• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

Summer is hot

Winter is cold

Spring is warm 

Fall is cool

Does the world need to spend trillions of dollars to figure this out?

The weather will fluctuate

the stock market as well

14 minutes ago, row_33 said:

The weather will fluctuate

the stock market as well

i like this explanation- the stock market which is entirely controlled by men can not be predicted that well but global weather which is 10% human( at most) 90% out of our hands is exact.

• Like (+1) 1

Putting $$$ behind stock market predictions has consequences

mouthing off about the weather and being wrong almost all the time doesn’t even cause them to shut up for one second about the next doomsday scenario

THE “MAGIC WAND OF FUDGING” PRODUCES GLOBAL WARMING

by John Hindraker

I have written many times about what I consider the worst scandal in the history of science: efforts by the curators of global temperature records to rewrite the past so as to produce an illusion of warming that is not reflected in the temperatures that have actually been recorded.

No Tricks Zone picks up the theme in a post titled “Adjusted ‘Unadjusted Data: NASA Uses The ‘Magic Wand Of Fudging’, Produces Warming Where There Never Was.”

It’s been long known that NASA GISS has been going through its historical temperature data archives and erasing old temperature measurements and replacing them with new, made up figures without any real legitimate reason.

This practice has led to the formation of new datasets called “adjusted” data, with the old datasets being called “V3 unadjusted”. The problem for global warming activists, however, was that when anyone looks at the old “V3 unadjusted” – i.e. untampered data – they often found a downward linear temperature trend. Such negative trends of course are an embarrassment for global warming alarmists, who have been claiming the planet is warming up rapidly.

So what to do? Well, it seems that NASA has decided to adjust its “V3 unadjusted datasets” and rename them as “V4 unadjusted”. That’s right, the adjusted data has become the new V4 “unadjusted” data.

You can’t make this stuff up.

You guessed it. The new V4 unadjusted data are now yielding warmed up trends, even at places where a cooling trend once existed.

This is how NASA uses its magic wand of fudging to turn past cooling into (fake) warming.

The post includes a number of examples, animated GIFs that show how the temperatures originally recorded in a given locale have been changed by NASA to create an alleged warming trend. Here is just one, Marquette, Michigan, from 1880 to 2018, where NASA has “turned a slightly cooling trend into a robust warming trend.”

Marquette-Michigan-v3-v4-%E5%8B%95%E7%94

Much more at the link. The bottom line is that surface temperature data have been hopelessly corrupted by partisans, and can’t be trusted to show temperature trends. The only data that are publicly available, transparent and reliable are the satellite readings that go back, as I recall, to 1979.

42 minutes ago, Foxx said:

The records go all the way back to...1952.  :rolleyes:

Edit: I just checked, and it was, in fact, warmer at times in the early '30s.  Those just aren't officially "recorded" temperatures.

Edited by DC Tom
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 6/20/2019 at 8:03 AM, Buffalo_Gal said:

I had that from April to May! Most of Western NY into the Finger Lakes has shared this wonderful "bug" since March. Now it has drifted north? Sorry for the import. 

Would you all please stop quoting Row33, I've had that douchebag on ignore forever, as he makes no sense.  And for reference, I don't even have Tibs on ignore!

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, TtownBillsFan said:

Would you all please stop quoting Row33, I've had that douchebag on ignore forever, as he makes no sense.  And for reference, I don't even have Tibs on ignore!

I feel the same when everyone quotes Tibs (which happens every single time he posts something),  McGee Returns, and Q-Baby (whose username was something else when I first blocked him). It is a shame we cannot see quoted text of blocked people as a blank quote. ?‍♀️

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I feel the same when everyone quotes Tibs (which happens every single time he posts something),  McGee Returns, and Q-Baby (whose username was something else when I first blocked him). It is a shame we cannot see quoted text of blocked people as a blank quote. ?‍♀️

If I rattle someone that much like I totally own TTown, deep down they know they have to change their life. 

:D

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

If I rattle someone that much like I totally own TTown, deep down they know they have to change their life. 

:D

Truth.  

I don't know why anyone would block you.  You're not exactly controversial.  You're basically the board equivalent of rice cakes.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

Truth.  

I don't know why anyone would block you.  You're not exactly controversial.  You're basically the board equivalent of rice cakes.

many thanks! 

only I am allowed to babyishly block people for a week or so, i even try to give Tibs a fair shake every second Monday.

audit partners have almost universally despised me, good thing I'm in a different accounting line, i have a few theories on why i bother them so much.... ?

1 minute ago, Thurmal34 said:

90 in Anchorage. But that isn’t the point. It’s the permafrost that’s escaping gas that’s worrisome, no? Who’s got a link?

On 7/5/2019 at 12:47 PM, DC Tom said:

The records go all the way back to...1952.  :rolleyes:

Edit: I just checked, and it was, in fact, warmer at times in the early '30s.  Those just aren't officially "recorded" temperatures.

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

That wasn't mockery. It was pointing out a relevant piece of information to your observation about the temperature in Anchorage. 

Was that all I commented on, or was that all you are willing to acknowledge?

After all, why shoot straight when you can twist and turn to fit your narrative?

Did I ask any other questions?

1 minute ago, Thurmal34 said:

Was that all I commented on, or was that all you are willing to acknowledge?

After all, why shoot straight when you can twist and turn to fit your narrative?

Did I ask any other questions?

What narrative do I have on this subject? 

Was the permafrost melting a concern in the 50s and 30s anymore so than today? 

Like I said -- I linked relevant information to your post. Yet you felt attacked. Might want to ask yourself why...