Pats Fans

packfntk

So every game I make it a point to seek out opposing teams fans, ask them how they've been treated, what they think about Lambeau, and their thoughts on tailgating, the game atmosphere, etc. I did so last night with Pats fans. They were pretty respectful, seemed to have decent knowledge, and we're appreciative about the hospitity.

Are they pretty arrogant towards you guys or did I just run into a few good ones? I told them I was heading to Buffalo and everyone said that we would enjoy the city and the game atmosphere and said the community was pretty comparable to how you support your team, good fans and whatnot. Wondering, because sometimes AFC teams are different towards NFC teams and not rivals.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Pats fans are some of the worst. They've only existed for 12 years. They really don't know the game (or the league). The stadium is stale and the fan base uneducated. For the most part people in New England didn't grow up with the game and don't really understand it. They are better than they used to be but are towards the bottom of the league. I was in school there during the 1st Super Bowl win and watched people go from not watching the games to rioting in 4 weeks. They just aren't good.

I was there for Losman's 1st game and I was explaining to the Pats fans around me what was happening. It was basic football stuff. They were asking what the Cover 2 meant and just general stuff that a fan would know. It was a bunch of people too. I am by no means a football expert -not even close.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I find Pats fans huge frontrunners. A guy I play hockey with who has season tickets said he wouldn't "waste his money" if the Pats weren't dominant. That pretty much tells you the story.

Patriots fans have pretty much the same makeup as Yankees fans. They've attracted huge masses of "pink hats", who would only be casual fans or totally disinterested if the team wasn't a perpetual winner. Those mask a loyal core of knowledgable and dedicated fans who supported the team through the lean years of the 70's, 80's, and early 90's.

I've lived in the Boston area for over 20 years now, surrounded by Pats fans, and the ones I know are die-hard and very knowledgeable. A small, anecdotal sample, just as anyone's here. Are there bandwagon fans? Sure, as there are anywhere. Wait til the Bills are back in the playoffs, the bandwagon jumpers will come out of the woodwork. The thing about this area is that they have options for their sports fix-- Sox, Pats, Celts, Bruins; whereas it's the Bills and Sabres and the offseason in the Buff.

I live in the heart of Pats land.....frontrunner central.

douchebaggery at its worst.

If the Bills had a 15 year run like New England has had, the core group of fans that now exist as the identity of Bills fans would be overrun by a swarm of "pink hats", just as New England has. That's been the case with sports in general pretty much forever.

Patriots fans have pretty much the same makeup as Yankees fans. They've attracted huge masses of "pink hats", who would only be casual fans or totally disinterested if the team wasn't a perpetual winner. Those mask a loyal core of knowledgable and dedicated fans who supported the team through the lean years of the 70's, 80's, and early 90's.

This is a fantastic assessment.

I've had both types of pats fan experiences. The ones that know anything about the Pats and have been following them for a while are usually respectful, the bandwagon bunch are the exact opposite. It's sad when I can name more players on their team than one of their "fans".

If the Bills had a 15 year run like New England has had, the core group of fans that now exist as the identity of Bills fans would be overrun by a swarm of "pink hats", just as New England has. That's been the case with sports in general pretty much forever.

I dunno. I mean, it's Buffalo. Snow, snow and nothing good comes from there.

I was too young at the time but how heavy was the bandwagon in the late 80's, early 90's? Seriously asking.

The fans that show up to non divisional opponents stadiums are usually devout fans of the team. Pats/Fins/Jets fans that show up to Buffalo are a different grade then the other fans.

Plus, to really know New England, Pack fan, you gotta know that inside of Fenway Park is one of the bigger Buffalo Bills bars in the country. It's been there a very long time and is an official Bills Backers Bar, IIRC.

I live in Maine now, and I am constantly surrounded by Pats fans. While the majority of them are just normal, decent, sports-loving folks, there is a very prominent subset of the most spoiled, arrogant, and obnoxious fans I have ever been around. I don't even go to my local bar to watch the Bills on Sundays anymore because I get trash-talked by aggressively drunk Pats fans. They expect their team to dominate, and when they don't, they pout. Every sports market has these types, but here it's an abnormally high proportion. They really drag the benevolent portion of the fan base down.

What's funny is that Mainers are always bagging on "Mass - holes", Boston, and all things related to the Commonwealth, yet they worship the Mass sports teams.

Edited by skibum