Official 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' thread

Just Jack

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying that's what should happen, but whoever is saying "I'll finish what you started" sounds like someone close to DV (well, as close as someone can get to a guy like him). And only Luke would have known where he cremated DV 30 years earlier.

I have no doubt that Luke kept the Vader mask.

I think it's far more likely that Luke told his son/nephew about his father--the most powerful Jedi to ever live--before he sensed the dark side in the boy.

The boy, intrigued by power, absconds with the mask and pursues the dark side of the force in an effort to achieve limitless power, following in his grandfather's footsteps.

I have no doubt that Luke kept the Vader mask.

I think it's far more likely that Luke told his son/nephew about his father--the most powerful Jedi to ever live--before he sensed the dark side in the boy.

The boy, intrigued by power, absconds with the mask and pursues the dark side of the force in an effort to achieve limitless power, following in his grandfather's footsteps.

That's plausible as well.

Didn't Luke have a son that turned Sith in the books? Could be Luke told his kid who dug up Grandpa's helmet

That's my theory...

Kylo Ren is Luke's son who succumbed to the Dark Side when he found out the connection between Anakin and Darth Vader. Luke, feeling shame, ran off to Dagobah to ready himself to train the crop of Jedi that will defeat him (including Leia's child(ren) and Finn) as Luke cannot bear to take down his own son. That's Luke with the metal hand touching R2D2 and the background totally looks Dagobah-ish

Edited by Heels20X6

That's my theory...

Kylo Ren is Luke's son who succumbed to the Dark Side when he found out the connection between Anakin and Darth Vader. Luke, feeling shame, ran off to Dagobah to ready himself to train the crop of Jedi that will defeat him (including Leia's child(ren) and Finn) as Luke cannot bear to take down his own son. That's Luke with the metal hand touching R2D2 and the background totally looks Dagobah-ish

I could buy that, except...

Still going with Leia/Han's son...the whole twins thing

Is that style of sith lightsaber on any past Star Wars comic book? If the answer is no, I hate it.

No.

I thought that I read somewhere that Kylo constructed it that way because it was unconventional

It should also be stated that Abrams himself said that Kylo is "NOT a sith"

No.

I thought that I read somewhere that Kylo constructed it that way because it was unconventional

It should also be stated that Abrams himself said that Kylo is "NOT a sith"

Then I don't like it. Not everything new has to be cool and innovative, the lightsaber is already a cool feature.

Then I don't like it. Not everything new has to be cool and innovative, the lightsaber is already a cool feature.

I'm neutral on it really.

I do think that I read that the idea behind the design was to do something unconventional because the Order of Ren sees themselves as new and unconventional, even so far as the dark side of the force is concerned.