a game at home and has weapons all over the place. Even if the Bills play very good defense, I see the Broncos scoring in the 20's. I don't see the Bills being able to score in the 20's on Denver when they can't score that at home (without the D scoring for them).

Edited by norton20