Detroit radio not interested in being hospitable to Bills

YoloinOhio

The situation Buffalonians have faced should be bigger than the game itself. But if you haven't been in such a situation you may have no idea the severity or the details of how a recovery from an epic snow storm plays out.

It doesnt just melt on Sunday and all is well

Unfortunately I think we're going to be discovering bodies for awhile. In cars and in houses of people who couldn't get out or who CO'd themselves when their furnace flue got blocked and havent been missed yet.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was talking about the current team.

For example? Was it when the bills were 5-3 and still not taken seriously as a playoff contender? How about when they were 5-4 and had a chance to erase the prior week's dud of a game? Ooh ooh ooh...How about when they were 2-1 and played their old starting qb who commented on how bad he wanted to beat us.

Oh...I know. It was when the bills had a chance to show up against Tom Brady for the 3rd time in his entire, long career to prove that this team was different...that it was ready to stop being tom's B word.

Sorry for the rant, but I keep seeing people post about how this team is different...like we are have a new mentality or something. Our defense is elite...qb so and so will be lucky to finish a game against us, we own miami, all we have to do is beat these easy teams before the difficult stretch, and apparently now we play well when we have a chip on our shoulder.

The reality is that we cave when the going gets tough. We always have and we always will until something major changes. Doesn't it really bother anybody that dick jauron continues to be our glory years even though we now have all this talent that I keep hearing about? We have yet to reach his glorious 7-9 records and it is highly likely that we don't again this year.

Unfortunately I think we're going to be discovering bodies for awhile. In cars and in houses of people who couldn't get out or who CO'd themselves when their furnace flue got blocked and havent been missed yet.

Naw folks are smarter than that. Experience is a good teacher. We do snowstorms. Just that this one was a doozie.

the melt off incoming 1/2 inch plus of rain and refreeze are now the issues.

Try to reverse this. Imagine if a former coach of ours came to Buffalo as a coordinator, beat us at home in an early season (see: meaningless) game, and his players carried him off the field as if he had won the damn super bowl.

Fast forward Bills fans. That same ex coach is now using Ralph Wilson Stadium as his "home" field because of a storm.

I'm sure we'd be rooting for him.... And we'd be very classy about it. <_<

Maybe we would be more classy, but if so, it would be because we feel so bad for a pathetic franchise that has sucked so bad for so long that it actually carried a coach off the field after beating the freaking lions. Remember when the lions were the freaking lions and were the joke of the NFL for ever? I mean...come on! That made us look so pathetic. Yay! We beat the only team with a worse history than us!

Makes me wonder how they picked Detwat for this game's venue. Seems to me they should not allow another game at a stadium a team has already had an away game at. The Carrier Dome would have been a better selection IMHO. They're not going to get a huge turnout no matter where they play this game. Hell, for that matter they could play it at The Ralph the week before the SuperBowl (if there's a no-game week between the CC games) or even the first week of the Playoffs. It's not like either team is going anywhere, well except for Detroit this Monday.

People are dying in WNY due to the weather and this is a meaningless football game for both sides....

And you guys are talking about what color the crowd in Detroit, Michigan is going to wear?

Jesus.

And with all those tragic things happening you're talking about the people talking about what color the crowd in Detroit, Michigan is going to wear!

The irony is rich.

Makes me wonder how they picked Detwat for this game's venue. Seems to me they should not allow another game at a stadium a team has already had an away game at. The Carrier Dome would have been a better selection IMHO. They're not going to get a huge turnout no matter where they play this game. Hell, for that matter they could play it at The Ralph the week before the SuperBowl (if there's a no-game week between the CC games) or even the first week of the Playoffs. It's not like either team is going anywhere, well except for Detroit this Monday.

They want an NFL venue and the carrier dome was not an option. They would to take an ice rink, basketball court and replace the football field by Monday, then put the court back in.

Not feasible at all. Detroit seems to be the go to place for situations like this

Try to reverse this. Imagine if a former coach of ours came to Buffalo as a coordinator, beat us at home in an early season (see: meaningless) game, and his players carried him off the field as if he had won the damn super bowl.

Fast forward Bills fans. That same ex coach is now using Ralph Wilson Stadium as his "home" field because of a storm.

I'm sure we'd be rooting for him.... And we'd be very classy about it. <_<

If the game was moved because the city of that team was going through a terrible natural disaster where people were dying and/or the recently deceased former owner of that team had just left my struggling city a 9 figure charitable donation I think I might just let the carrying their DC off the field thing go. Seriously, either one would have been plenty for me to personally get over it.

If the game was moved because the city of that team was going through a terrible natural disaster where people were dying and/or the recently deceased former owner of that team had just left my struggling city a 9 figure charitable donation I think I might just let the carrying their DC off the field thing go. Seriously, either one would have been plenty for me to personally get over it.

Keep in mind this is a radio station promoting this. In true Buffalo fashion of taking everything so personally, people aren't realizing that this doesn't appear to be a wide spread action by residents of detroit. Just someone on a radio station saying something.

Keep in mind this is a radio station promoting this. In true Buffalo fashion of taking everything so personally, people aren't realizing that this doesn't appear to be a wide spread action by residents of detroit. Just someone on a radio station saying something.

who isn't realizing that? The subject line says "Detroit radio not interested in being hospitable." The radio station is exhibiting lack of class toward the situation in their call to action. I don't know why your comments need to be turned on insulting Buffalo fans. Haven't they been through enough? Maybe you care about this, maybe you don't. Those who care have a right to care without being told that " in true Buffalo fashion" they take everything personally.

For example? Was it when the bills were 5-3 and still not taken seriously as a playoff contender? How about when they were 5-4 and had a chance to erase the prior week's dud of a game? Ooh ooh ooh...How about when they were 2-1 and played their old starting qb who commented on how bad he wanted to beat us.

Oh...I know. It was when the bills had a chance to show up against Tom Brady for the 3rd time in his entire, long career to prove that this team was different...that it was ready to stop being tom's B word.

Sorry for the rant, but I keep seeing people post about how this team is different...like we are have a new mentality or something. Our defense is elite...qb so and so will be lucky to finish a game against us, we own miami, all we have to do is beat these easy teams before the difficult stretch, and apparently now we play well when we have a chip on our shoulder.

The reality is that we cave when the going gets tough. We always have and we always will until something major changes. Doesn't it really bother anybody that dick jauron continues to be our glory years even though we now have all this talent that I keep hearing about? We have yet to reach his glorious 7-9 records and it is highly likely that we don't again this year.

it is simply my opinion. Go Bucs.

@DSports1051: Tickets for #GreenMonday are available at 10 AM. All of the info is here http://t.co/l7aZmgNTfP

Edited by YoloinOhio

who isn't realizing that? The subject line says "Detroit radio not interested in being hospitable." The radio station is exhibiting lack of class toward the situation in their call to action. I don't know why your comments need to be turned on insulting Buffalo fans. Haven't they been through enough? Maybe you care about this, maybe you don't. Those who care have a right to care without being told that " in true Buffalo fashion" they take everything personally.

it is simply my opinion. Go Bucs.

@DSports1051: Tickets for #GreenMonday are available at 10 AM. All of the info is here http://t.co/l7aZmgNTfP

if everyone realizes it, then I think everyone is overreacting, which was my point. And it is typical of Buffalo. Don't criticize the weather, but when the weather is bad, everyone should feel for them. Don't comment about the lousy weather, but we can't stop talking about it and expect national sympathy.

if everyone realizes it, then I think everyone is overreacting, which was my point. And it is typical of Buffalo. Don't criticize the weather, but when the weather is bad, everyone should feel for them. Don't comment about the lousy weather, but we can't stop talking about it and expect national sympathy.

when the weather is bad, everyone should feel for them? This is far beyond "bad weather". My father is trapped in his hamburg home by himself without food. People are trapped in cars thinking they are going to die.

Terrestrial radio is a dying medium concerning itself not with class, but with desperately generating attention and ratings.

true Edited by YoloinOhio

What makes sense? Cheer against a guy your team fired? The Bills have done more for Detroit (beating Chicago and Minnesota) than the Jets have...

100% agree. But what can you expect from bailoutcity. ? Detroit fans are awful. And I'm sick of seeing them on TV every Thanksgiving.

Doesn't Detroit have bigger issues to worry about? Pick your battles

Yes, but in typical Detroit fashion they continue to ignore their problems.

I love Schwartz as a DC. I'd love to have the entire defensive staff back next year.

But let's be honest. He can be a tool. Telling your players to carry you off the field is a tool move. If Chan Gailey did that as a OC of the Packers, we'd hate it too.

It's not a shot at Buffalo or what we've been going through. It's all about a guy who was their head coach who is kinda of a tool. Settle down.

Doesn't Detroit have bigger issues to worry about? Pick your battles

Come on Pete. It's a free NFL football game with 2 teams that are meaningless to them. No need to make it into a social issue about Detroit.

when the weather is bad, everyone should feel for them? This is far beyond "bad weather". My father is trapped in his hamburg home by himself without food. People are trapped in cars thinking they are going to die.

true

Sorry to hear that yolo.