Official 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' thread

Just Jack

Something is off with these previews. Can't tell you what exactly. I get a sinking feeling this is going to be as underwhelming as #1 and #2 were.

I can see that. This trailer, at least to me, had a "TV" feel to it. I hope that doesn't carry over to the film itself. I've been really excited about everything else I've seen about it so far. This was the first miss.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I watched the trailer about 5 more times, then I went back and watched all 3 in order. I like it much more now. I like that I now have a very small idea of what the story is but don't have answers for a lot things as well. If you watch them in order the story slowly revels itself. It feels very epic. Very excited for this.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

This was certainly the least exciting of the trailers. They are doing a good job keeping Luke and Leia under wraps. I'm still just as excited.

The robot hand touching R2, that pretty much had to be him, right?

Parts of teasers and trailers, combined to make one trailer...

https://vimeo.com/143044228

Why am I afraid that this will be one of those movies where if you have seen all the trailers you will have seen all of the good parts of the movie?

It's like that scene from Episode IV in the trash compactor when Han says ive got a bad feeling about this

Why am I afraid that this will be one of those movies where if you have seen all the trailers you will have seen all of the good parts of the movie?

It's like that scene from Episode IV in the trash compactor when Han says ive got a bad feeling about this

You're not wrong. The only thing that gives me hope is that Bad Robot tends to be pretty protective of what they let get released via trailers -- though, this being a Disney movie now I'm not sure they'll have as much veto power as they had with Paramount. I don't intend to watch any more trailers that come out for this reason. I want to have some surprises when I go see the flick.

Where is everyone's favorite wussy golden protocol droid? His absence was the only major character I haven't seen, I'm assuming the robotic hand was luke.

But either way I'm super pumped it looks awesome. I don't want the trailers to ruin it. I agree sometimes it's better to just see it from a blank slate with no preconceived ideas. I have a bad feeling a beloved character Will be killed off for a new character to take their/it's place.

Where is everyone's favorite wussy golden protocol droid? His absence was the only major character I haven't seen, I'm assuming the robotic hand was luke.

I realize that he's not in it, but I miss Lando.

I really enjoyed the final trailer, and I still don't really know what this movie is about. Which is fine with me.

I do wonder why we have not seen a clear picture of Luke, and C-3PO's absence is odd.

For me, I am curious to see all of these new characters.

And just who is the main protagonist in this movie? They've shown us Kylo Ren many times, but I don't think he is the one in charge. While Captain Phasma is more of a soldier and is in charge of the Stormtroopers, I think.

We still have not seen one shot of Andy Serkis or Max von Sydow.

Oh well, I'm very excited for this. I think we could have something special here.