What a month for Mario Williams!

Storm Front

We could coach this d line. It just shows how truly awful Wanny was.

Don't forget wanny had mark Anderson (never really played) instead of Hughes

Mario wasn't 100% half the year

Dareus had his stuff

And didn't kyle have something?

Not defending wanny but the lines on a different level

Edited by NoSaint

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills have 3 DLmen in the top 7 in sacks across the NFL......that's sick.

Only twice in the past ten years (the Saints last year, Miami in 2004) has a team even had two in the top 7. Not even the '89 Eagles had three in the top 7, and they sent practically their entire defensive front 7 to the Pro Bowl.

Why he is not considered for DMVP is beyond me. I guess he already had his chance and the youngsters like Watt and Kuechly now get that chance.

I would take Mario over Watt and Kuechly every day of the week. They're very good players but do not give to a team what a excellent DE can do - shut down half of the field.

@SalSports

Mario playing best football he ever has in Bills uni. And I'm not sure it's even close. Told me after game he's playing with "no pressure."

fixed for Sal :)

Mario vs.the run is the overlooked gem of his game that makes him the 2nd best complete D-lineman in football.

Why he is not considered for DMVP is beyond me. I guess he already had his chance and the youngsters like Watt and Kuechly now get that chance.

I would take Mario over Watt and Kuechly every day of the week. They're very good players but do not give to a team what a excellent DE can do - shut down half of the field.

Watts a brand at this point. Mario simply isn't, even if he may be just as good (or better).

Had someone say to me the other day "know who really is the best player in the nfl - that jj watt guy that plays for the Titans."

Watts a brand at this point. Mario simply isn't, even if he may be just as good (or better).

Had someone say to me the other day "know who really is the best player in the nfl - that jj watt guy that plays for the Titans."

It's not hard to imagine. He was the Bills best WR a while back.

JJ Watt is a great brand. He is just fit for football and a good guy off the field. However, he is not as impactful as Mario Williams at DE.

Got damn that is an intimdating looking man. If he slapped my mom in the face, I'd really have to ask my mom what she did to provoke him. And then I'd apologize for her.

its unreal that hes 300 lbs and moves like he does.

reference point - at the combine he was 6-7, 295 lbs and ran a 4.66 - watt ran a 4.8... cam newton was a 4.58

Edited by NoSaint

Mario was a bust i thought.

We'd be lucky to get Skelton for him. AmIRight?

That's what I thought too.

Remember his first game as a Bill against the Jets? Everyone on this board was outraged and saying how stupid the Bills were for signing the 100 million dollar man.

Yup. PLEASE GOD let us lock this front in. The money doesn't even really matter. It would the first true identity the franchise has had in a very long time....

yup. This exactly. For once in 14 years we have an identity as a team. Fear our defensive line. Because if you take them lightly, we will destroy your Quarterback.

This is the smash mouth type of squad that Marrone said he would bring here. Unfortunately he hasn't done it with the OLine yet, but I'm willing to give it another year I think.

That's what I thought too.

Remember his first game as a Bill against the Jets? Everyone on this board was outraged and saying how stupid the Bills were for signing the 100 million dollar man.

Not everyone buddy , but yeah most :)

Dude us a monster. He is worth every penny!!!

I just hope they resign Dareus and Hughes long term and keep the best DLine in football together for a while.

Amen!

I don't care if we overpay Hughes and Dareus. We need to keep this D-Line together.

Put all the money in the D-Line and give the LB corps pennies, we can afford to do that.

We can pay Kiko later, Bradham won't command much, Spikes will not be expensive, if we choose to keep him, and Brown is only a rookie and a long ways off from a new contract.

its unreal that hes 300 lbs and moves like he does.

reference point - at the combine he was 6-7, 295 lbs and ran a 4.66 - watt ran a 4.8... cam newton was a 4.58

That is freakish size and athleticism....my God. Unreal could't be a more accurate word. I'm just glad he plays for the Bills.