it's now clear we should taken beckham and kept our 2015 1st ...

truth on hold

Not surprised the guy with his nuts on the line if it doesn't work out says he'd still do the trade.... be shocked if he said otherwise. Heck colts are still saying they trade their first for Trent richardson ... lol. And his standard that sammy won 3 games for them as a test is silly. Most bills wins were close games so a play or two from a lot of different players can be said to be the difference. How about dareus and his sacks instead ? Also he has no idea how wed have done with Beckham instead.

While the entire question is certainly subject to debate, it's hardly clear as you so declaratively posted.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I`ll stick with Sammy. 98% on here were happy with the Sammy pick and I still am. We will see down the road what happens. I don`t really care. Just negative attitudes helping to bring this team down. What are you expecting from a team with a poor o- line, second string QB ,2nd and 3rd string rbs , one #1 rookie receiver, inexperienced O-C. Play-offs? . I think Marrones doing best he can with what he`s got.

My question to the OP and anyone who agrees with the premise of this thread:

Who would you see the Bills drafting at pick #10 this year that we cant get in round 2?

As I see it, we need quality interior OL and a franchise QB. There should be some quality Guards when we pick in the 2nd round (a la Levitre), and unless you're drafting #1 overall, then you are picking from the 2nd tier of QBs either way.

The Bills needs are not that great in quantity. QB, OGs, TE... That's about it for big needs. Whaley has shown over the past couple of offseasons that he can and will shore up positions of need when he can focus on them (look what he's done for our LB and WR corps). Im confident he'll solve the OL issue this offseason. As far as QB goes... that is something almost EVERY team is battling. Id love to see a better QB brought in, but they arent exactly growing on trees these days.

I would never give up another first round pick to move up a few marginal positions. The specter of injury is the wildcard that neutralizes such a deal; a bad knee hit and the mortgage on the team goes out the window. When you look at the scarcity of Tight Ends in the league right now, you wonder if that could have been a direction to go. Our TE's have missed a couple of easy passes... I love Chandler but who else can catch a pass on the TE corps?

Sammy is the real deal, and with health will pay dividends again and again, however I am left to wonder about the depth on our bench AFTER next year when we are missing that marquis pick.

Let's win out and make that pick a low, low pick! 11-5! Go BILLS!!

Evans was gone off the board.... and I think they probably knew he would be... he had become the consensus pick in Tampa the 2 weeks before the draft. So we don't definitively know that they had Ebron above Evans.... we do know that they had him above Beckham.

EDIT: none of which changes the decision on Watkins in any way.

This is based on what Whaley has been saying. They may have had Evans rated higher than Ebron, but I don't know if they'd have dealt for Evans. it's clear from all the draft experts that Watkins was head and shoulders above Evans.

The bigger question to me is how did Whaley rank Ebron above Beckham?

While I wasn't happy with what we gave up to get him, I was indeed very happy with the player we got. Sammy is a heckuva talent at WR, and I think he will play in this league a long time. I am frustrated that he does not get the luxury of maturing and developing with a solid QB, or heck even just consistent play at the WR position. I have zero doubt that if Watkins was playing with a decent QB his numbers would lead all rookie WRs right now, and if he was playing with a top-tier QB, I wouldn't be surprised if his numbers led all receivers. He's that good in my opinion. I really pray that something happens SOON to get our QB situation solved or I fear that Sammy's growth will be stunted. This kid is dynamite, we just have to give get him the damn ball!

Beckham has been playing in the slot mostly while Sammy has been playing on the outside as a true number one receiver.

Mike Evans has one of the best receivers in the league playing on the other side in Vincent Jackson while Sammy doesn't have anyone else who the defense is worrying about.

All 3 are good but I still think Sammy is still the best of them. Sammy has also battled injuries and I don't think has been 100% in any game this season.

As a Giants fan I love Beckham.

Sammy is going to be a very good player for many years (depending on injuries) but no first round pick this year is killing the team. At least they aren't giving the Browns a top 5 pick.

Sammy is going to be a very good player for many years (depending on injuries) but no first round pick this year is killing the team. At least they aren't giving the Browns a top 5 pick.

Sammy could easily be the best of all time

Beckham is a pro bowl player.........not HOF

My opinion

Edited by HOUSE

Losing a 1st wont kill the team, they are pretty well built. 2nd and 3rd round can help OL and TE depth. FRee agency will likely be interesting with Pegula. QB is the real problem, but we would not have had a top pick anyways.

I want to know what player everyone is so concerned with missing out on in the 2015 first round? Keep in mind that this team, right now, would have a pick smack dab in the middle I round 1.

If you don't have an answer, then you have zero ammo with which to criticize giving up said pick.

I want to know what player everyone is so concerned with missing out on in the 2015 first round? Keep in mind that this team, right now, would have a pick smack dab in the middle I round 1.

If you don't have an answer, then you have zero ammo with which to criticize giving up said pick.

Don't you realize the next Andrew Luck is in that 1st round somewhere? B-)

But seriously - the positions of need - G, TE, maybe QB (not sure which QB prospects are going to get a 1st rd grade) can be had in the 2nd and later or in FA. We will probably have 8 total picks.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I get that the coach/GM tandem thought it was make or break and swung for the fences but I didn't like the trade. I like Sammy, providing we don't trade him away/lose him he will be a great Bill for years to come. However, i would rather we had OB or Benjamin and our 1st rd pick next year. Actually, I wish we would have taken an o lineman, a QUALITY o lineman.