RG 1+1+1

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So much for that much anticipated Luck-Griffin matchup.

Can they trade Cousin AND Griffin for a 1st rd pick? What a mess. They used 3 ones and a third on two guys who can't play over colt freaking McCoy.

I believe it was 3 1st round picks and 1 2nd round pick to acquire the rights for RG3 . Then 1 4th round pick to get Cousins. It was brilliant "out of the box " thinking to use 5 picks to get two QBs who are now sitting on the bench.

RG3 is finished. he will never be a franchise QB.

his initial success relied on his legs, which are not the same after his injuries.

What RGIII needs more than anything else is a time-out that allows him to reconsider how he approaches the game. This is a lost season where he has lost his confidence and has way. What he needs to do is decide whether he wants to be a celebrity and a "brand" rather than dedicate himself to working on a game that is suitable for the pros. The Shanahans tried to work on his game but he rebelled against them because of his diva attitude and his insecurities. Maybe what worked against him was his initial success. He relied on his athletic style of game that worked in college instead of developing a mature and cerebral way to approach the pro game.

There is no doubt he is psychologically battered. This offseason he needs to study film and be receptive to what the coaches are trying to teach him. Currently the coaches, the players and fans have tired with the constant drama associated with him and the qb position. What he needs to do is assume a lower profile (get off twitter) and work on his game.

Get him. I'm dead serious. If there is a reasonable chance he can become a franchise QB with a fresh start, then get him. Period. Get it done. I like Orton too. I still think EJ has a chance. However, you must maximize your chances at getting a long term answer when it presents itself.

I'm not sure there's a reasonable chance of that after reading this breakdown of his game on Sunday. It is DAMNING.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2014/11/19/chris-cooley-rgiii-was-so-bad-i-cant-assess-the-rest-of-the-redskins-offense/

hire Bevell from seattle and make the move for rg111. He designed an offense around wilson and could do the same for griffin. Run first, dominant defense and build griffin as a qb. He's expected to just come in and do everything. I'm not sure what it would take to get him though.

I'm not sure there's a reasonable chance of that after reading this breakdown of his game on Sunday. It is DAMNING.

http://www.washingto...dskins-offense/

That is from 2 weeks ago against Tampa, but it is damning. I've seen Kurt Warner and Brian Billick do the same as well this season and both agreed that the fundamental issue is this - he does not know what he is looking at. It is shown here as well. He is looking at the defens and reading it wrong again and again and again.

That is from 2 weeks ago against Tampa, but it is damning. I've seen Kurt Warner and Brian Billick do the same as well this season and both agreed that the fundamental issue is this - he does not know what he is looking at. It is shown here as well. He is looking at the defens and reading it wrong again and again and again.

Right. I stand corrected. But even more alarming then, since it's against TB and not SF. The guy's NFL career is winding down IMO.

Edited by billsfaninmanhattan

What's next for RGIII?

With the news that the Washington Redskins are planning on benching Robert Griffin III in favor of Colt McCoy, Gregg Rosenthal examines what the future might hold for the former No. 2 overall pick.

Jerry: RGIII's 'got it'

Robert Griffin III is on his way to the bench in D.C. after Jay Gruden confirmed Colt McCoy will start Sunday. But there's still at least one believer in the struggling QB: Cowboys owner Jerry Jones

Colt is a FA after this season ...

I wanted the Bills to draft him out of college until I saw him get hurt in his last bowl game I think it was. I thought it was a wimpy injury which then made me think maybe he wasn't big enough or tough enough to be a starting NFL quarterback.

The dude can play football though.

Former Teammate Has A Theory On Why RG3 Has Been So Bad, And It Could End His Career

Former Washington Redskins tight end Chris Cooley now hosts a radio show on ESPN Radio and recently spent a segment giving a very detailed look at everything Robert Griffin III did wrong during the team's recent loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

The analysis, which can be seen in detail in The Washington Post, concludes that RGIII failed at almost all of the basics of being an NFL quarterback including missing basic reads, not seeing wide-open receivers, misreading the defenses, and failing to run the team's offense.

It got so bad that, Cooley says, the coaching staff eventually had to switch to what Cooley called a "Day-One offense," the absolute basics.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/former-teammate-theory-why-rg3-171900605.html

couple things....Shanahan the last 7 years is 44-64 and his last superbowl was 15 years ago-

RG's injury has played a role but so has him being on tape, d coordinators adjusted now he needs to adjust to them..unwilling to do so and seems to have a bad attitude

the monster 10-6 year was a bit of a fluke but he does deserve credit for doing it, it will be chalked up to another run around qb he got hit injured when he's wheels left so did the career.

Last thing this team needs is this guy, someone may take a flyer there arent enough qbs to go around but it wont be in a trade - a new place and not as a starter would be the best thing for him

Edited by CardinalScotts

Teammates 'surprised' by RGIII's benching

Jay Gruden: I hope this toughens up RGIII

RGIII benching highlights failures of 2012 draft class

Robert Griffin III's benching highlights the failures at the top of the 2012 draft class. Find out which other players have disappointed from the top 10 picks in that draft.