Pats Fans

packfntk

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What's funny is that Mainers are always bagging on "Mass - holes", Boston, and all things related to the Commonwealth, yet they worship the Mass sports teams.

I lived in New England for three years myself, and I am familiar with this phenomenon. I would argue it's exactly like all the WNYers who worship the Yankees, yet rag on NYC constantly.

Core lifetime pats fans often apologize for the teams' new age bandwagon fans.

But then they turn around and root for the Red Sox and Bruins, which is just as insufferable.

There's really nothing wrong with Boston that can't be fixed by transporting the entire metro region to Somalia.

But then they turn around and root for the Red Sox and Bruins, which is just as insufferable.

There's really nothing wrong with Boston that can't be fixed by transporting the entire metro region to Somalia.

I'm not sure how anyone can bag on core Red Sox fans. In general, they're the most knowledgeable in the sport.

I'm not sure how anyone can bag on core Red Sox fans. In general, they're the most knowledgeable in the sport.

I reserve the right to loathe all New England sports fans.

Even the couple of Hartford Whalers fans still hanging by their fingernails on to their broken dreams. !@#$ New England sports fans.

I find Pats fans huge frontrunners. A guy I play hockey with who has season tickets said he wouldn't "waste his money" if the Pats weren't dominant. That pretty much tells you the story.

Not much different than Bills fans who have nothing to say when Bills play well except opposition played poorly but will start thread after thread bashing Bills for how they ruined their fantasy football pool. There are all kinds of fans.

Would not work.

Just like sharks will not attack lawyers the Somalia pirates would not attack Bostonians.

Plus it would ruin work since I dial into Boston server and bandwidth to Somalia is so much lower.

Did you check their ticket stub @ Lambeau?

Their current owner used to sneak 6 people in on 4 season tickets to Pats* games when The Sullivan's owned the team. Krafty the Clown even admitted it himself in a Forbes interview he gave years back. No wonder Billy went belly-up and had to take a bailout from Ralph to keep the franchise afloat.

You think as current owner, Krafty would allow that now? Probably press theft of service charges, have to pay $500 fine and do 40 hours community service building ice buckets.

That's all you need to know about "true Pats* fans." It takes a thief to catch a thief.

LoL... I guess the hatred goes way back, Ralph should have just let the franchise go bankrupt.

But don't worry about WEO. WEO would have been rooting for the Colts and then Ravens anyway... What's the commute to Baltimore from Boston. Maybe even the Giants if it wasn't for those two pesky SuperBowls. Plenty of teams have picked up their "fans" through the years.

;-)

I reserve the right to loathe all New England sports fans.

Even the couple of Hartford Whalers fans still hanging by their fingernails on to their broken dreams. !@#$ New England sports fans.

Yep!!... And it should have been the Celtics moving to the West Coast, not the Buffalo Braves.

Anyway, somebody cue Brass Bonanza in the 8-track!

Pats fans are some of the worst. They've only existed for 12 years. They really don't know the game (or the league). The stadium is stale and the fan base uneducated. For the most part people in New England didn't grow up with the game and don't really understand it. They are better than they used to be but are towards the bottom of the league. I was in school there during the 1st Super Bowl win and watched people go from not watching the games to rioting in 4 weeks. They just aren't good.

I was there for Losman's 1st game and I was explaining to the Pats fans around me what was happening. It was basic football stuff. They were asking what the Cover 2 meant and just general stuff that a fan would know. It was a bunch of people too. I am by no means a football expert -not even close.

You are thinking of the opener in 2006- the game where they sacked Brady and scored a TD on the first play from scrimmage (Fletcher and Spikes were involved I believe) and were in it the whole game but Losman took a bad sack in the end zone for a safety that sealed their fate. Losman's first game was the season opener at home against in Houston in 2005.

Also, there are so many d-bag Bills fans. Go out in Miami the night before a Bills-Dolphins game and see how many d-bag 20-something Bills fans walk by and do the stupid "ay-ay-ay-ay" thing. Let alone, the main lot about a half hour before kickoff. Bills fans are loyal and I'm a Bills fan til I die but they are behind Packers and Chiefs fans in nearly every facet of fandom- most notably class. And please don't argue with me unless you've been to Lambeau and Arrowhead. I'm not arguing in favor of Pats fans, I'm just saying people are throwing around "Pats fans are d-bags" pretty liberally on here when we have plenty of our own.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

I think Kirby is talking about the first game that Losman ever played in, as opposed to his first start. He came off the bench to relieve Bledsoe, during a Sunday night game in New England, as I recall...he got beat up pretty good. Rumour was that Sam Wyche (the QB coach at the time) was not happy with Losmans' study habits..he asked Mularkey to put him in, even though he knew the Pats were likely going to tee-off on him...he wanted to teach JP a lesson about being prepared...

I love that living in Florida, I can meet a Bills fan and they can tell me about guys like Ty Powell or guys on the practice squad. I personally don't know any pats fans that could tell me their starting lineup.

But their quick to come find me after a pats win.

Boston and Philly fans are the worst without a doubt. Runner up is Cowboy and Raider fans

Philly fans eat their own....

Most Pat fans don't know who their QB was that lost the Super Bowl to the Bears. For the most part they are fair weather fans. When the decline starts, they will go away, and hide behind the red sox, Celtics, bruins or whichever one of their sports team is doing the best. I've seen it time and time again.

Don't bring up the home sell-out streak predating Brady/BB

Promo knows a guy. End of story.

That sell-out streak started around the time they went to the SB, though, no? I lived in Boston in the early '90s, when they sucked, and they literally had less than 20k season ticket holders one year. Consider that in a city probably 5 times the size of Buffalo for a comparison. Can anyone imagine any circumstances in which the Bills have less than, say, 30k season ticket holders? I'd guess that even in our darkest years we had more than 30k, but could be wrong.

Patriots fans have pretty much the same makeup as Yankees fans. They've attracted huge masses of "pink hats", who would only be casual fans or totally disinterested if the team wasn't a perpetual winner. Those mask a loyal core of knowledgable and dedicated fans who supported the team through the lean years of the 70's, 80's, and early 90's.

I also agree with this assessment as a general matter.

I think Kirby is talking about the first game that Losman ever played in, as opposed to his first start. He came off the bench to relieve Bledsoe, during a Sunday night game in New England, as I recall...he got beat up pretty good. Rumour was that Sam Wyche (the QB coach at the time) was not happy with Losmans' study habits..he asked Mularkey to put him in, even though he knew the Pats were likely going to tee-off on him...he wanted to teach JP a lesson about being prepared...

That's the game.