Official 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' thread

Just Jack

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

Possible full layout of how the movie will go at the link below....

http://makingstarwars.net/2015/05/a-compiled-synopsis-of-star-wars-the-force-awakens/

I'm not going to click on it, but the wording in the link has me curious. How exactly did they go about compiling it? Are they piecing something together from a list of sources? That seems prone to error.

I'm not going to click on it, but the wording in the link has me curious. How exactly did they go about compiling it? Are they piecing something together from a list of sources? That seems prone to error.

I'm not going to click on it either. Also there is a chance that it could all be false information.

J.J. Abrams does a remarkable job of keeping the lid on his projects.

I'm not going to click on it either. Also there is a chance that it could all be false information.

J.J. Abrams does a remarkable job of keeping the lid on his projects.

Do not understand why people choose to read/listen to spoilers. What's the point of going to a movie if you already know what happens? Not knowing what it is going to happen is part of the experience. Watching a movie a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc... time is never the same as the 1st one.

• 1 month later...

Looks like they're taking a shot at Lucas' cartoonish pre-quel series. Rightfully so. But the story will be far more important.

While I agree the story will be important, that's not what bothered me about the last 3 movies. The story was fine, albeit one everyone kind of already knew.

What bothered me was:

1. Acting. It was bad, very bad. I'm not sure Lucas knows how to get the best from his actors or maybe he just picks the worst takes.

2. CGI. Lucas actually used more live action than some people are aware but he still used way too much, especially on characters.

3. Story. While I think learning the genesis of Darth Vadar is nice, it wasn't really a "new" story, so what was there to get excited about?

In the end, Abrams won't be able to please everyone. People will be upset with something. I'm just hoping the acting is good, he doesn't overuse the CGI and the story is exciting.

While I agree the story will be important, that's not what bothered me about the last 3 movies. The story was fine, albeit one everyone kind of already knew.

What bothered me was:

1. Acting. It was bad, very bad. I'm not sure Lucas knows how to get the best from his actors or maybe he just picks the worst takes.

2. CGI. Lucas actually used more live action than some people are aware but he still used way too much, especially on characters.

3. Story. While I think learning the genesis of Darth Vadar is nice, it wasn't really a "new" story, so what was there to get excited about?

In the end, Abrams won't be able to please everyone. People will be upset with something. I'm just hoping the acting is good, he doesn't overuse the CGI and the story is exciting.

I agree on 1 and 2, but certainly not 3. That was the whole purpose behind the films...to show us how Darth Vader came to be. It's a great story. The third film was also the best by far -- 1 and 2 aren't worth watching again.

I agree on 1 and 2, but certainly not 3. That was the whole purpose behind the films...to show us how Darth Vader came to be. It's a great story. The third film was also the best by far -- 1 and 2 aren't worth watching again.

It's more his choice to do that story, with a known outcome. It was new but not new if you get what I'm saying. The Vadar story itself isn't bad just thought it was a bit of a cop out for Lucas to chose to do that instead of creating new story line.

It's more his choice to do that story, with a known outcome. It was new but not new if you get what I'm saying. The Vadar story itself isn't bad just thought it was a bit of a cop out for Lucas to chose to do that instead of creating new story line.

I think for me it was more that he didn't add anything significant to the story that we already knew.

I guess I gave him too much credit because I kept expecting some kind of twist on the Vadar story that as an audience we wouldn't have seen coming.

Basically just ended up being an over produced cookie cutter version of what we already knew which could have easily fit into one film.

I think for me it was more that he didn't add anything significant to the story that we already knew.

I guess I gave him too much credit because I kept expecting some kind of twist on the Vadar story that as an audience we wouldn't have seen coming.

Basically just ended up being an over produced cookie cutter version of what we already knew which could have easily fit into one film.

Yea, that's what I mean.

So you aren't a fan of prequels. Duly noted.

I wouldn't say that. Prometheus, Batman and the X-men prequels have all been very good, IMO.

• 3 months later...